“Incredible stay!”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My friend & I just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel, from April 25-29th. Our plane landed at midnight, so we got to the hotel a little after 12(previously called saying we'd be arriving late) & when we got there Victor(very helpful) had our reservation and paperwork up and ready to go. We booked our stay through Priceline's name your own price and got a great deal. Once we found out it was this hotel, I read almost every review. I'm not sure why some people said the things they did, but I was very happy with our stay.

Our room was a resort view, which you can actually see some of the ocean from if your at the window. We had a king bed and it was very comfortable. The room was a little small, but you honestly don't need more. Plus, the room cools up faster since there's less room. I loved the blue ambient lighting, made the hotel have a "sexy" vibe.

The beach was amazing. There were chairs and umbrella's on the beach, and they hand out towels so no need to pack your own. They also handed out fruit kabobs and coconut ice cream on the beach, which were nice treats! Also a guy walking up the beach selling sorbet for $3, although it want affiliated with the hotel, at least I don't think it was!

The rooftop pool was also great. Gorgeous views!! Loved the beds on the roof also! No need to say more, simply amazing.

The staff was very kind and helpful, always smiling! They would hold doors open for you, and work very hard to get you what you wanted. One night we ran out of toilet paper so we used the phone in the hallway to the front desk, and within a few minutes we had more, although the poor lady fell on the way to bring it to us! Upon checkout we also had a parking charge billed to our room. I explained we took a taxi tree so it wasn't for us, and without even showing him the taxi receipt, the man at the front desk already had the charge removed!

We ate at Zest one morning for breakfast. I did the continental breakfast and was $11, which isn't bad at all. Loved the setting though, very upscale.

The hotel is also in a great area, very close to many restaurants. During our stay we walked to Bajuice(good smoothies), Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Baskin robins, Chilli's, Denny's - all very cheap and priced like at home.

Overall I really loved this hotel and look forward to coming back hopefully in the winter! You guys made my first time in Puerto Rico unforgettable!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank raspberry1837
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you so much. We appreciate all feedback but of course a glowing review as yours is a real pleasure to see on Trip Advisor. Thank you for mentioning so many great points on our hotel starting with the staff, location and the great service you experienced. Please know that the SJWB Club Hotel is here and waiting for your return.
My best,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We just got back from the water and beach club and had a wonderful time. The entire staff was extremely nice and helpful with all of our questions (specifically concierge, they are awesome). The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are clean. Every night they dropped off little chocolates for us, I know its a small gesture but these small gestures make the service memorable and we thought it was so sweet. Right on the beach, literally steps, and you get chairs and towels (and umbrellas if needed). The food at Zest was so delicious. Not crazy about the lunch from Mist but the ambiance on the top floor is fun and the view is amazing. Again cant say enough about the staff at this hotel-SO nice and helpful. The location is also fantastic, 5 minutes from the airport ($14 cab ride) and 15 min from old San Juan ($21 cab ride). Also on the same strip as El San Juan Hotel and Casino, Intercontinental, etc.so there are many restaurant options and nightlife options. I would go back to in a heart beat. Thank you WBC!!

Room Tip: We didnt get the balcony room because we didnt want to spend the extra money, we were barely ever in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the 5 stars!!!!! We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed our staff and service. I hope to see you again soon. Let me know when you are coming back so I can give you a warm welcome back.
Warmly,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked this hotel through Priceline and did not know a lot about it until after booking. We were overall quite pleased with our stay. Our room was not ocean front (I woudl imagine Priceline bidders do not get those rooms) however it was very clean and comfortable and the rate was excellent. It is situated on a safe and private street that ends at the hotel. We were there over Easter weekend and it was a very busy time. Despite the crowds the hotel staff were able to accommodate us well. Everyone was friendly. We were always greeted with a smile and never had to open the front door ourselves. The location is very good. The beach is steps from the front door. There are attendants who will greet you and set up chairs and umbrellas for you. I saw waitresses but they did not come to our chairs. Consequently, we walked to a beachfront bar next to the hotel for drinks to take back to our chairs. It probably saved us a lot of money. The rooftop pool offered a nice alternative to the beach and the views from there were incredible. This is a fun and hip hotel really intended for couples or people who want to party in a classy environment. I did not see many children here. The rooftop bar turns into a nightclub and the restaurant, Zest, is very high end. We had a delicious but pricey meal there. On the second floor there is an outside terrace that other people did not seem to know existed. You can bring your own food and drinks out there and enjoy the view. There is a Walgreen's nearby if you need anything and not far away are some larger resorts that offer casinos if you are interested.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cityorcountry

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back, hopefully next time you can fully experience what the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel has to offer.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

First time here, and we stayed for one night prior to a connecting flight. Great location for a night or two, very cool vibe, and décor. We had dinner at the rooftop restaurant and bar. Great tapas, and drinks. Would definitely stay again if only there for a night or two. Not a resort, and the only facility is the pool. Restaurant in lobby looks great as well, although we did not have time to try it. Rooms are functional but small.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jleibo

Thank you for taking your time in writing this review. It is always a great feeling to hear positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please try and return real soon and let me know when you do; I want to try and get the fifth star on your next review!
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Rooftop view and bar was perfect for sunsets and great drinks. Never overly crowded - even on the weekends. Unlike the larger hotels this establishment gives you a personal experience with wonderful staff. The beachfront location may be the best in San Juan. Drinks and breakfast were a bit on the expensive side but attentiveness of staff was top notch all the way.

• Stayed: April 2014
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for the great review and the 5 stars ***** It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you can make it back to the WBC very soon for another stay. I love it that you enjoyed our property and service.
Many thanks,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a top notch hotel. The food is gourmet in quality. The service is excellent I would highly recommend it. Staff are friendly and eager to please. Rooftop bar (Mist) is very comfortable with a spectacular view. It's informal. They have a tapas menu at night. The restaurant on the ground level (Zest) is more formal. The theme throughout the hotel is water. It's very relaxing. The staff will serve you a drink on the beach. They give you free sticks of fresh fruit and coconut ice cream in the afternoon if you happen to be on the beach. It's close to the airport. Take a taxi to get around. Don't rent a car as parking can be hard to find.

Room Tip: The ocean view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent visit and this wonderful review; especially mentioning our committed staff as they are the ones who make the magic happen. You pretty much covered the entire WBC experience, see you soon!
My best,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel for the first two days of our honeymoon and I am not impressed. The first room they put us in had a bed covered in short curly hair and the phone did not work so they moved us to another one with an ocean view trying to give us an upgrade. This was nice however the bottom of the window was so dirty you could not enjoy the view from bed. I have read other reviews and management has told people that if they would have written their concerns on the dream board then they will fix it. Well I did that and nothing happened, it wasn't cleaned or responded to on the board. The overall feel of the hotel is modern new age I guess to me it was just trying to hard to be hip. The lighting throughout the hotel is blue to go with their water feel so it is very dark. I think it's to hide the the deterioration of the hotel. If they would just call this place what it is ( hotel and not a resort) I probably would not be as disappointed with my stay as I was. The holiday inn express was a much better stay than this save your money and aggravation. Other side notes phone in new room did not work was told to use hall phone (also did not work) finally told to use cell phone if we needed anything, had to wait on valet 20 min one night he was no where to be found. Once again not a resort.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ashleyb4u

Our guests are always our priority. My sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than perfect; we respect all feedback and find it helpful for the hotel to learn and grow in all aspects that is what this forum is for. I would like to take this opportunity to address some issues you mentioned: In reference to our star rating, we are a “Four Stars Boutique Hotel” and not a “Resort”. There are times where situations occur that are not in our control and unfortunately our telephone system had technical difficulties during your stay which it was solved as soon as possible. Also, being right in front of the beach, we do pressure wash our windows periodically, however this can only be done professionally due to the safety of our room attendants. WBC management prides itself on follow through and recovery of any given guest’s experience; without a doubt. I personally, as well as my colleagues would be happy to have the chance to deliver to you what a WBC experience has become known for. I’m happy to make myself personally available to you should your travels return you to Puerto Rico.
I remain at your service,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#18 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Margaritaville Vacation Club Wyndham Rio Mar

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!