My friend & I just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel, from April 25-29th. Our plane landed at midnight, so we got to the hotel a little after 12(previously called saying we'd be arriving late) & when we got there Victor(very helpful) had our reservation and paperwork up and ready to go. We booked our stay through Priceline's name your own price and got a great deal. Once we found out it was this hotel, I read almost every review. I'm not sure why some people said the things they did, but I was very happy with our stay.
Our room was a resort view, which you can actually see some of the ocean from if your at the window. We had a king bed and it was very comfortable. The room was a little small, but you honestly don't need more. Plus, the room cools up faster since there's less room. I loved the blue ambient lighting, made the hotel have a "sexy" vibe.
The beach was amazing. There were chairs and umbrella's on the beach, and they hand out towels so no need to pack your own. They also handed out fruit kabobs and coconut ice cream on the beach, which were nice treats! Also a guy walking up the beach selling sorbet for $3, although it want affiliated with the hotel, at least I don't think it was!
The rooftop pool was also great. Gorgeous views!! Loved the beds on the roof also! No need to say more, simply amazing.
The staff was very kind and helpful, always smiling! They would hold doors open for you, and work very hard to get you what you wanted. One night we ran out of toilet paper so we used the phone in the hallway to the front desk, and within a few minutes we had more, although the poor lady fell on the way to bring it to us! Upon checkout we also had a parking charge billed to our room. I explained we took a taxi tree so it wasn't for us, and without even showing him the taxi receipt, the man at the front desk already had the charge removed!
We ate at Zest one morning for breakfast. I did the continental breakfast and was $11, which isn't bad at all. Loved the setting though, very upscale.
The hotel is also in a great area, very close to many restaurants. During our stay we walked to Bajuice(good smoothies), Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Baskin robins, Chilli's, Denny's - all very cheap and priced like at home.
Overall I really loved this hotel and look forward to coming back hopefully in the winter! You guys made my first time in Puerto Rico unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde