We had a fantastic time here. The room was certainly big enough for the two double beds. Bathroom roomy with a rain shower head. Plenty of hot water and good water pressure but I do agree with other commenters that the bathroom could use a shelf for toiletries. However, there were shelves in the room itself that were ok.
The in room safe was big enough to hold everything we needed it to -laptop, jewelry, etc. The closet was more like a rod over the dresser, kind of an alcove; it could have used a few more hangers, but it was certainly adequate. I always live out of my suitcase anyway!
The room was clean, and cleaned pretty well daily, especially since sand can be hard to keep under control. Our housekeeper was very pleasant, as was every staff member we came across.
The rooftop bar was nice, good food, great drinks! The pool is a tiny little postage stamp size, but who cares? You're at the beach!
Speaking of the beach, it was fabulous. Clean, superfine soft sand, clear green blue water that was warm, gentle waves. Heaven...with helpful young men to set up a chair, umbrella, give you a towel. Lovely young women taking orders and bringing you tropical drinks or food on the beach. Yes, of course it's pricey, but it's a resort! Just read the bill, because the tip Is ALREADY ADDED IN!!! It took me 3 days to realize that, (but we certainly did get good service!)
We had New Years dinner in the restaurant downstairs. It was delicious. Try the pumpkin soup!
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a lot of fun, and everyone was helpful and accommodating.
It was 5 days in paradise. Really, what could I possibly complain about?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde