San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
$109
Good 3.5/5
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
Good 3.5/5
1,430 results
All reviewsrooftop barblue lightingboutique hotelzest restaurantpopcorn soupsan juandead end streetsmall poolcloset spacechairs and umbrellasocean frontsmall hotelan umbrellagreat drinkspartial ocean viewfood and drinkstrip to puerto rico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Isle Verde is a nice security populated area. Food options are abundant and affordable. Beach was public friendly and clean. Owners on the beach with their dogs were an occasional nuisance but not enough to be a deterrant. Hotel was a few minutes from the airport. Taxi and bus is nearby. Hotel was easy to find. Visibly labeled "WBC". Staff was helpful & friendly. Housekeepers were attentive & thorough. Rooftop lounge & pool was my favorite. Loved the view, breeze, and relaxing atmosphere. Was nice hearing rooftop club music from the room. The "Wish" board was a nice touch. Lighting was easy on the eyes. I especially loved the windowed wall so I can awake to full sunlight. Management, please clean the outer windows in room #806. Nothing but good things to say about this place. Also liked the beach service. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Joey00
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am here laying in this oh so comfortable bed thinking that I have to do this review now while all the details are still clear. I am celebrating my 50th birthday and needed a pre-cruise room for 1 night. I booked a city view room through booking.com after reading the reviews here on trip advisor. My husband & I arrived from the airport via taxi approximately 1:30PM with the expectation of dropping off our luggage, walking around and having lunch since we were too early for the 4PM check in. Upon exiting the taxi, we were greeted and our luggage was taken inside immediately. When we got to the reception desk we again were warmly greeted by a very friendly Isis. At that time we discovered that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to an ocean front infinity suite 10th floor, room 1005. Both my husband and I were blown away with the 2 room suite. The view was amazing, the room was beautiful. My husband said he felt like this room looked like a hotel/apartment on Miami Vice. Very relaxing atmosphere. Nothing but smiles and friendly faces from the staff when you see them in the hallway or the elevator. Everything is close by fast food restaurants, chain restaurants walgreens, car rental etc. We ate lunch at Mi Casita's which was very good(separate review). We had takeout/room service from Zest again very good would have been a tad bit better if I had some salad dressing on my salad but it did not ruin the meal (separate review) The beach was literally right across the street. We walked along the beach but did not spend much time there as our view from our suite was outstanding. I wish I had come a few days earlier so I could spend more time here.I will come back. Customer service and customer satisfaction (a lost art) is alive and well here and is very important here and is taken very seriously by management and staff.

Room Tip: The music was not as bad as they say but I guess it depends on what room you are in. We were in 1005.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I read all the reviews over the last year before booking at this hotel. My wife and I just returned home this week and just read a recent review with the title above.
This guy really nailed it, and I agree with everything he wrote.
I'm pasting the negative comments here from his review.
I just don't understand how this hotel was rated #1 .
All the employees working there were wonderful, cheerful, friendly, professional, and very helpful, but we were disappointed with the rooms.

THE NOT SO GOOD

Rooms next to the elevator will be noisy. As I mentioned, we had to move to a quieter location. Ask not to be placed in one of these rooms. Rooms near the roof deck will be noisy, too. On weekends, there is a DJ pumping loud techno dance music until 2:30 AM. Yes, 2:30 AM. Even on the 5th floor, we heard it and could not sleep until after 2:30. The doors to the rooms are also noisy. They're made of heavy metal and slam every time they close. We also heard drunken revelers in the hallways late at night. So, not a quiet place, to say the least.

Both rooms we stayed in had terrible showers. They had six-inch round shower heads, but the water came out at a trickle. We didn't stay in the first room long enough to complain about it much. But in the second room, after two days of it, we complained. They sent a repairman up right away and he said the valve was stuck partly closed. The pressure was improved, but it still wasn't all that great.

The coffee situation is terrible. There is a cheap Cuisinart pod coffee maker in the bathroom. There is no complimentary coffee in the lobby or restaurant. If you want coffee from the restaurant, you have to do the buffet, which is pricey. We were hoping to use a one-cupper to make our own, but the hotel had no electric kettle we could use. So, we were forced to walk about 10 blocks to the Starbucks at the El San Juan Hotel to get a decent cup of coffee in the mornings.

Breakfast, as I mentioned, is not included. It costs extra. I believe it was $15 or more per person, per day. We ate breakfast at Bajuice, a small breakfast/juice place, which was good but very slow, and at Piu Bello, a diner, which was good. We also tried Mia Cantina for breakfast, which was horrible. Both of us didn't even finish our breakfasts.

The room was uncomfortable overall. The king bed was nice, the mattress great. But the room itself offered only one armchair. Behind the bed was a silly, tiny desk setup with a small chair. We never used this part of the room and because there was so little closet space, we just kept our empty luggage back there. It was a total waste of space. The bed was arranged diagonally, taking up most of the room. Only one of us had a night table. Luckily, there was a shelf running the length of the room. We kept all our stuff on this shelf. But, again, there was nowhere to sit and relax.

The hotel should try to make the rooms more comfortable. Night tables and additional chairs are needed. Free coffee in the lobby would be nice, too, especially considering the cost of staying in this hotel. Overall, trendiness trumped comfort at the San Juan Water and Beach Club.

We were ready to leave after five nights.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator or the upper floors!

Room Tip: Only 6 rooms have balconies. Low floor may be a better choice on weekend since music is blasting till 2:30 am on rooftop
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry4333
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We regret that you were unable to share your own experience and instead decided to repost a previous review. We welcome constructive criticism and your personal feedback would have given us a better understanding of your expectations. Our team members are the cornerstone of the WBC experience and they come through time and again. In reference to your concerns of our #1 status in Trip Advisor, it is evident throughout our reviews. Regardless of some topical or design improvement opportunities, an exemplary staff affords us the ability to expect our guests to return. Yes, some guests find our hotel rather small for their preference but the majority of them discover that big things can come in small packages; we hope you can trade that for the best customer service ever. We regret that boutique hotels are not to your likings.
All the best,
Virna

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Let me just start by saying that this hotel is excellent for its customer service and satisfaction. I have stayed at this hotel, I’ve done corporate meetings, weddings and all sort of activities and these people are AMAZING! As soon as you enter the hotel, you will find someone willing to greet you with a smile and help you with any request. For activities they are very diligent, the Catering Director Ms. Nailín Delgado is a very diligent person aside from nice and very willing, activities flow beautifully and there is always staff making sure every single detail is as you requested. In the reservations department Ms. Betsy Mujica is also extremely nice and diligent, she would make you stay a comfortable one and she will assist you with any special request you have. Rooms are not too big but they definitely are comfortable and decorated in a soothing modern way. Food is amazing! I would recommend the French Toasts in the morning, this plate is huge and very tasty, and they serve it with a fresh tropical fruit bowl. Their spot (Mist) at the roof of the hotel is very “chic” perfect for a great evening chat with friends or couple. This hotel is right in front of the beach where you will have servers going around in case you need anything, is also close to great nightlife spots and restaurants. No matter the occasion you are visiting this hotel for; I assure you will have an excellent time. I would stay in this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Flight delayed for 6 days. This was the third hotel we stayed in, and it is a jewel. Rooms are uber-cool; high ceilings, interesting lighting, and turquoise walls. Staff can't seem to do enough for guests. Right on the beach. Walk out the front door, onto the beach, and the hotel attendant offers you towels, a lounge chair, and an umbrella; he even digs a hole and plants the umbrella for you. While you sit on the beach, bar staff comes around and offers drinks. At about 3:00 p.m. the towel attendant came around with coconut ices. We stayed in rooms 208 and 209, which were not facing the beach, and were a little less expensive. This hotel is worth every penny. In hotel, Zest restaurant has excellent food. Worth dining there at least once. Rooftop patio has a bar, pool, lounge chairs, and an amazing view of the surrounding area. Trip Advisor lists 21 restaurants in Isla Verda. Some were good, some not-so-good. When tired of Puerto Rican food, we choice the BaJuice bar, just around the corner, for healthy smoothies and juices.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't front on the beach are a little less expensive.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family