“Awesome!”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
“Awesome!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I spent this past weekend at the Water Beach Club. The hotel is amazing, the staff friendly and the location is great. I highly recommend it!

My daughter and I study for her finals and enjoyed the hotel at the same time. It was quiet and peaceful. The location is hard to beat.

Stayed December 2013
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. Your sentiment is exactly how we want our guests to feel when they're here... Relaxed and right at home. We hope to welcome you back soon.
My best,
Virna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
bronx
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Husband and I just returned from PR. The hotel was very modern and unique. The staff was EXCELLANT. I had room service everyday I was there. I had an Oceanfront room. The hotel practically right on the beach. The hotel provides chairs and umbrellas for the beach, they even had food service on the beach. The Pina Coladas were very good. The food and drinks were a bit pricey, but I guess that comes with the tourism. This was my second time at this hotel. Its for young couples that are looking for a getaway. I will highly recommend this hotel. The Hotel was very very clean .

Room Tip: Oceanfront or suite
2 Thank bellabx314
As always, it was a real treat to have you here again! Keep in touch for your next visit is right around the corner.
East Wareham, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a fabulous time in this beautiful hotel literally "on" the beach. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with us non-Spanish speaking Bostonians. We highly recommend this hotel and area for beaches, entertainment (casinos and night life) and lots of history. We enjoyed Old San Juan and it's rich culture and of course the Bacardi establishment with it's free tour and tasting! Transportation is clean, easy, and so affordable...The bus is 75 cents to Old San Juan...and the trip was fun. The locals were friendly and helped us find our way around and even taught us some Spanish!
Back to Water & Beach Club....We are forever spoiled with your hospitality and making us feel like one of the family!

Room Tip: Water front is so worth it....just make sure my room is available when I come back!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debra C
Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our great service, friendly staff and fabulous beach. Please let me know when you are returning so we can make sure you receive the VIP welcome back!
My best,
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I traveled alone to P.R. for a relaxing vacation away from it all back home. The Water Club was the perfect place for my solo getaway. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I called a day before my check-in date to alert the front desk that I would be arriving earlier than their 4pm check-in time, and asked if they would be able to accommodate a room then. Juan at the front desk was very pleasant on the phone and when I arrived the next day, he hooked me up with early check-in. No waiting! :)

The hotel is located right by the beach so I was able to walk just a few steps to the sand & ocean for sunbathing and snoozing on the beach without a care in the world. It rained on & off during my 4 day stay, so I stayed inside the hotel a lot. I'm not complaining as the hotel has a small gym located on the basement level, which I used every day. There's a rooftop pool and Mist bar, which offer a great view of the island. There's a restaurant located off the lobby and room-service. I had lunch on the beach one day, which is serviced by the hotel restaurant. Try the pina colada with your meal! It's so good! The beach staff is excellent, very nice and they don't pester you. My salad and one drink totaled over $30, so if you don't want to spend that much money on lunch for yourself, there are also plenty of cheap fast food restaurants on Isla Verde Avenue very close to the hotel. There is also a traditional Puerto Rican style food restaurant (Mi Casita) located in the little strip mall on the same avenue. The food is good and inexpensive. There is a Walgreens convenience store/pharmacy located a few feet away from the hotel, which is great and there's a fresh juice bar nearby as well.

The housekeeping staff is very nice and helpful, and did a good job cleaning the room, especially all the sand I dragged in from the beach! :)

One complaint I have about my room was that there was very little drawer space for my clothes and my room had no refrigerator, which I find to be something very standard in most hotel rooms, especially any 4-star rated hotel. Also, I was very confused as to why the coffee maker and ice tray were placed together with the ironing board and iron atop a tiny dresser located in the only closet space covered by a curtain. That was very bizarre to me. I had no room to hang anything because it would literally hang over the coffee maker and bottles of water provided by the hotel. This set up is a potential disaster waiting to happen. Coffee can easily spill & stain clothing or even cause a fire. That just didn't work well for me at all.

Another complaint I have is the very poor water pressure in the shower. I never once had any hot water. The water was always cold or very tepid. I wish I could at least once have taken a hot shower, especially after a long day at the beach covered by sand and oil.

Overall though, the trip was very enjoyable and I would stay at this hotel again and even recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Laura D
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Me and my wife last vacation was 12 years ago, we decided to choose this hotel after reviewing it's high reviews. We arrived to the hotel around 1 pm. We originally had city view room but was advised to upgrade to an ocean view for additional few bucks. We didnt regret this; the room was amazing and availble; we didnt have to wait for the scheduled check in time. The ocean view from the 9th floor was relaxing and the sound of the waves at night was breath taking. The blue lights in the room and throughout the hotel gives a tranquil feeling. The staff was truly amazing from room service; they have a wish list board in the room that we can request and its fullfilled by 8pm. The staff at the Zest restaurant was great, especially, Ayala & Natalia.They were great! The hotel also has a gym, small but enough to get a good workout. There's a business room in the lobby with computers & printers. Free wifi, was excellent for us. The roof top pool and Mist bar was good. I was not crazy about my drinks being served in a plastic glass. The bar menus lite up and the ambience was awesome. This place really is great for couples to get away from the noise of the city life. I hardly saw any children which might make this place so relaxing; no offense to the children, I have 4 of my own. The beach is steps from the hotel; the beach boys handle your beach towels, chairs & umbrella which was great. We enjoyed service on the beach ordering pina coladas and appetizers from the staff on the beach while soaking up the sun. We met a lady by the name of Veirna; she is truly a warm & friendly person and gave us hugs which was a personal touch. I knew of her by the awesome reviews I read about her. I would come back again, wish we could of stayed a few more days. We survived some of the rain they had there; but overall this hotel was great from begining to end. Thank you San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel for your awesome service, we will see you again soon!!!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a ocean view room. It was really nice to wake up to the sounds of the ocean and th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very glad to see that all aspects were enjoyable for you; service, rooms and all other areas. We work hard to deliver a perfect stay and you, as a guest, deserve the best that we have to offer. Thank you for an excellent review, we hope to welcome you back real soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The staff here does hospitality right.
I've never experienced the customer service that this hotel provides anywhere else I've stayed.
This hotel doesn't seem child friendly...a huge plus if you want a relaxing couples getaway.
I was traveling with a somewhat particular friend and they accommodated every single request he had.
It is right on the beach.
Parking: if renting a car, they provide $15/day valet parking, or you can get lucky and find free parking on tartak street. 5/6 nights I stayed I found a free parking spot.
Beach: they provide you with complimentary beach chairs, towels and umbrellas. There's a walgreens right across the street that sells cheap coolers and drinks to make a perfect beach day complete.
Rooftop: the lounge is incredible. Comfy chairs and pillows overlooking the ocean and a pool.
I loved every aspect about this hotel. It was modern and cool. The concierge was awesome and super helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Genuine people providing excellent service is quite simply the only formula for a hotel to be successful. We're happy to have had the opportunity to provide you a great stay and the best guest service ever. Hope to see you soon.
Tustin, California, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I just spent 2 nights at the Water & Beach Club and really loved it. We had an oceanfront room with beautiful views. The hotel is very fun and funky, lots of blue lighting in the lobby and hotel rooms, very sexy. Just steps from the beach and with food and drink beach service, what more can you ask for? The rooftop pool is small but very pretty and relaxing. There is also a rooftop bar, and the restaurant downstairs is AMAZING!! My husband and I tend to be wine and food snobs and this place was impressive! We ate there both nights and met the chef. His creations were incredible and so delicious, definitely a highlight of our trip. We had the same server both nights, I believe her name is Janira, and she was awesome!! She was so sweet, and knew the food and wine list so well and always made great recommendations. We loved her! Thank you all for a fabulous stay, although it was way too short. Also, the airport was only 5 minutes away so that was a bonus!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!