“Happy, Happy Customer!!”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I work for an airline and am just beginning to use my free flying. So I came to SJ for a concert with my best friend. We arrived with no plan since we fly standby. We knew what area we wanted to stay at, given some of the big name hotels in the neighborhood. As we began calling around this place was the best deal. From the first call to the reservations, to now, sitting in my super comfy bed our last night here, we have been blown away by this staff and the hotel it's self. Walk out the front door to the beach, the valet team and front desk do everything they can to make sure you have every last thing your little heart desires. And the hotel....super chic!! I have stayed in trendy hotels on Sunset strip in Los Angeles, and they have got it all wrong. This place has it down. From the mood lighting to the ocean sounds as you wait for the elevator that has a clear ceiling and a waterfall in the back of the elevator. It's over the top in a good way, but a reasonable price tag.
We didn't try the restaurant, but again I can't say enough about this STAFF! My friend even forgot her purse on the beach. The towel boy had it safe and sound before she could even run back. I watched another guest freak out at the valet and the front desk guy. She was so pretentious, I wanted to slap her for them, but they were more than calm and courteous as they solved the issue. Overall, if you want a great experience in San Juan, stay here. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather G
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for a great review. I’m very happy to hear that our beach staff had a great impression on you! I will definitely pass along your kind words and recognize them for keeping safe your friend’s purse. It is always a delight to hear such great things about our hotel and team members.
We’ll look forward to seeing you again!
Warmest regards,
Virna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location in Isla Verde. The beach is literally steps from the front entrance of the hotel with someone there to carry your chairs and umbrella to the water's edge for you. Easy walking to several restaurants, shopping and casino. The hotel was immaculately clean and the staff was tremendous. Beds were super comfortable and we loved that there was a refrigerator in our room. We could not have asked for more during this trip and our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Sounds like you experienced a perfect paradise stay! Let’s do it again…
Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff were outstanding, but the facilities, not so. Our room had a terrible view, no refrigerator. If you were to order room service, you would have had to sit in your bed, as there was only one chair and no table to sit at. We tried to dine on the acclaimed rooftop area, but to no avail.. Private parties abound, and spilled onto the pool area. We even tried to have a quiet Sunday evening (at the very small pool), but only to be overcome by another private party of smoking/drinking guests (smoking in the pool !!) There are only 6 pool chairs, so we finally - had to leave.

We even had to ask staff to get us the chairs/towels/umbrella on the beach one day, as their staff did not show up for work.

My final comments - this property is no more than lipstick on a pig - don't be fooled. Because of the lack of detail, we did not dare try the restaurant. It may be highly acclaimed, but because of the dis-satisfied hotel accommodations, we didn't dare spend the money and sought further properties on foot; just to get a great meal.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is at the perfect location, a few steps away from the beach and very close to the best beach-shack-restaurant on Isla Verde (El Ambique). Service is great, the rooms are clean, but I wish there weren't so many blacklights!

I have to give an extre shout-out to our maid Sofia during our stay. She was SUPERB!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous beach and that Sofia provided you great service. Looking forward to seeing you again!
My best,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

very small room, great view, bed 10!!!pillow toP!! roof top pool. view ..wow,, very nice sitting area, great bartender,,bloody maries 10!! will stay again,,yes . see u soon!! i live in Puerto Rico thks karen

Room Tip: ask for balconi!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

#10 is our favorite number…Thank you and see you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it!! I found them on Trip Advisor after learning that the Marriott Courtyard would be under construction, so I cancelled my reservation there and booked here. It is so close to all the restaurants and the beach is right across the street. Easy to go back and forth to your room if necessary. We loved eating at the little sports bars down the street. All the staff was so friendly and eager to help. Danny was awesome on arrival (we were 9 hrs late and missed the whole day), he upgraded us to an oceanfront room. The rooms were small but very well-designed and the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I love when our amazing staff makes such an impact on service that you remember them by name. I will pass along you kind words to him. I hope to welcome you back soon!
My best,

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

1st time in PR for myself and 2nd for my husband. We stayed at the Water Beach Club hotel in Isla Verde. We loved the hotel and it's close proximity to several great restaurants and a short cab ride to historic Old San Juan. The beach is fabulous!!

1  Thank Guzmandeb
#5 of 48 in San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!