“Best hotel”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
San Francisco, California
“Best hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was one of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed at. It is very hip, chic, and the service was top notch. The beach is perfect and they have chairs and towels for guests. The restaurant looks good but we did not eat in it. The rooms have cool blue lights. Awesome place, would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rastko S
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
No more needs to be said; cool, hip, chic and top notch service! Thank you and hope to see you again real soon.
Warmest regards,
Virna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and the location was awesome--private beach with chairs, umbrellas, etc.
Ultramodern hotel, comfortable, but rooms rather small. When we first got there I thought it was rather different--it's like you're under water with the décor. Beautiful elevators with water flowing on back. Blue lights, which make it look surreal.
Staff was fantastic.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelers194448
I'm very glad to see that all aspects were enjoyable for you. We work hard to deliver a perfect stay in all areas and you, as a guest, deserve the best that we have to offer. Thank you for the 5 stars; we are so happy you loved our location!
Yours in hospitality,
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We actually live in Puerto Rico and went to WBC to celebrate my wife's birthday and for a romantic escapade during the weekend. I cannot stress enough the excellent service we received from every single employee (Andy, Leonardo, Valerie, Carlos, Nelson, Natalie, etc.). We had never experienced such amazing customer service either here in PR or offshore. Food was delicious in Zest, poolside and even on the beach. I'd definitely be back everytime I need a break from everyday life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank delgado027
Thanks for your visit and review--and thanks for confirming that The WBC is the best hotel and best staff hands down. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest regards,
tucson, az
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here twice on our way down to St. Barth and back from St. Martin and just loved it.
Danny at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. The interiors were surprisingly fabulous
as their interior designer nailed the property as far as the design concepts and furnishings.
Kudos to the owners of this property as they have a real gem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank topcattc7
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Third time is a charm! We hope to welcome you back real soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of August. I chose it because of the great reviews, it seemed like it would be the ideal place for a romantic getaway but it was slightly disappointing. The staff was very nice and check in was easy. The hotel is actually across the street from the beach but that is not a big deal, they provide chairs and umbrellas. I am all about minimal decor but the room was quite sparse. There was a lot of empty space and a strange sheer curtain hanging when you first walk in but it was not clear what purpose this served. Our AC unit kept leaking and there was a huge pool of water extending from the window and under our bed. Supposedly they came up to fix it but it continued to leak and we had to keep using our towels to soak up the water. The bathroom was small. There was very little counter space in the room, we put out the ironing board just to have a place to put our stuff. The rooftop lounge was very nice and relaxing and it was great to have wifi up there. The pool is very small but usually empty. On some weekend nights it becomes a club and it was nice to go dancing there. The area around the hotel is ok. I had actually spent the first part of my trip at the Marriott in Condado and I think the area is much better there. There were a few bars/restaurants but not as good in Condado and everthing seemed run down. There is one beach bar just down the road that we went to several times a day and it was great. We did eat at the notel restaurant one night and the food was delicious. Expensive but worth it and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank zedzee22
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit. Yes, some guests find our hotel rather small for their preference but the majority of them discover that big things can come in small packages; we hope you can trade that for the best customer service ever.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was on Groupon back in July and saw this deal for this hotel; it was a great deal for 4 nights. Since I had never been to Puerto Rico, I felt that need to jump on it. I booked the trip, airfare and start packing and couldn't wait until Sept to see what Puerto Rico had to offer. I got in touch with friends that were Puerto Rico to figure what things to see and do while there. The night before leaving to head to Puerto Rico, I couldn't sleep I was so excited. When arrived in San Juan, I caught a cab and less than 5 mins. I was at the hotel. I was feeling the contemporary style of the hotel, as I got out the cab Adrian (Valet -Friendly & Cool) greeted me and helped with bag to the check out where I was also greeted by Virna & Paloma (Front desk-Friendly & Professional) and checked me right into my room. When I got the elevator and the door opened I was amazed by the waterfall I was like wowwwww :) then when I got my 8 floor and got the off the elevator. I was really feeling the lights and the glow of the numbers on the door. I got to my room and opened the door and was very impressed by the room, most def the view of the beach from my room. I was very pleased with my room, not too much, not too little but just right. I left my room and went upstairs to the Mist club Lounge that was on top of the hotel, there I met Efrain. Very cool and friendly person, I informed him that it was my first time here in Puerto Rico. I asked him could he make me my first drink that was from there. I told me that Puerto Rico was famous for its rum and he made me a Mist Julep, which was very good and then made another drink for me called The Islander. I would recommend another to try these when you come along with a Pina Colada, which was invented in Puerto Rico. As I enjoyed my drink it was a breathtaking, amazing, priceless view of the beach, lounge area & pool. I couldn't believe it, all I could say was wowwwwwwwwwwwww. I was so glad that I had picked this place, and know that I was going to have the time of my life here while on vacation.
The days while I was there I had breakfast in Zest, Jackie (Host-Friendly, Professional & Great) took great care of me with and offered recommendations on the food choice they had that would be great to try. ;) On other days upon heading out, I stopped at the concierge desk where Lola & Kyra (Wonderful, Great, Professional & Friendly) was very helpful and knowledgeable on places to go, see and do around Puerto Rico. I wasn't able to do and see everything but I when I do come back I will for sho. On others days when I didn't go out, I would hit the beach. I met John & Leonardo (Friendly & Cool) who assisted with setting up the chair and umbrella for me on the beach. They made sure that I found a great spot every-time when I went out there to enjoy some fun in the sun. During the morning, afternoon and evening, I ran into the other staff Andy (Valet-Professional, Great, Cool & Friendly) who told me about a spot in Old San Juan called Cafe Manolin which was absolutely great. I can't forget about Abraham, Nelson, Carla, Victor, Ramon, Xavier & Aramis it so many people that took great care of me and was helpful while I stayed. There is nothing that I can't say bad about nothing or my first experience in Puerto Rico. EVERYTHING WAS BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS....EXCELLENT JOB!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK ****I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE WHEN COMING TO VISIT**** THIS PLACE MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE FAMILY WHICH THEY ARE NOW MY FAMILY :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank AJCrutch202
Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your “Absolutely 100% Perfect” review. You basically said it all; it describes the way we strive to have every guest feel as they depart from the WBC as part of our family. Thanks again for sharing your experience so eloquent and so lovely. We greatly appreciate you for recognizing the individuals that accomplished just that, we take a lot of pride in what we do and it was a pleasure doing it for you. Welcome to the WBC family and hope to welcome you back soon.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Small boutique hotel hidden among large hotels, this place is a GEM! Contemporary style, blue lights, give this place a very warm, romantic feel. My boyfriend and I escaped for the weekend, stayed 3 nights, and hated to leave. Only a few minutes from the airport, which is great because we had such limited time that I really didn't want to spend it driving back and forth to the airport. Service was great. Concierge was so helpful in helping us plan our ziplining and fishing excursions. The rooftop pool was amazing, breathless view of the beach and waitress service. And the rooftop lounge was awesome! Paid a little extra for an oceanfront room, which was so well worth it. And literally a few steps from the beautiful beach. I know I sound like a commercial for this hotel but I promise I'm just a traveler just like you. Can't wait to go back...

Room Tip: Oceanfront room is worth the small extra charge. And no need for rental car since restaurants are w...