We booked this hotel for a group of 3 couples in May 2013 through JetBlue vacations at a very reasonable rate.
We arrived at the San Juan airport early (9am) and took a very short cab ride to the hotel. To our surprise they allowed us to check in and proceed to our rooms at 10am, which was huge. The hotel itself has a very modern design with a small restaurant on the first floor with a bar and a large roof top bar with food until late at night.
Directly across the street from the hotel is a large public beach which while we were there was clean and had plenty of space. Also on this small street that the hotel is on there are a few small beach side eateries and bars that are very easy walking distance, of which the best IMO is El Alambique. Within 1 block of the hotel is convenience stores, pizza hut, rite aid and many other small rental companies, restaurants and bars. You wouldn't know they were there while on the beach but 1 block off you have a lot of convenience. I would rate the area as very good for the younger beach crowd that wants to grab a cooler pack it up and head to the beach. There hare jet ski rentals just down the beach along with several other hotels with their own restaurants and bars. All of these things combined with how close this hotel is to the airport makes for a great location.
We all had standard king rooms, a bit on the small side but workable. Everyone here complains about the blue light, which is mostly funny because IT CAN BE TURNED OFF! The bed was reasonably comfortable and the shower was big and workable. Wifi was free and room service was available. I would have liked to have seen stocked mini bars in the room.
The hotel has a "fine dining" restaurant on the first floor which doubles to serve a continental breakfast. It is rated very well on tripadvisor, but we didn't end up going here and opted for other options. The food and drinks at the rooftop bar however were really good and included skewers, flat breads and salads. The rooftop area turns into a club later at night but still serves food late.
We would return here. The few minor detractors were outweighed by the price/value and location. Probably best for those under the age of 40.
Check out Jose Enrique in downtown San Juan, best food we had all vacation.
You can bring your own coolers and beverages to the beach. 1 block from the hotel is a convenience store that sells food, wine, beer and liquor (as well as styrofoam coolers)
El Alambique right down the street is an excellent beach bar for food and drinks.
Cabs are available right outside the hotel at all times of day.
The rooftop bar is great and has food late
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde