There's a reason why this hotel won 2012 Tripadvisor hotel award. THIS WAS THE BEST BOUTIQUE HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT! If you are looking at places to stay in Isla Verde this is the ONLY hotel you need to book. From Value, to location, restaurant options, nightlife, service (extremely friendly and accommodating) The beach is literally 8 feet from the steps of the hotel steps. The beach is by far one of the best beaches I've EVER been on. Rooftop pool overlooking the ocean (not huge but definitely worth the view). Happy Hour almost every night at the bar in Zest, and 2-1's at Mist from 8-10pm and Friday is ladies night! Get a quick drink before you head to Brava (club in San Juan Resort & Casino) or just to relax and take in the views. Zest has an amazing menu (must try the popcorn soup you'll be in for a treat!) if you love coconut the bartender makes this coconut martini to die for. If you want to dine outside the hotel and want to try some authentic PR food, Mi Casita is very close walking distance in the shopping center. La Playita is a great restaurant with ocean views a bit of a walk but worth it. There's Platos which I didn't get a chance to try but was recommended from the hotel staff. Galluzzo cafe down the block makes the best Cafe con leche and serves breakfast and lunch til 8pm. If you want to switch to more American food theres your typical chain fast foods, Chili's, Brother Jimmys BBQ, Ruths Chris Steakhouse then you have Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell just to name a few. Next to Mi Casita is Pasta to go, PLEASE GO THERE. I was shocked that their lasagna was decent. Getting around is extremely convenient. You can get a cab 24/7. Rates are by zone. FYI it doesn't matter where you stay in PR, cabs can be expensive if you plan on taking them multiple times a day every day. I recommend heading to Charlie's Rental if you want to check out other parts of the island or head to El Yunque. There is a bus (T5) in front of the Walgreens that can take you into Old San Juan for 75 cents (exact change) beware there is no bus schedule so you'll have to deal with PST (Puerto Rican Standard Time) and just wait. Ride takes roughly 45-50 minutes from the hotel and drops you off at the piers. So now that you finished eating Mofongo, drinking coco frios, site seeing and taking in some sun on the beach it's time to take a nap. I stayed in one of the atmospheric rooms which gives you a little more space than the standard rooms, it's worth the extra bucks. The blue ambiance lighting throughout the hotel and rooms makes you feel like your in a spa. Very calming and relaxing. I will admit the shower is a bit awkward. There's no door....BUT housekeeping will give you a TON of towels because the floor will get wet. Every room has a safe, fridge I believe is upon request, they do have a laundering service that picks up every morning. The staff is really great and will bend over backwards to make sure you have a wonderful stay. There wasn't a day that went by you weren't greeted with a smile and that says a lot! I've stayed at the Marriott Stellaris in Condado which is very nice but does NOT compare to what you will get at WBC. So happy I stumbled upon this hidden gem and would certainly return without a blink of an eye =D Thank you everyone at WBC for making me very sad to return to NYC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde