“Memorable Honeymoon;)”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Yeadon, Pennsylvania
“Memorable Honeymoon;)”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This review is late but felt the need to share...We were married on the sat before hurricane sandy so to say we weren't really prepared for that was an understatement!!!! After getting word the morning after our wedding that the airports were closing Sunday night was a disaster since we we werent supposed to leave til Monday morning!!!!! The staff at the hotel were SO helpful and took our Stress level down ten times fold...not only were we upgraded to a midlevel floor with BEAUTIFUL OCEAN VIEWS We were given a day at a discount for the extra night since we had to come in a full day early.
Everyone was so nice and kept giving us congrats on our wedding!!
This hotel is for couples and thats exactly what we wanted....we loved it so much we are already booked for our honeymoon week!!!
Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed October 2012
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
It is an honor that you chose The WBC for such an important getaway your “Honeymoon”! stress free environment, luxurious surroundings and world class service are some of the ingredients you can expect from The WBC! I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience it and we look forward to celebrating your 1st anniversary. Thank you so much for the great review.
Virna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have never written a review of a hotel, but i simply had to for this one.
I arrived in Puerto Rico excited for a week of relaxation and sun. Booked into número uno guesthouse in san Juan, and checked out the next day. Awful place, really disappointing.
So spent my first day researching an alternative, and found the Water and Beach club. So glad I did. I travel often and stay in high end hotels for work. This place is really in a different league
Just down the beach from the El San Juan Resort and Casino, so it shares the same beach.
The hotel is privately owned and it shows. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and polite. Notngs is too much trouble. Most rooms face the ocean, and it's worth booking one of them. I stayed on the 9th floor. The rooms are modern, comfortable and on the funky side which I liked. Clever how they face the bed at an angle to face the windows and make the most of the space. Literally right on the beach, and the road dead ends at this hotel so it's quiet. Great rooftop bar with small private pool. Lots of comfy sofas to relax on (think white nightclub type) again great staff and service.one last thing, I mislaid a valuable ring in my room and notified the staff. My housekeeper spent 2 hours searching as if it were her own ring, and eventually found it stuck in a corner.

Room Tip: Really worth paying a little extra for Ocean View room. The weekends the roof top is a "go to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kate J
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review, you covered it all in a nutshell. We are so happy to hear of your amazing stay with us. Now that you have discovered us…this will be your home away home Puerto Rico destination. Search no more...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Its really awesome hotel at good price. Its close to airport with hardly 10 min drive. Ocean front view is must ! Hotel staff is very helpful and might even upgrade if room is available at the time you visit. In the daytime you will get beach-chair, umbrella complimentary from hotel. Its quite clean as well. You can ask for drinks and snack right at the beach ( I loved that !). Another fantastic feature is Roof top pool with breathtaking view of the Ocean. In the night time the serene sound of ocean to falls to your ears. The hotel eating place is little expensive although there are plenty of nice restaurants just to the back side of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank drashish83
We work hard to keep our high service standards throughout the property both day and night. It seems like you were able to experience the best of what the WBC has to offer. Please know that we enjoyed having you stay with us more!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved this place! This was me and my boyfriends first visit to PR and we loved staying at the WBC. Friendly and helpful staff, awesome location - literally right across from the beach, and perfectly fine rooms - albeit, its no Ritz, but just what we wanted.

If you are looking for a cool/ chic boutique hotel that gives you a personal feel (we are not resort people) that is also ON the beach, this is the place to go in Isla Verde if youre searching for a non-resort sort of spot. Also, they had cute details to the stay, like flavored water, fruit kabobs on the beach, free drinks for the mujeres on their roof (w/ amazing views) and chocolates on the pillows at night.

I would without a doubt stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had no problem with the noise from the roof, however I did hear the hig...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gretchen C
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you! We have made some fresh and exciting changes throughout the hotel over the last year and the end result has exceeded our guests ‘expectation. We're very glad that you had the chance to enjoy some of the new perks, especially our beach amenities. Thanks for dropping by and we hope to welcome you back.
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made this two night stay our third stop in a trip to several parts of Puerto Rico. The hotel was amazing from the moment we arrived. The staff was dressed in very chic attire. Absolutely everyone was friendly and helpful (especially the parking attendant). The use of neon in the corridors, room and glass roofed elevator was funky and fun. The room was nice (cozy bed, good amenities) but the French balcony was less than functional, okay enough to get a breath of air and look around, but not a place to drink coffee in the am. The view from the room and the beach were really, really nice - with complementary beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. The roof top pool, lounge seating and restaurant area are very good - The food for lunch was tasty though the service a bit slow, but okay. I would say the pool seating situation was awkward with only six seats. With three on a side, it was only functional for two couples - some creative rearranging or smaller lounge chairs could help this. We liked the restaurant Zest, okay. There were interesting choices, the presentation was nice, the portions were good, but the food itself wasn't remarkable, nice, but that's about it. The breakfast in Zest was very good. The area was safe and walkable; however there were so many police around to keep interlopers from the beach, they impeded traffic. I wished we'd stayed here longer!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back, hopefully next time it's longer and you can truly experience how much more The WBC and Puerto Rico Beach has to offer!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was our first trip to Puerto Rico so I have no comparison to other hotels on the island. The pros: location right on the beach, very friendly staff, nice view from the roof top bar/restaurant/pool area, good food in the main restaurant, and interesting decor. The cons: small rooms with very limited space to unpack, bathroom area very small and in need of refurbishing, restaurant menu is limited and the plastic chairs not the best to sit in, noisy room air conditioner, and super loud bass from the DJ party on the roof top bar on Thu, Fri, and Sat nights.

I was returning from being at a casino at another hotel and heard this very loud music blasting the neighborhood and realized it was coming from our hotel. Returning to the room the bass when right through the room for a couple more hours.

We rented a car and valet parking was $15 a day. I would assume that is the standard rate for the area since parking is at a premium in the area. We also stayed in early May which is the rainy season. One night we were going to drive to another restaurant, but the only street getting to the hotel flooded. Only high clearance vehicles were able to make it out of the area. The water was so deep it when over the hood of smaller cars.

In general the Isla Verde area seems to an OK area near San Juan with a nice beach. It is somewhat limited in restaurants other than fast food chains and hotel restaurants. There are a couple of other hotels in the area on the beach and a couple just a block from the beach. You might want to check all options for lodging in the area.

We are older than the average guest at the Water and Beach Club so you may want to add that to your reading of this review.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Degrees
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that the location, decor and especially our friendly service exceeded your expectations. Being a boutique property we are small, however we do have different room categories that do have more space; maybe on your next travel plans you can reserve one of our “infinity suite” which is comfortable with a walk-in closet and the most fabulous view. I hope you have a chance to come back and see The WBC again – hopefully it is not the rainy month of May.
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My bff and I had a most fantastic stay at the gorgeous San Juan Water & Beach Club over the Cinco de Mayo weekend (not a PR holiday btw) It is a chic' boutique hotel, with neon blue lights throughout, creating an atmosphere of cool. I love the minimalist Carribean inspired interior design, complete with a waterfall in the elevator and my favorite electronica playing throughout the hotel. The roof top lounge is smokin sexy with tanned bodies grooving to some fresh beats and exterior blue lights which make this hotel an icon on the San Juan skyline at night. So cool...

I hit up some of the other resorts in the area for food, casino's, and club life, and the SJ WBC blew them far out in the Atlantic sea in comparison.

The staff are absolutely phenomenal; the most friendly, unpretencious, accomodating group I've enjoyed meeting...the utmost in proffesionalism with a genuine and warm demeanor to compliment. Simply said, they are there to make your stay as amazing as possible...

When we first got there, we had to deal with a nightmarish situation in which Orbitz totally f*@$*ed up our vacation package and failed to notify the WBC of our rescheduled later reservation! So we found ourselves in another country and battleing with 6 different yet equally useless Orbitz customer service reps for 2 1/2 hrs trying to straighten it out. Then a very kind woman brought us lemon water and told us to go up to our room and we'd settle up later after we had a chance to relax...fortunately, cute Danny in reception was able to hold the very last available room in the hotel for us.He saved us from being homeless in PR on our vacation! Phew!

I truly can't say enough about this place and all of its awesome staff! From the management, reception and concierge to the sweet housekeepers and the beach boys who set up our umbrella and chairs, I felt like royalty.

I can't wait to return as soon as I am able to break free from real life again.... my bff and I are already fantasizing about booking a WBC wedding, and we don't even have rings on our fingers yet ;)

Rachel & Malika

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank dezignstarz
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. It's great to know that the WBC had a lasting experience. I am thrilled we were able to assist you in your “nightmarish situation”. I have already passed along your compliments to Danny and the rest of the team. Thank you for pointing him out specifically. We go above and beyond to ensure positive memories and I am glad we achieve that with you. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!