San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
  • Breakfast included
ESJ Azul(Isla Verde)
$167
  • Pool
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
$93
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
$413
$323
Priceline
  • Beachfront
1,430 results
All reviewsrooftop barblue lightingboutique hotelzest restaurantpopcorn soupsan juandead end streetsmall poolcloset spacechairs and umbrellasocean frontsmall hotelan umbrellagreat drinkspartial ocean viewfood and drinkstrip to puerto rico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

i just returned from a vacation at The San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel and would like to share some information about my 5 day stay.

PROS- The beach is very clean and beautiful. Since the beach is located on the resort strip, the beach is very big. There is staff that particularly monitors the beach, so we had drinks served to us on the beach. Beach chairs, umbrellas and towels were also provided to us by the hotel.There are a variety of water sports available. My girlfriends and I rode the Jet Skis. It was very fun. But keep in mind that there are multiple jet ski companies there so it's best to talk to all the companies and try to negotiate a price. We were able to negotiate with one of the companies and they took $10 off the rate. Secondly, the resort itself is very small and intimate. The staff is very personable with its guests and most of the staff knew all of our names throughout our stay. Thirdly, the rooftop is incredible because it overlooks the beach and there is a good view of the airport.They have an excellent bartender/server there name "Aisha" that was very friendly. The lunch menu is amazing during the day. I recommend the wings! Very tasty! There are also electrical outlets all over the rooftop! So there is no need to go back to your room to charge your phone/ipod etc! In addition to that, there is a 24hr Walgreens across the street from the resorts and plenty of restaurants/bars/nightclubs on the strip for nightly entertainment/grub. Everything on the strip came in very useful! Another pro is, the bedrooms. The layout is lovely and the windows open. The view we had was beautiful. There is also a TV which came in handy to see the news. Lastly, the young lady that handles all the excursions was very nice. She set us up with an all day excursion to go Loquillo Beach, kayaking and to the rainforest. The company that hosts that tour was amazing! The driver was very comical and had the entire bus laughing the entire way. Good times!

Cons- The blue lighting is horrendous. I read a couple of other reviews on here and some people agree that the lighting is quite annoying. We barely spent any time in our hotel rooms so we figured we would still book the hotel anyway because of the other pros on a few reviews. My friend and I turned off the blue lights and left the bathroom light and entrance light on throughout our entire stay. Another issue was the rooftop pool, not only is it small and only holds 5 beach chairs it closes at 8pm. Luckily my friends and I were not too keen on the pool but we did have the pool to ourselves on the first night of our stay. The pool itself is very well maintained and overlooks the beach. The main restaurant on the first floor in the lobby has really bad dinner food. I had chicken with plaintains and some type of european rice. It was absolutely disgusting. I am not sure if that is their daily prefixed menu but we never went back after that horrid experience. A few of my friends had the fish and they enjoyed it but the chicken was not good. But their breakfast is really good! They have continental breakfast with the option to upgrade and add eggs etc etc. We upgraded everyday. I recommend the pancakes! They were soooo good! The only poor experience with the staff that I had was with a lady named "joyleen". She works at the front desk and always had an attitude everyday. One day i returned to my room at about 1PM in the afternoon from the beach and our room still was not cleaned. I called housekeeping but noone answered so I decided to call the front desk and "Joyleen" picked up. I explicitly explained to her that our room still has not been cleaned, we do not have any clean linen and that my group is coming back soon to get showered to head out in about an hour or so. She said that "Room service is from 9-5 mam, we do not know your schedule". So I went off on her and said that is an unacceptable thing to say to a guest that has no clean linen. She said she would talk to the manager. Within minutes housekeeping was there to clean our room. Bottom line is, I had to go off on her before she took it upon herself to consult her manager. Not once did she offer to do that when I got on the phone and explained what was going on. She was rude from the day we got there and then she was rude over the phone and did not seem to care about my concern.

Overall, I had a good experience. I would recommend this resort if you are looking for somewhere quiet and more personable. I think i saw one child in the resort. I think this is more of a couple/singles friendly resort. Leave the kids at home. There is nothing to do with them there. I would not go back to this resort because I want to stay in a different part of puerto rico on my next stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The San Juan Water & Beach Club resort was a great option for us for our weekend getaway. The attention to detail and service made this place really great. We enjoyed sitting out on the beach and having the staff bring us popsicles on the beach. The concierge scheduled a fun snorkeling tour that was a great value ($95 for an all day tour on a sailboat, which included transportation to/from the tour and lunch and rum drinks all day). The location is great as it is right near the airport.

If I had to do it again, I'd say the food options are better in San Juan, but this location was good for us going on our tour. The hotel is kind of like a W hotel and seems to have a bit more of a clubby atmosphere, so keep that in mind when booking. I didn't realize this when I booked, but I stay in W hotels a lot so this was a fun surprise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca1122
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Attention to detail is our secret ingredient in exceeding our guest’s expectation. We are so happy to know that we succeeded that with you. Thank you so much for your kind words, we hope to welcome you back for another great weekend getaway.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great place for a Febrary getaway from the Northeast cold.

Staff is very nice and extremely helpful. Beach is great, and the restuarant and roof bar are also quite good. The view from the roof is fantastic.

The neighborhood is a little bit random (mostly commercial) but a few restaurants and coffee shops and easy access to the basics (drug stores, etc). Takes 25-35 minutes to get into Old San Juan depending on traffic, time of day, bus schedule, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing! We hope you can visit us year after year for more “Great Getaways” to come.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed there April 1-6 The hotel is well kept and staff was friendly. If we had an issue it was corrected that moment. Our sink did not drain and was fixed by the time we came back from being out that day.....the valet guys are a wealth if information...! Rooms where clean and beds turned down nightly. We had no problems and would stay there again....

Room Tip: I called the hotel a week prior to our arrival and upgraded our room to an ocean view for next to nothing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review; the title of your review says it all! We are always humbled and proud to know that we were able to provide great service and and a memorable experience for our guests. Hope to see you again.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I made a walk-in booking based on the entrance ambience and excellent front desk staff. This hotel is directly on the beach at the end of a cul-de-sac, so no through traffic and beautiful views from the front rooms. My room was big, very clean, modern and the bed really comfortable. Robes and toiletries were available, as was a coffee brewing machine and an i-Pod dock. Cool laid-back tunes played throughout the common areas. The rooftop bar and pool area are a must with big sofas and cushions to hang out on. The food was quite average, but I was in a good mood as cocktails were better. For a place to chill, I would recommend a stay here, even if it is a little expensive.

Room Tip: The front rooms have fabulous views, but cost a little more.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. You mentioned several positive notes from your stay. I'm glad to hear that you had a great one! Come back soon.
Warmest regards,