“Only Stayed One Night, Wished it Was Longer” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
“Only Stayed One Night, Wished it Was Longer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a really neat "club" hotel. Def a hotel for couples or singles, not a place for the kids. We only stayed one night on our way to another destination but it was a really cool theme and atmosphere. The staff was very nice and after a long flight we dropped our bags and headed up to the roof for some food and fresh air. We had tapas on the roof, very very yummy and some great drinks!! After 9 the drinks for myself (a female) were free! And it was a good drink too, not some watered down bottled mix. I wish we could have stayed longer and checked out the beach in front but we headed out the next day. I would absolutely go again! Only thing I would change would be to have the ability to not have the blue lights in the room in the evening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you here and we hope you can make it back to The WBC very soon for another stay; only this time longer so you may enjoy the full WBC experience. Make you wishes come true and come back soon!
Yours in hospitality,
Virna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Orange Park, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Beach is right there. Close to San Juan. Very nice staff. Room was clean with an ocean view. Had a comfortable king size bed. Pool on top of the hotel is small so we went in the ocean. Took the local bus to San Juan sights for .75 each. Town shuttle is free around the fort and docks. Also went to Bacardi Rum tour from a ferry at the docks. We enjoyed our room and vacation (3 nights stay).

Room Tip: Lower floors have less noise from the top floor bar and pool.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words, very much appreciated. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Yours in hospitality,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My third time staying at San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel. Still an awesome place to stay!! Came here during my small break from deployment, and after my tour in Iraq! They treated us great. Very friendly customer service. We can walk out and be right at the beach. So relaxing!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
As they say “third time around it’s a charm” the WBC is committed to offering the best stay ever year after year. Hope to welcome you back on your 4th trip.
My best,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I couldn't have asked for a better hotel for my first trip to Puerto Rico! The hotel was literally 10 feet from the beach. The cabana boys were great...they set up chairs & umbrellas on the beach for us every morning (make sure you tip them...they do a great job). Housekeeping did a great job...they cleaned the room twice a day & left chocolates behind! The entire staff was extremely attentive & super nice! I will definitely stay at this hotel again. It was about an 8 minute ride from the airport & 15 minute ride to Old San Juan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned from 4 days at the WBC and we had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and always greeted us when passing. very helpful, knowledgeable and always smiling.

Room:
The room was clean and spacious. There was a lack of drawer/closet space but that didn't affect me at all. The bathroom was small and the lighting could have been better in the bathroom and throughout the room. The half shower door wasn't a big problem but I couldn't understand why the designers didn't think a full door would be better. My room was cleaned daily and every evening housekeeping checked to see if we needed anything and also brought chocolates. We had partial ocean view and a small walk out balcony which was great.

Beach:
As everyone else said the beach is steps away from hotel which is great. The chair & umbrella set up is also a bonus..I also enjoyed the waiter who would take orders from the beach but it was pretty expensive especially since we didn't know about the automatic 15% gratuity. The drinks are expensive throughout the hotel;; on the rooftop, beach, restaurant etc....so I advise you to got to Pueblo grocery store (walking distance) to purchase alcohol its cheaper than Walgreens. Although they did have ladies night which offered free vodka from 9-11 on Friday Night.

Overall
This is a great place to visit as a couple. There is plenty to do and I felt safe when traveling at night. We visited Old San Juan which was great and has great restaurants. The Casino in the El San Juan was great but small. We went to the Italian Restaurant in the El San Juan it was good but overpriced. I didn't visit Zest but i did eat lunch on the beach and the sandwich was pretty good. The hotel is clean and I really don't have any complaints!!!!

I would highly recommend this place and I do plan to go back!!

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and I was able to sleep peacefully but I guess the lower your room the less y...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This boutique hotel is very chic. The staff here are super friendly. The room is a comfortable size but very clean and modern. I would recommend speding a weekend at this hotel if you want to take advantage of their rooftop lounge. They also have a small pool on their rooftop and comfortable lounge sofas with an amazing view of the beach! When on the beach the staff members offer a delicous coconut icy that you should not pass on.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I needed a place to stay while waiting for friends before heading to a resort at Bahia beach. Traveling from Vermont, I also planned on spending the day at the beach. The taxi ride was about 10 minutes, running about $13. Upon arrival I headed up to the rooftop deck for a cocktail and lunch; the bartender was great. The rooftop is beautiful. The pool is small with only a few chairs, but it is still very nice. I was alone the whole day and felt extremely safe.

My only complaint(s) would be when I headed to the beach (just a few steps away from the hotel). I was not greeted with towels, and it took the service staff a good 45 minutes before I could get a drink. Once I spotted the staff (he was talking to another staff), I walked over and asked if I could get service. He said he would send someone over, and 20 minutes later someone came over. And just to be picky here, my room had a popcorn ceiling...just a bit of updating and better service at the beach, and my stay would have been perfect. The beach was amazing. FYI - There is a club upstairs of the hotel, and luckily on Thursday nights the DJ stopped at 11PM, so I was able to get some rest.

I also had dinner on-site at Zest. I started with the popcorn soup (so good in the soup, not so much in my room) and had the mahi mahi - delicious! The following morning I took a long walk through the neighborhood and on the beach, overall it was a great stay and I hope to be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
#24 of 46 in San Juan
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,541 reviews
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!