I was sent to this hotel by American Airlines when our flight was redirected to San Juan. I was a bit apprehensive as I never heard of it before. On arrival it is not very impressive. Once inside it reminds you of a kitschy hotel in South Beach Miami. It is not luxurious and is obviously an old building refurbished. I hated the room I got #601. DO NOT TAKE this room. It is right by the elevators and all night all I could hear is the grating of them going up and down. I could not sleep and I had to be up for 4 a.m. to get to the airport. The room was dark, the bedside lamps did not work and the purple florescent light behind a weird curtain by a wall in the room was like a neon light, a assault on the eyes. Had to turn it off. So out of place in a bedroom. The FOOD??? The menus attempt to be too pretentious and it is impossible to find a decent meal on the room service menu which are from they tapas bar. The restaurant downstairs seemed to have better food, but they are "not allowed" to do room service. Seems like they are trying to be a trendy place and they would do well on South Beach Miami. It just felt a bit out of place in San Juan. Note to self: This is no place for kids. It must be almost impossible to get suitable food for a child at this place. The room was an ok size, bed in a weird position and the floor cold. the bathroom was small and not much storage in the closet. But the staff we really nice and friendly, so that was a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde