“PUERTO RICO - CLASSY EXPERIENCE !”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and myself were very apprehensive as we had never been to Puerto Rico nor this particular hotel and we also are an older couple who actually had never before been on a real vacation. This hotel EXCEEDED ! our expectations and we had an absolutely wonderful experience there. The entire hotel staff were extremely polite and accomodating, the hotel is very, very clean and elegantly decorated. The LOCATION !!!!!! cant beat it....right on the most beautiful beach in Puerto Rico. We will never stay at any other hotel in Puerto Rico and we fully intend to return here as often as we can.

Room Tip: A partial ocean view or a full ocean view are the best/
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel was really nice and the staff was very friendly. Only complaint I can think of is the shower head is kinda low for us tall people, and cannot be adjusted. We really enjoyed our stay. The proximity to the beach is awesome, and the rooftop lounge was cool too.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel is definitely not your mom & pop family hotel...it's for the cool & down to earth kind of traveler. The hotel has a MIAMI appeal but much BETTER service. The location is great due to the fact that you can find various restaurants, stores, and the beach is all within walking distance. The atmosphere of the hotel is very sexy if you know what sexy looks and feels like. The rooms are nice, clean, and spacious. Free wi-fi is always a plus when traveling. The rooftop lounge is a perfect spot to coolout with a drink and take in the sights. Although you are in Puerto Rico the hotel restaurant menu doesn't really reflect that...it's geared more for the FOO-FOO food eater (but thank goodness you can walk either direction and get a hearty meal).

Over all the San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel is worth the money...just having the beach at your front door makes it all GOOD.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank BrothaAbroad
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am not one to write reviews, but I really felt the need to here. I have stayed at many bad hotels in my day & very nice ones but this one was over the top exceptional!
My boyfriend and I stayed here Aug 11-15 & loved every minute of it. The staff was beyond nice to us, did everything they could to make us feel at home. Valerie ( i think/hope that is her name), was soooo nice & helped us out about thee area, she was a sweet heart!!! The location of this hotel & so much better then any other hotel. You are 10 steps away from the beach! Once at the beach, someone sets up chairs & an umbrella for you & provides towels. Compared to the other hotels, we had the best chairs! During the afternoon, girls from the restaurant @ the hotel walk around and ask you would you like a drink or food. This was perfect! We were on vacation so we took advantage of every minute of this service!
Every night after we were done venturing San Juan, we would relax on the roof top..the pool is small but you have a beautiful ocean 10 steps away, why do you need a pool? We watched sunsets up there and it was just absolutely perfect!
The concierge helped us choose what to do, she advised us to go snorkeling, which turned out to be the highlight of our trip. Everybody who works there are very knowledgable on the area, and the best places to eat. The minute we would return back to the hotel, they were all asking us how was it...I would return there in a heart beat!
Our room was very clean& the ocean front view was breath taking. They have a pretty decent check out time, 12... we asked for an extension because our flight was leaving late, and they gave it to us nor problem!
Only thing I would change is the white seats up on the roof, they get dirty easily.. but other than that, this place was perfect!

Room Tip: We heard an older couple complain about the music coming from the roof top, on Saturday night. They...
1  Thank roisinhay
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We only had the opportunity to stay at the property two days but they were the best two days of our vacation! At first my husband was a little skeptical because it is a boutique hotel and we had our kids with us (ages 14 and 13) but they loved it. The staff was so friendly and helpful and assisted us whenever we needed them. The kids loved the "blue atmosphere" of the property and my husband loved the rooftop bar! We were really sad to leave but will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I went down to PR to celebrate our anniversary. Having lived in PR before, we just wanted to be tourist this time around. This hotel made all the difference in the world.

The service was fantastic. We were planning to take a nap, but happened to go check out the bar upstairs. It was only noon, so hardly anyone was there. The bartender (wonderful, wonderful Aisha) made us some of the best drinks we've had in a while (especially welcome for getting off such a long flight). If she's there, please ask her for her Rum Island Iced Tea. No one else will make it like her. Fantastic.

The housekeeping was equally spectacular. Though they were punctual, we never felt like getting up on time. So most days (we stayed a week), we would have to call down after noon and ask if it would be ok if housekeeping could come back up to us. After a while, the she just expected this and knew our routine (we left a small tip daily for the trouble). This was only ever an issue one day where we had to call back down several times (they eventually still sent someone up even though it was much later in the evening).

All of the tour guide activities (rainforest, bioluminescent bay, etc.) that we looked into were familiar with the hotel (even though it is small), and were willing to pick us up from there. So, between the nightlife at the hotel itself, the nightlife all down Isle Verde Ave., and the tours picking us up, there was really no need for a car (buses and taxi's run often to Old San Juan if you like though).

The beach was never crowded, and the (really nice) service there was unexpected, but welcome. They had an employee to bring out chairs, umbrellas, and towels should you need either. It was mostly couples there, we would often run into the same people all the time. Felt good to see the familiar faces around Isle Verde.

The rooms are quaint, but the neon lights were right up our alley for a cool feel and relaxed ambiance. The restaurants and bars onsite are expensive though. So, with the exception of our favorite bartenders, we would sometimes save a few bucks with our own bottle of wine, picked up from the Walgreens across the street. The feel of the room was great for that quiet time with a glass and an awesome view of the beach.

Room Tip: The partial-ocean rooms provided great view of beach and ocean. With the longer floor-to-ceiling wi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Regigi
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I didn't read a lot of the reviews here- I just saw there were a few hundred and the hotel got 4 stars (and there wasn't anything incredibly negative on the first page of reviews)... so, pardon me for [most likely] repeating what others have said. I was tasked to find an oceanfront room WITH a balcony (hopefully in Isla Verde) with availability for a Sunday check-in (and this was on Thursday!) And, I was trying to stay near $200/night. Using Google Satellite Maps, I saw a bunch of hotels with almost no beach, so I avoided them. We (my girlfriend was going) also prefer smaller boutique hotels, when possible. Well, I feel like we really lucked-out with the Water and Beach Club. The room was exactly what we wanted (right on the beach with a balcony), the hotel was kept nice and clean, and the staff were over-the-top friendly. Free beach chairs and towels (and not the crappy chairs we saw a lot of other hotels using), and drink service on the beach was nice (we only used it once, though). As we walked the beach, we decided we had the best spot in Isla Verde (I can't imagine staying at the Embassy Suites and having to walk that far every time we wanted to go in the ocean). Lots of sand, not many people (granted, it was off-season [August]), no rocks to deal with, like on either end of Isla Verde, and decent little waves which kept things fun.
The only negatives I found with the hotel were minor (for me)... the pool was an afterthought. Yeah, it's on the roof, so the view is cool. But, it's so small I wouldn't bother using it. No matter, because we spent hours in the ocean every day. The only other thing was the ice machine had crushed ice (I told you this was minor)... I was too cheap to pay for a 'fridge, so I was constantly getting ice to keep drinks cold. Crushed ice melts faster than cubes. Again, no big deal.
The blue lighting in the hotel was different, and kinda cool. The rooftop bar was nice to have, but we only went one night. I imagine it gets pretty packed in-season (but, I preferred it with only a few people).
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in San Juan or Isla Verde- I don't think we could have found a better place, and it really added to our enjoyment of the island.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and see if you can get a deal- I have never tried this before, but it worked incredib...
7  Thank broadwayron
CasaBlanca Hotel
#5 of 47 in San Juan
1 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!