My wife and I went down to PR to celebrate our anniversary. Having lived in PR before, we just wanted to be tourist this time around. This hotel made all the difference in the world.
The service was fantastic. We were planning to take a nap, but happened to go check out the bar upstairs. It was only noon, so hardly anyone was there. The bartender (wonderful, wonderful Aisha) made us some of the best drinks we've had in a while (especially welcome for getting off such a long flight). If she's there, please ask her for her Rum Island Iced Tea. No one else will make it like her. Fantastic.
The housekeeping was equally spectacular. Though they were punctual, we never felt like getting up on time. So most days (we stayed a week), we would have to call down after noon and ask if it would be ok if housekeeping could come back up to us. After a while, the she just expected this and knew our routine (we left a small tip daily for the trouble). This was only ever an issue one day where we had to call back down several times (they eventually still sent someone up even though it was much later in the evening).
All of the tour guide activities (rainforest, bioluminescent bay, etc.) that we looked into were familiar with the hotel (even though it is small), and were willing to pick us up from there. So, between the nightlife at the hotel itself, the nightlife all down Isle Verde Ave., and the tours picking us up, there was really no need for a car (buses and taxi's run often to Old San Juan if you like though).
The beach was never crowded, and the (really nice) service there was unexpected, but welcome. They had an employee to bring out chairs, umbrellas, and towels should you need either. It was mostly couples there, we would often run into the same people all the time. Felt good to see the familiar faces around Isle Verde.
The rooms are quaint, but the neon lights were right up our alley for a cool feel and relaxed ambiance. The restaurants and bars onsite are expensive though. So, with the exception of our favorite bartenders, we would sometimes save a few bucks with our own bottle of wine, picked up from the Walgreens across the street. The feel of the room was great for that quiet time with a glass and an awesome view of the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel, a unique boutique property just steps from one of Puerto Rico’s hottest beaches – Isla Verde Beach, the ultimate playground for grownups. The perfect combination of comfort and style, 80 guest rooms including stunning suites feature ocean front views, partial ocean views, and city views. Renowned as the hot spot for local residents and tourists, MIST ROOFTOP Bar+Kitchen provides a unique rooftop experience for relaxing with friends and enjoying appetizing casual food and refreshing cocktails – all complemented by soothing lounge beats, fresh ocean air and breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. ZEST Restaurant, where community, culture and local flavors mix with a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate Puerto Rican cuisine. A warm, vibrant decor combining the elements—earth, wind, fire and water— creates a sociable ambiance where you can enjoy delicious culinary delights and a creative selection of well-crafted cocktails and wines. Also known as the Water Club, The San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel is located in the city’s stylish Isla Verde, five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, and just 15 minutes away from the cruise docks, business district and the famous Old San Juan. For business travelers and small groups they offer an intimate venue for up to 120 guests reception style, an elegant boardroom, an ocean front business center, and a 24-hour front desk service. In addition, the San Juan Water and Beach Club Hotel boasts some of San Juan’s most beautiful beachfront and newest dining options. The Water Club was recently voted #4 on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Caribbean. It was also the recipient of the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. The hotel is the latest addition to Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality’s growing resort division. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Water And Beach Club Hotel
- San Juan Water Beach Hotel
- San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel Puerto Rico/Isla Verde