“the worst hotel in isla verde Puerto Rico”

Hotel Villa del Sol
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Miami
“the worst hotel in isla verde Puerto Rico”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

the worst hotel I Have Been. I do not recommend it. to start in the bathroom there was pressure water for bathing. had to use the ice bucket to fill with water and that is how we were able to take a bath. we went to the lobby and told the lady in charge that there was no pressure of water and also that there was no cold water only hot. she gave us a lame story. the carpet in the room was too dirty. the beds were supposedly queen but were actually full.the next day we told another person in the lobby of the water problem and she told us that the pressure of the water is like that in that area. another hotel employee hear what they told us he was surprise saying no with his head. I do not recommend very expensive and very poor service

5 Thank Arelis A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is a small, beautiful, and a block from the most beautiful beach that offers Jet skiing for rent. Not your average hotel, but the staff Maria, Mary, Walter, and even the owner are very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is clean and well kept and everyone is very helpful and welcoming. I even got recommendations from Maria and Mary about where to get home made traditional Puerto Rican dishes like bacalaitos, crunchy cod fritters; surullitos, sweet plump cornmeal fingers; and empanadillas, crescent-shaped turnovers filled with lobster, crab, conch, or beef. All this on my first visit.

My Second visit to the hotel, they greeted me by name and took my bag to my room, which the upgraded. The air conditioner both times cooled the rooms quickly and I was able to relax and get ready for dinner again at the restaurant they had recommended and this time I had the sopón de pescado (fish soup) and ohhh my it was wonderful.

With such wonderful hospitality, I don't need a five star hotel. I have found the place for me to stay whenever I am in Puerto Rico. Thanks for making my stays a wonderful experience Hotel Villa del Sol staff. I will be back soon to see you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank MaryCMD
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

THANK YOU Walter, Maria, Nydia,Dominic and other staff members. We came upon this beautiful, quaint,small family oriented hotel by accident. Our family is from the island but do to my husbands disability we were unable to accept open invitations from family members for lodging. We decided to stayed at the hotel upon arrival for one night to think over the situation. We were so satisfied with the room and service that we decided that we would book for an additional four days immediatly. Deciding factors were clean, friendly, great food at affordable prices (thanks Dominic) location to the beach and airport, the pool area was kept clean at all times too. We will most definately stay at Villa Del Sol again and recommed it to family and friends. Myrna

Room Tip: handicap accessable room very spacious, the bathroom is huge, corner of first floor but very quiet
5 Thank Myrna M
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at Hotel Villa del Sol in San Juan, PR. The front desk clerks, Maria and Walter, are very pleasant and hospitable people. The rooms were absolutely spotless. The tiles in the bathroom shined. Breakfast and coffee really get your day off to a nice start. Weather did not cooperate for our trip to The Rain Forest but we enjoyed stay over the beach that is walking distance. Car Rental on site. Good hotel, good location, good value. This was our second time in Puerto Rico and first staying here and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. A very pleasant experience!

4 Thank Marla992
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had been staying in Culebra Island and needed a place to stay near the airport the night before our return home. I checked trip advisor for options and landed on this hotel, looked nice and was close to the airport- not our best choice. I called the restaurant and was told there were vacancies and we could secure the stay for $116. I checked on booking.com and got the same reservation for $106. When we arrived at the hotel there was no parking available, I spoke with Mari at the hotel who said they only have limited parking on the side of the hotel, but it was full and that we could park across the street for $8 dollars a night- disappointing. Mari was non-apologetic about the inconvenience. We just needed a few hours of sleep, so we parked and went in. The room was small, awkward and the carpet felt gross on your feet. We stayed in room 102 which clearly was in need of upkeep. The towels in the bathroom were only 2 small bath size, white, very thin and dingy from having washed too many times. We were asked to pay a $20 dollar deposit for the key and remote control to the TV. There was a small refrigerator in the entrance if our room. The bed had very thin sheets on and when you layer on it you could hear and feel that the mattress was wrapped in plastic! We just layer on top of the sheets and closed our eyes, until the room trembled- you can feel every plane that flys over the room.

Room Tip: Room 102 is not a good choice, can't imagine the other rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Maria B

Travelers are raving about these Isla Verde hotels

Long Island, NY
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After deciding we need a hotel for just one more afternoon before out very late night flight we checked with the hotel we staying at (beautiful place nearby) and were disappointed they were all booked. I decided to book here for 1 night knowing that we just needed a place to relax and to shower before our flight. A total waste of money! The room was gross! It smelled terrible. It was musty, moldy and it seemed as though somebody sprayed something to try to cover it up. I was so thankful that this was not the hotel we booked for our vacation. I can not tell you how disgusting the smell was. In addition the wifi did not work in the room. I would never go back and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Lastly, I was not happy that the woman at the front desk made photo copies of both my drivers license and my credit card. I asked her to shred them in front of me when we were leaving and she refused. I am in no way comfortable with this place having my personal information on hand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pam p
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had an amazing experience at this hotel with my friends. Upon arrival, we were welcomed by a outstanding gentleman named Walter, who treated us like queens. Thanks Walter!!!

This hotel has a great location, very cozy and clean, and very welcoming staff. Will most definitely stay here again!

And for those who are complaining about the smoking, I personally stayed there all weekend and not once did I see any employees smoking. I'm a smoker myself and frequently went outside to smoke. IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. It is legal after all, and if us outside, it shouldn't bother anybody. Don't be selfish.

• Stayed July 2013