“Nightmare from hell!!!”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Chicago, Illinois
“Nightmare from hell!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2004

Our experience with Hotel Villa del Sol was absolutely a nightmare from hell. The first night we found out that my pillowcase had blood stains.
Then our toilet flooded the following day. We did not receive new towels 2 nights in a row...despite many visits to the front desk to ask for towels. Our fourth night the toilet flooded again. We reported it, once again, to the front desk and they just dried the floor and left.
No apologies!! No nothing! And of course, our sixth and last night the toilet flooded one more time. But this time with more impetus and got some of our clothes wet. We once again visited the front desk. But since the incident happened after hours we had to wait until someone could come in and clean it. The manager came in and they just cleaned the floor. I demanded a new room!!! The manager gave us a room on the 3rd floor (no elevator!!) and didn't even bother to help us with our luggage or even apologize for the great inconvenience that this caused.
Oh! Before I forget, I asked for an extra bed at the front desk and after paying for it, they told they'd bring it in. Two hours later I had not received my extra bed. I went to the front desk and the worker asked me to "go and pick it up myself from the storage room". Lastly, they charged a service fee when we checked out, I assume because of the toilet!! Anyway, this may all seem unbelievable, but it's true! Please don't make the mistake of staying at this hotel. For $92 a night you could find something better. Don't do it!!!!

3 Thank ilaureb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Travelers also viewed these Isla Verde hotels
#10 of 13 in Isla Verde
ESJ Azul
ESJ Azul
#11 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Hotel Villa del Sol? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Villa del Sol

Property: Hotel Villa del Sol
Address: 4 Rosa Street, Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico
Location: Caribbean > Puerto Rico > Carolina > Isla Verde
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Villa del Sol 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Villa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Del Sol