2,731 results
All reviewsoutback steakhousehappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionsan juanchips and salsafree drinksliving roomclose to the airportmanagers receptiontwo blocksomeletcomplimentary breakfastcocktail hourshort walk to the beachrum punchel patio
Reviewed January 21, 2006

We thought the hotel looked pretty (atrium courtyard and pool areas)and the happy hour was fun, breakfast good.
However, when we arrived they were doing some kind of work on the tile in the lobby, with jack-hammering noise that was awful. It started up again the next morning early too.
We'd reserved a room with a king sized bed, non-smoking, and were told that's what we were being sent to, but after tipping the bell-boy, we discovered we'd been deposited at a room with 2 double beds instead. We called and were told we could come back in an hour and a half & a room would be ready. When we got back they had us in a room that had just had new carpet installed that day, and boy did it stink! I felt like I could hardly breathe, and had to prop our door open. Luckily, the next day the smell had pretty much gone. But there were no windows you could open to remove the smell. And to make matters worse, the thermostat was not adjustable. It was 65 degrees in the room when we got there (a shock after the delightful 78-81 degrees approximently of outdoors), and when we tried to jack it up to 76 degrees (by lowering the air conditioning) it would not budge above 71 degrees. I had to wear a sweater in my room! They sent an engineer but he couldn't fix it. Our phones didn't work either, but he was able to fix one of the two. It was nice having a safe in the room, but you have to go downstairs & ask for a key, rather than just assigning a combination like some.... And if you forget to turn it in when you check out, it costs you $85. Has a small refrigerator, coffee maker & microwave. Only coffee cups though, no other dishes. The noise at night from the band is loud, even as late as midnight or after. The band did play nice music though, but it would be hard with people trying to get their kids to sleep! The sofabed was the lumpiest & most uncomfortable one my son has ever slept on, and he has slept on many. Our bed was fine, but the spread smelled (or was it the drapes nearby) like stale cigarettes, even though it was a "nonsmoking" room. It was a nice beach about 2 blocks away, but not good for snorkeling or sailing: too rough of water. The Holiday Inn next door rented us a (Dollar Rent a Car) car for $38/day plus gas, but is only open something like 8 or 9 to 5pm, & no one else can give you any info. The map they give you is painfully inadequate for finding your way to El Yunque rain forest. Many turnoffs say an intersection is coming up, but when you get there, it's labeled with a different highway number. Or no number. And there are lots of highways that you won't even find on the map! It's really a challenge. Took over an hour to get to & from the rainforest due to minor getting lost episodes. It's worth going to however. The water at the falls was supposedly cold but people were still going in. Holiday Inn has a nice restaurant or two next door,and no waiting. The Outback in the Embassy Suites was good, but more money and a longer wait by far. There was a pool bar, but no one seemed to man it so it wasn't used. We had to leave to catch a plane at 5:30am but were able to grab a piece of fruit and yoghurts to take with us for breakfast despite them not yet being open for breakfast. Had muffins or something available too. Bring a nightlight because the bathroom is dark at night. I'd reserved a room for $305 per night online, but at checkout they were charging me $359, so I had to try to go online in the business center to print out my confirmation to prove my rate. They ended up honoring the $305. I think next time I might try the Hampton Inn & Suites a couple of blocks further down the street for only $215 or $220 instead for the quieter atmosphere. I saw the outside & it looked better than its pictures, but didn't get to see the pool or anything. It had a buffet breakfast included (Embassy had same but with cook-to-order so you could order pancakes or eggs over easy)and Hampton didn't have a happy hour I don't think. But a lot cheaper, and people seem to review it well. Embassy's casino seemed a bit dreary. When you walk into the Embassy you are hit with cold air and a stale cigaretty smell. Ugh. Holiday Inn is even colder to walk into! Incredibly cold!!! The bus for 75 cents each requires quarters, not a $1 bill and 2 quarters for 2 people, to get to Old Town San Juan. It's the last stop, by the way, at the bus terminal, where you get off. El Morro is very cool to explore, and the city itself is clean and interesting architecture. The free trolleys loop around. You press a yellow bar between the windows to signal you want to stop. No where to rent small sailboats in the whole area!

• Stayed: January 2006
16  Thank PRB-SantaBarbara
Reviewed January 8, 2006

We stayed here one night last Jan 3rd. The service was great, staff was friendly and very helpful. Food at the Grill restaurant was very good. There is an Outback restaurant on site,and also a casino. The room was clean and comfortable, though the carpet had few stains. Not at the beach, but not far either, like a 15 minutes walk. We could stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank laislapr
Reviewed December 27, 2005

This is my 4th stay at this hotel since I travel to San Juan for business and I have enjoyed all of my visits. The staff is very courteous, clean rooms, great drinks, decent food, live entertainment (which is really great), close to the beach (about 2 1/2 blocks), and close to many restaurants. It's family friendly also. I am very picky about where I stay and for me to keep coming back it has be pretty good. They also have a business center (2 pcs, 2 printers, and a copy machine) that is for guest use and it is free. Wireless internet access is available for a charge of 9.95 a night.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank klomb4
Reviewed December 26, 2005

I just returned from my honeymoon at the Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel. I loved it! The two room suite was beautiful, the free breakfast buffet was great, the free happy hour was excellent! The staff was friendly and always cleaning. It was in a great location, just a block from the beach and busline. They could book tours for you. I didn't want to leave!!!!

4  Thank Discover36776
Reviewed December 24, 2005

My son and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in mid December. We arrived very early in the morning and our room was waiting for us which we were thankful for since we had a long flight. The Embassy Suites is a great hotel for families, since they offer a free buffet breakfast. The rooms are nice and large, and our room was clean. TV worked ....all was ok The hotel does have a small casino for those who like to gamble. There is also a happy hour, and a nice resturant on site..Outback Steak House??I think??.
There are two computers for e-mail or internet service. At this hotel, I think the only draw back for me is that the hotel is a little to far from the ocean. You have to walk several blocks to get to the main street which is Isa Verde. I think parking at the hotel is $16.00 per day. When we were there, we had to walk over to the InterContinental Hotel which is a beautiful hotel on the beach to pick up a tour. By the way there is a nice Holiday Inn in this same area.

• Stayed: December 2005