2,731 results
All reviewsoutback steakhousehappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionsan juanchips and salsafree drinksliving roomclose to the airportmanagers receptiontwo blocksomeletcomplimentary breakfastcocktail hourshort walk to the beachrum punchel patio
Reviewed November 23, 2005

The hotel has a small casino with live music on the weekends. They have free daily breakfast and cocktail hour which includes chip and salsa. The hotel is 2 blocks from the A5 public bus stop which will take you to old san jaun for 75 cents. It is also 2 blocks away from Pueblo's grocery store, the beach and fast-food chains. The room at the hotel provide refrig and microwave, and the bathroom was definately designed for a woman. The service was okay- some really friendly, some not so much. The excersise room was in decent and well maintained (and free). Over-all I was pretty happy with the hotel and would recommend it.

Stayed: November 2005
13  Thank Tour20048
Reviewed November 21, 2005

A friend and I stayed here October 27 to 29. It is an excellent hotel. The atrium is very impressive. The elevator design is geometric/industrial rather than opulent, but they are good elevators with glass wall views as one ascends to the rooms. The suites had aging, slightly dowdy furnishings, but the rooms were quite comfortable and spacious. The shower-tub could use a clothesline, but that is a minor quibble. The happy hour is a pleasant plus with very good drinks. The breakfast is also very good. My friend, Dick, enjoyed the casino and found the rules for blackjack highly favorable in part because of the ability to surrender. He was up $100+ after two nights.

The wonderful pool is by a freeway, but it is largely screened by dense palms and the waterfall provides white noise to hush the traffic.

The staff bends over backward to provide top-notch service. The fitness center is small, but adequate and a nice retreat.

It is a straight two block walk to the magnificent Isla Verde beach. It is a one block walk to reasonable shops and a variety of restaurants. The Carolina/Isla Verde area is a very nice area.

We rented a car at the adjacent Holiday Inn (Less than $38 total plus $14.75 for gas). I found the other drivers to be laid back and cortez/simpatico. We drove all over the city and old San Juan. Dick could not walk much. We drove to El Yunque and as far up as we could go by car and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

It is a very short taxi ride to the airport.

11  Thank pointpetre
Reviewed November 15, 2005

We were three couples who were only staying 1 night in San Juan as we flew to St. Lucia the next day. I had reserved a 2 bedroom suite for our purposes and had expected 1 whole suite. Instead we had two adjacent rooms with 3 beds. Upon arrival to our rooms, one of the two had not been cleaned and the shower curtain was sitting out on the bed.

The beds were extremely uncomfortable we thought.

The casino was very small and did not have many dealers so it was hard to get on a table even though there weren't even many people there.

The free breakfast in the morning was good. We did enjoy it quite a bit.

They were in the process of remodeling (painting I think) so the hotel did look a little old and rundown but will improve I suspect.

In my opinion, it wasn't worth the near $400 we paid for the room(s). I thought it would be nicer than this.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank Oscaroni
Reviewed October 28, 2005

we stay here in augest 2004 beforwe and after the the cruise the hotel didnt
TELL THAT THE HOT TUB WAS BROKEN I LOVED HEARING THE AIRPORT NEARBY we liked the outbacksteakhouse but before our cruise it was slow there the pool was great was warm and i liked the waterfalls plus i liked the gift
shop

Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank bookmark
Reviewed September 19, 2005

My Family and I stayed at Embassy hotel San Juan from July 25th till Aug 4th of this year and we liked it very much.
My teeneage daughter could chat with her friends everyday and my 4 year old could play games at the computer and walk around safely. We enjoyed the pool and the 2 hour free drinks every day. From the location we could go everywhere. The rooms are good,but perhaps with a little change it can be better.
My husband liked the bar and the music very much
The breakfast was very good and very convenient because you can take everything you want to your room.
What we liked very much was the employees at the frontdesk. They did everything we asked them and they made calls for us, very nice.

Next time we visit Puerto Rico we want to tay at Embassy again.

• Stayed: July 2005