“Friendly attentive staff!”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Lakeville, United States
“Friendly attentive staff!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for Valentine's Day weekend and enjoyed our stay! The staff was great and the location was convenient to the beach. The breakfast gave us a great start to the day. There is a little gift shop near the pool that has good prices on the souvenirs if you forget to buy them during your stay and there is a laundry room you can use to do your laundry before you return home so you don't have to do the laundry when you get back! That was nice because we could lay by the pool and get our clothes washed with a nice tropical drink in our hands!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Thomas T:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time and that our team members exceeded your expectations.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Aixa Berrios
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just came back from San Juan, Puerto Rico after a wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites. To start things off we arrived before the check-in time of 4pm, but the day was so beautiful we left our bags and went for lunch. When we got back to the hotel about 3pm only 1 room was ready at that time. Our second room was not ready til after 4pm but guest services was so nice they gave us a 18% discount for that room. Only for that day.

Our rooms where great. Well cleaned and maintained. The only thing was the A/C seemed to shut off or stop working in the middle of the night. It was weird and we couldnt figure that out. Breakfast was included everyday and it was a full service breakfast. Not just bagels and coffee. They had a chef making eggs to order. The time I think is between 6:30am - 9:30am.

In the evening between 5:30 - 7:30 the have free drinks, chips and popcorn. The Casino is small but lots of bigger ones in walking distance. You have plenty of places to eat right down the block from the hotel and the beach is about 2 blocks away.

In general the Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would stay again on my next trip to PR.

1 Thank cynthiao715
East Coast
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was advised prior to arrival that a rollaway was noted for my room. Upon arriving, front desk clerk advised that rollaway was not a guarantee and that I'd have to wait until she talked to Management who were in a meeting. That answer didn't agree with this Diamond member, so asked to see Front Desk Manager who then advised that there are no rollaways at this property! What?!? Don't know how or why there was such a disconnect, but when I complained about having 5 in the room and no rollaway was not acceptable, she upgraded me to a 2-room suite that suited our needs perfectly. Really appreciated the recovery, that scenario is a nightmare for traveling families visiting for a foreign area.

Subsequently spoke to the GM who was very nice and knowledgable, advised her of the issue so it wouldn't happen to anyone else.

There were no lines to speak of (Wed night) for happy hour, and none the next day for breakfast. Bartenders at happy hour were very engaging, great personalities, and made good drinks. Hotel was quiet, got good sleep, was a pleasant experience. Pool is nice, they have a bar outside where you can also get drinks. Outback steakhouse inside was a nice known place to eat where we didn't have to venture out. Casino just ok, didn't partake.

Improvement suggestion: streamline the parking procedure. I shouldn't have to wait in line to check-in, go park, then get back in the check-in line to get a parking card.

1 Thank SilverandBlackAttack
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hotel is definitely showing signs of aging. Hotel furnishings are dated and in need of an upgrade. Hotel casino is not all that. Casino Staff looks a little lower end. Perhaps since they don't have a real Casino uniform it gives this appearance. Food at the Casino/Lobby bar is great.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I visited San Juan in November 2013. Upon arrival, I got a cab to take me to this hotel. Even though it`s only a 5 minute drive, the cab driver charged me $35.00. When i checked in, the hotel employee asked me what the cab fare was. I told her and she said that they were not supposed to charge that much because they have a contract with the cab service to charge $11.00 from the airport to this hotel. The taxis in San Juan have NO METERS, so they can charge you whatever they want, so beware of this fact. It cost me $75.00 just to go to the movie theater on afternoon. San Juan is very cosmopolitan, so it`s spread out like a huge metropolis. I recommend renting a car. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, the suites were clean and spacious and the cooked to order breakfast is excellent. This was just a 5 day "get away" for me and I found the hotel to be quite busy, but also pleasant and relaxing, as well as casual dress. The pool was great. I didn`t even go to the beach as the pool was not at all crowded and it was relaxing. The hotel staff are very courteous and professional. On the day I was supposed to check out, my back went out because of previous severe car accident. I could not even walk due to spasms. This hotel went above and beyond expectations. They called the ambulance, and also called American Airlines and got my ticket changed for free. I was in the hospital two days and was released. The hotel staff even went so far as to bring my personal belongings and luggage to the hospital. What a terrific hotel !!! I highly recommend this hotel. I would most definately stay here again. Thank you embassy suites !!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you want a great place to stay with family & friends ,the money is worth it. Will definitly stay again. Rooms are just perfect, service excelent. Casino well needs to improve tables limits its too low. Pool area is really nice. It was a mini vacation to remember.

Room Tip: The best are the two doble beds suites it has two room in the living room there is a sofa bed so it...
1 Thank Tanyii D
Ponce, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you want a great place to stay with family & friends this is perfect the money is worth it. Will definitly stay again.Check in was quick. Service: everyone was willing to help with any of our needs. Casino is nice however limits to play on tables are to low. But over all it was a great weekend with the family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
#19 of 48 in San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!