Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Clermont, Falkland Islands
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very dissapointed with poor customer service for goverment employees. I had problems with reservation accuracy and no one really help me. The service in terms of cleanliness was GREAT and the staff was good too. Just poor customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Samantha C:

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with some of our staff did not help you more with your reservation and that there seemed to be some inaccuracies. This is totally unacceptable and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first visit to Puerto Rico, and the property was nice. The staff were very friendly, cheerful and willing to help. The made-to-order breakfasts were a good way to start my days, and the evening receptions were a great way to relax before heading out for dinner. It was just a short walk to a very nice, clean beach, but unfortunately the sunny mornings (when I was headed to work) gave way each day to damp/rainy skies by afternoon each day, although I did find a break in the rain on a Sunday afternoon to get in a lovely beach walk. The pool and jacuzzi looked nice, although I did not try them. A colleague used the fitness room and said it was good.

I am wondering about the various paintings in each room that seem to feature a little boy or very small man in white BVDs. Although often the same except for slightly different color schemes, the painting were signed and numbered by an artist. They were a subject of happy hour discussion between my colleagues and I. :)

Room Tip: I was in 439...near the elevator but still quiet. View was toward the water, which was nice. A coll...
Miami, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room was clean but it smelled of bleach, it didn't help that the A/C wasn't working well either; the room was always muggy and warm, never got cold. I traveled with my boss and his room wasn't any better. Its nearby the airport, breakfast was great, the free wi-fi was good and abundant. My view was the parking garage and my boss' view was of SJU's runway. Didn't get a chance to use the gym this time and didn't go in the Casino either Not horrible but not the best either, good value for what we paid, I just wouldn't see myself staying here with friends or family for leisure; booking early can get you the same rate at the Caribe Hilton; minus the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Dear Rene F:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am however very sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I sincerely apologize if you experienced some maintenance issues including the A/C unit in your room not working properly and your room feeling somewhat muggy. I thank you for bringing this issues to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our maintenance crew. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue be resolved. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed four nights in two separate weeks. Great location close to the airport and beach. Saved over 60% on total price compared to other years were I've stayed two blocks from there and really paid for the beach behind the Hotel. Full service breakfast in the morning and complimentary drinks in the evening. Other Hotels did not offer anything. Will recommend and stay again in the future. Ask for Melvin at the front desk. Excellent host...

Room Tip: Beach is only two blocks away. Saved over 60% compared to Hotels on the beach. Walk-in reservation w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edgard B
chesapeake,va, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The facilities and amenities were excellent. Including the free 2 hour happy hour with hard liquor and beer. The worst thing was the temperature in the room. The thermostat is pre-set and cannot be adjusted. Nighttimes it gets hot and you wake up sweating only to have the A/C kcik in and have to cover. Repeat process every 30 minutes. Other than that, great place if you can tolerate sleepless nights.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed at this location numerous times, each time I am welcomed and treated like person who matters. Close to airport & walking distance to beach. Everyone at the front desk is courteous, helpful & easy to talk to. Free Breakfast offers a great assortment of foods and the area is spotless. Pool area is resort like. A+ Hotel.

1 Thank Kirk D
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great location in relation to the airport, but was host to urban fiesta ratchetness for Memorial Day 2014. Was there for a bachelor party, so we didn't really care, but could see how that could play into a less-than-favorable experience for traveling families. Hotel staff were great, but would certainly suggest researching ahead of time for such activities and considering how that might impact the quality of your trip. No quarrel with the hotel or the rooms. Great value for price, but certainly lots of activities going on here with close proximity to airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Otheezy:

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was glad to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient and that our staff was great. I am so sorry if some of guests were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. . I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
#19 of 48 in San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!