Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Houston, Texas
“Long lines”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel had the longest check-in lines of any I've ever experienced. They need to add staff and computer capacity. Their manager's reception and breakfast lines were also quite long. There was a senior prom booked the night we were there, so it was noisey. The hotel is conveniently located close to Walgreens, fast food and a nice beach (several blocks away). The one bedroom suite was average for an Embassy Suites. I liked the fact that there was an Outback Steakhouse onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to the main bank of elevators facing the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank irwinjosephneil
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello irwinjosephneil:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your last visit. I was disappointed to read from your review that you experienced a long check-in and that you found our hotel to be too noisy. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I can assure you that I will take your suggestions into consideration to improve our property. Our guest feedback is incredibly important as it provides us an opportunity to attend to areas that need our attention.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel in a 2 BR suite. Rooms were fair, lobby is very attractive, pool area is nice but not relaxing due to being right beside the highway and planes directly overhead. Easy walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. Casino was good-sized. Staff was very friendly throughout the hotel. Breakfast and managers reception were good but especially on the weekend became very crowded with long lines but the offerings were very good. Be advised that the towels and chairs at the beach are only available until 5pm so if you are heading there in late afternoon, take towels from the hotel.
There were some very nice families staying there from withing PR but the majority of guests when we stayed were southern ghetto. This was a big turnoff for me. And, as this is a Hilton property, our billing got screwed up as usual with the charges being put on the wrong card, despite several conversations regarding this issue at check-in. My husband liked this place and wants to stay again but I say no way.

1 Thank ClaraWeekly
raleigh
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location for a week long family vacation. Easy access to El Yunque, day trips to Fajardo and Luquillo, easy drive to Old San Juan. The beach in Isla Verde is beautiful and an easy and safe 5 minute walk from the hotel. Grocery store and American chain restaurants close walk too (a plus for kids- not many other restaurants in Isla Verde to recommend for couples though). The added value of the breakfast and reception for a family of 4 made this hotel the perfect choice for us. I would not recommend for a romantic couple's get away, but great for families. The pool is beautiful and remarkably peaceful given that it is next to the airport and a major highway. We never heard a plane from inside the hotel either. Only downsides to this hotel: it is an open atrium style hotel, so lobby/reception noise travels everywhere. We were on an upper floor, so fairly quiet, but I am sure the lower floors are pretty loud. The bed choices are king or 2 doubles (not queens). Kind of small to share if you are not used to it. The fold out sofa was ok for our 2 small kids, but no way teenagers/adults could sleep on it. Overall I definitely recommend this hotel for families. Suites were large with plenty of space to spread out, microwave and mini fridge allowed for us to reheat leftovers for a couple of meals, and breakfast/reception made life so much easier. Would stay here again. PS...we found all the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

3 Thank ralncmom
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and although the lobby and pool area are pleasant, can't give any positives about other aspects. First off, the staff is very unfriendly and a smile is really hard to find on employees faces here. I spent over $1700 for 2 rooms at this hotel and did not feel like I was on vacation at all!!! I was often frowned at by employees and felt very uncomfortable here. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception were a zoo with long lines a limited options. When we first arrived we spent over $100 on lunch at Patio and received raw chicken in the chicken salad and undercooked burgers. The waitress clearly was not interested in helping us and showed by never checking in on us and disappearing until it was time to bring the check when we were her only table. Secondly, the rooms are in major need of upgrading as the furniture was beat up and carpet was filthy and the pool chairs were dirty as well. This was by first time in PR and The entire City of San Juan was really strange and unwelcoming Stay away, go to the Carribean! I will not be returning to Puerto Rico.

4 Thank LovetoTravel728
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear LovetoTravel721:

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you with the attentive and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I've made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

In addition, I would like to apologize if you found your room to be dirty. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

EXCELLENT hotel... loved the suite, plenty of room; enjoyed the breakfast buffet; we are planning to return to San Juan and this hotel in December of this year. Hotel was 5 minutes from airport. Had great time in the casino.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

3 Thank Shirley W
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good - location, staff was friendly, nice pool, happy hour, breakfast bar and service was good. The hotel itself is nice in the lobby area but our room needed a little TLC. The carpet was not in the best shape, looking out of our windows towards the beach was hard since the windows were really dirty. Bathroom had peeling paint, etc. These are not things that really bothered us but if you are a little more picky about your accommodations, you might check your room first. Otherwise, I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Justmetampa
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'll start with the positives; the room was clean and spacious. The hotel is beautifiul, and the free breakfast was very nice.

The downside was on Wednesday June 12th, 2013 we went down to the pool area and there was a day care camp with a lot of little kids in our pool. they were there from 11a-3p and they took over the entire pool and hottub.They also used all of the pool towels. When I talked to the front desk, they had no idea how long the children would be in the pool. The pool bar and snack shop did not open that day at all and no one could tell us why. By the time the children left, the hottub was lukewarm at best and the next day it was roped off and completely broken.

Then on Thursday June 13, 2013 the hotel hosted a prom. It was no problem for us as we were on the other side of the hotel, however; the prom lasted until 2 a.m. and at 18 they are allowed to have alcohol in Puerto Rico. I'm sure the people above the ball room must have been miserable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristen K
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Kristen K:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed regarding our hotel being somewhat noisy. I sincerely apologize if some of the children staying with us were rowdy and disturbed you in any way. Our guest comfort is our main concern and I assure you that I will be personally speaking to our security department so that this does not occur again. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!