“Spring Break 2013”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Tampa, Florida
“Spring Break 2013”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good - location, staff was friendly, nice pool, happy hour, breakfast bar and service was good. The hotel itself is nice in the lobby area but our room needed a little TLC. The carpet was not in the best shape, looking out of our windows towards the beach was hard since the windows were really dirty. Bathroom had peeling paint, etc. These are not things that really bothered us but if you are a little more picky about your accommodations, you might check your room first. Otherwise, I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Justmetampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'll start with the positives; the room was clean and spacious. The hotel is beautifiul, and the free breakfast was very nice.

The downside was on Wednesday June 12th, 2013 we went down to the pool area and there was a day care camp with a lot of little kids in our pool. they were there from 11a-3p and they took over the entire pool and hottub.They also used all of the pool towels. When I talked to the front desk, they had no idea how long the children would be in the pool. The pool bar and snack shop did not open that day at all and no one could tell us why. By the time the children left, the hottub was lukewarm at best and the next day it was roped off and completely broken.

Then on Thursday June 13, 2013 the hotel hosted a prom. It was no problem for us as we were on the other side of the hotel, however; the prom lasted until 2 a.m. and at 18 they are allowed to have alcohol in Puerto Rico. I'm sure the people above the ball room must have been miserable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristen K
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Kristen K:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed regarding our hotel being somewhat noisy. I sincerely apologize if some of the children staying with us were rowdy and disturbed you in any way. Our guest comfort is our main concern and I assure you that I will be personally speaking to our security department so that this does not occur again. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Thank you again for your review.

Aixa Berrios
Manager
nashville
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Embassy Suites Isla Verde. I chose this resort based on a good price and the included breakfast. I usually wouldn't stay somewhere not right on the beach, but it wasn't too bad of a walk. The first day we went to the beach I never could find the Embassy loungers/umbrellas because there was no sign up. I asked at the front desk and they told me you have to walk to the left a bit and look for the white chairs/umbrellas. I only saw the Embassy Beach sign up once. It was a very nice service to have these chairs/umbrellas available to guests and the staff at the beach was very friendly. The pool was area was great. I tried to get a frozen drink at the pool bar twice but was unable to because the first time, they were not open even though it was 30 minutes past their posted opening time. The second day I tried and their frozen drink machine was broken. The breakfast was great. I never stood in the omelet line but the regular line usually wasn't too bad and the food was good and the staff was very nice. All the staff we encountered at the hotel were very helpful, except the front desk was a little lacking-- Check in was slow and not very friendly and it took 3 calls to get a crib to the room because they said they forgot the first 2 times. The casino at the hotel was really nice. We ate at both the hotel restaurant El Patio and the Outback Steakhouse. Both were good but not our favorite meals of the trip. The concierge desk was very helpful in choosing places to eat and directing us to the bus stop to Old San Juan. We ate at Home @ the Veranda and at Made in Puerto Rico and they were both excellent. The happy hour every evening was a really nice touch and usually the lines were not that bad considering you can get two drinks at a time. Overall, I would stay there again based on the large size of the suite being convenient with children, the free breakfast/happy hour, and the price.

2 Thank jarmes180
Mobile, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wonderful, helpful staff. VERY nice pool area. Of course, Embasssy Suites has the best evening reception with complimentary drinks. Morning breakfast was outstanding especially the made to order omelets.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Penn Hills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have consistently stayed at this Embassy Suites - especially if I am taking a cruise - the kids are in one room of the suite, a waiter served breakfast is included, the proximity to the airport is very close and the taxi ride is a set rate.
This particular hotel is also a one block walk to the beach - so kids can be entertained before getting onto a cruise ship.
Considering the cost and the fact you get two rooms, plus a coffee bar in your room, you can make a pot of coffee, get dressed then go downstairs to a full waiter served breakfast.
Allow a day of two on either end of your cruise before going to/from the airport - less crowds then! Really makes a peaceful vacation.

Room Tip: Depends on whether you like to see airplanes take off - my room faced the end of the runway - loved...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David A
California City, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

let me start off by saying I hate to give bad reviews on Staff members but this was bothersome. We stayed at EMBASSY for 1 night following a cruise, we wanted to make the most of our time. We got there early and they said they would hold our luggage while we sat by the pool and waited for our room. They said they would call or text us when it was ready. We wanted to shower before going sight seeing. We sat, drank, ate, and still nothing. We went back up to the desk and asked how much longer (we were waiting 3 hours) and they were rude. We waited longer......finally my husband asked to speak to management, then the staff was willing to give us a room. why this happened we do not know???? we went to get our luggage and walked right into the holding area which was not locked and ANYONE could have gone in and messed with the luggage that was being held. Once in our room it was very nice. walking distance to beach...nice beach. we took a taxi to old san Juan which was around 14.00? ( I actually preferred staying in Old San Juan. Just because there was so much to do) on the bright side, Embassy had one of the best free breakfast! good coffee, Danish, eggs, several kinds, bacon sausage, juices, and everything was good. I am pretty picking on omelets and eggs. These were good! as far as the fitness center....it was VERY SMALL, 2 treadmills, an elliptical trainer, and weights, but I am glad they offered it. feel free to ask any questions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chantesinging
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Dear Chantesinging:

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Aixa Berrios
Manager
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent stay for business, shopping, visiting places with tha family. The breakfast buffet was spectacular, I had everything I need for a nice breakfast like tv news, complementary newspapers, eating while looking at the fountain and hearing the frogs was relaxing. The beach was far, we walked but the reserved area for the guess, the attention and the service make us feel great.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

#19 of 48 in San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!