“Yes, busy during prom season, but no problem for us!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Jacksonville, Florida
“Yes, busy during prom season, but no problem for us!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here all week, and yes, there was a prom every single night. However, we had already been warned by previous reviews that the noise could be pretty bad if you were on the lowest levels. We requested a floor high enough up that we were not disturbed at all by any noise. And we were in rooms directly above the rooms used for prom!! We also had requested a 2BR, 2BA suite, which for us was on the 4th floor, so it was back off of the main hallway, and we NEVER heard any noise. The rooms were fantastic, with a king bed and bath on one side, and 2 full beds and a bath on the other. We also had Internet the entire five days, at no extra charge for the 3 computers we had with us. My only complaints were that the beds were too soft, and the pillows were way too small, especially for those of us in the king size bedroom.

The lines for both breakfast and the manager's reception can be a little long but went very fast, especially the drink line during the reception. And they give you 2 drinks at a time, of ANY drink you want. I liked their rum punch, which was awesome and sneakingly strong. But when I requested Long Island Iced Tea, it was made and ready quickly....2 of them!! I recommend spending a few extra minutes in the morning ordering an omelet...the choices for fillings are very good!! I took my big mug with me and filled it up during breakfast and nobody said a word. You can even get it to go back up,to your room.

But their shining attribute are the people manning the concierge desk. They all went out of their way to help us when our rental car was 2 hours late, giving us directions to different parts of the island, or when making suggestions for places to eat. They really wanted to make sure everything was perfect for us.

We will return to this exact same hotel every time we visit PR.

Room Tip: The 2BR, 2BA didn't cost that much more than the standard room, and we all had our,own bed and 2...
1 Thank 360Quietflight
embassysuitessanjuan, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear 360Quietflight:

Thank you so much for clarifying your experience during our busy prom/graduation season. The best part of your review was that you will return so that alone makes us so very happy. We are at your services and look forward in seeing you and your Family again. Until then, may you have a great year.

787-641-3263

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
alpharetta, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

we stayed here (vs one of the beach resorts) for the day after our cruise. we had stayed at a beach resort for 3 days prior to our cruise. based on our needs/preferences the beach pool resort was a better fit. the hotel is nice however loud based on the atrium. free drinks are nice (assuming you drink).

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Cheryl A:

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your post cruise which we hope was absolutely fantastic. Have a great year and we do hope to welcome you back at one of our ten Brands in the Hilton Family. Take care.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2013

There are some good qualities this hotel has. First of all the lobby is beautiful. There is a free snacks/drinks hour every evening. But in my opinion, that does not make up for the utterly terrible stay I had at this hotel. I am actually writing this review from the hotel, because I cannot sleep. There is a prom going on downstairs. It's 2 am. There are screaming teenagers in my hallway. I have stayed here for 4 nights so far and I cannot wait to leave. Here are the facts: there has been a wedding or prom every, and I'm not exaggerating, EVERY single night. Loud music, crowds screaming loudly until the wee hours of the morning without a single care for the guests that are trying to sleep at 3 am. There was once some sort of drum-beating, and the party was in the lobby dancing to the loud drums. Guests literally left their rooms and were on their balconies at 2 am to see what the noise was about. It's a disgrace. Had I known this hotel would have that kind of traffic, I would absolutely NOT have booked it. Breakfast ends at 9:30 and the lines are super long, so if you like your sleep, don't count on the free breakfast. They close all their coffee and soda after that, so you can't have anything during the day. But overall my biggest disappointment was the fact that I LITERALLY COULD NOT SLEEP THE ENTIRE TIME. Please, do yourself a favor, and book a hotel that actually cares about you getting the sleep that every human being needs. I will never, ever come here again. I actually attempted to change my flight to escape this hotel earlier. Save yourself.

4 Thank Rena R
Dear Rena R:

First and foremost we apologize for the inconveniences caused during our busy prom and graduation season. Although we strive on keeping all areas as calm as we can with our safety and security team, unfortunately the excitement of the young adults is obvious at times. We have Teams making rounds and keeping our group contacts informed in order to also have their support on controls and processes. I was glad to read your first sentences on the highlight of your stay after reading the heading of your review, so thank you so much for those comments. We do wish to clarify that although the full cooked-to-order breakfast ends at 9:30 on weekdays and 10:30 a.m. on weekends, we have our “Placita” Market Place available from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 pm for coffee and an array of other items.

We strive ourselves for taking care of all guests and have been successful in welcoming many repeat guests back to our Hotel year over year because of our genuine interest for all Guests. Hopefully in time, you will honor us another visit to create a 100% better impression.

Hope your travels back home with your Family was perfect and that you have an even better year. We are always at your services.

Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

one of the best Embassy Suites hotels. great manager's reception (very generous on the alcohol) and very good breakfast with cooked to order omelets, etc. Casino on-site is convenient if you are into gambling. location is only downside. great location near airport, but no night life within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B:

Thank you for your short but detailed summary of your stay on the Island and our Hotel. We look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stay at this hotel when I travel (frequently) to Puerto Rico.
Its generally good in all categories, room is clean and comfortable, wireless works well, cooked breakfast and cocktails are free and very convenient to and from the airport with virtually no traffic.
I also like the Outback Steakhouse which is inside the hotel. Food is good, service is good.
All around they do a pretty good job.
The casino on the other hand is marginal at best. I really don't like how the dealers and the pit bosses are so busy talking to each other (loudly) instead of paying attention to the tables. Not much of a casino, but this isn't the reason I stay there, but it could stand some improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray2k
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello Ray2k:

Thank you for sharing your comments and for staying with us. We appreciate your support, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.

Please contact me directly if you need assistance with your reservations in the future.

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

from the moment I checked in to the moment I departed I was greeted and treated with great customer service! I was here on a business trip,with a couple of extra days to see the sites. The front desk reception, concierge, and bellmen were all so gracious, friendly, and VERY helpful! Staying by myself I was leery of venturing out on my own especially at night - but with guidance from the staff I never felt uneasy traveling around PR. My room - a suite, was exceptional and had a view of the pool and the city! The housekeeping staff was friendly, and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. The managers reception had great mixed drinks, the bartenders were a hoot! The daily breakfast with made to order omelets made other hotel chains breakfast seem boring! The live Salsa band onThursday night was amazing! The fitness center was awesome for a hotel gym! Cardio machines, a corner cable cross-over, weights, bench, body balls and medicine balls! everything one needs for a great workout before drinking down Rum! The hotel lobby is beautiful, serene, and inviting. The pool ha a waterfall, and plenty of space to enjoy a great aqua workout even with kiddies in the pool! I would LOVE to go back to this hotel when I take my daughter for a girls trip to PR inJune!

Room Tip: ask for the 8th floor - room 810 was PERFECT! Quiet, with a great view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear MKTravelingMed:

What a fantastic review!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time during your stay and that you will be staying with us again in June.

We will see you again soon!

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We only stayed for one day Memorial Day weekend (Sunday). The service was great and we really enjoyed the evening reception. I really liked that they had snacks and drinks for the kids too. My four year old enjoyed the Shirley Temple drinks, popcorn, and coloring pages. I have stayed in many Embassy Suites, even ones that catered to families (Honolulu) and this one was by far the best!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello Mellany G:

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!