“Very good, but expensive”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I had a good experience here, but overall the price is high and it should really include parking and that weird "resort fee". Otherwise our room was clean, although the hotel in general is kind of old and needs some upgrades (carpets, etc.). We loved the pool and the hot tub. The free continental breakfast was excellent. Services were quick and perfect. We called them for extra towels, to change a burned out light bulb and to fix our tv channels. They showed up each time quickly and took care of things. Having a fridge and microvawe in the room was nice. Tv channels froze many times, maybe their dish satellite reception needs fixing. Cell phone reception in the building was bad. Our view from the vindow was very boring. I would have loved to have a small balcony rather than the indoor hallways. The artificial bird sounds they kept constantly playing in the building was very annoying. Anyway, if they dropped the parking and resort fees we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this place!! From the hotel, to the pools, to the food, to the location, to the bar to the staff. There was not one single complaint for me. Close to the beach and everything within walking distance, me and a few friends of mine went here for vacation. There was free alcohol from 5:30-7:30 with salsa and dip and even live music in the casino area. There were tvs and bars everywhere so that we could watch all the sports and we had a hard time just leaving the hotel at all! Unbelievable low rates for such a wonderful place. I cant wait to come back here!! Free Breakfast was DELICIOUS!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ashley A
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are a family of four with two young boys and we stayed at this hotel for two nights before a cruise. The rooms are rather dated but still pretty good. Breakfast was tasty and the pool was nice first thing in the morning. We were adjusting to a twelve hour time change so we were awake at odd hours. From the living room area you could hear a lot of noise from the casino but with the bedroom door closed we were able to sleep without any problems. There is a Publix and other stores very close by which was convenient for us. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Excellent property. It is the Embassy Suites: the room, the pool, the staff but my daughter and I enjoyed every single minute. It was just wonderful and a delight to my soul. The Outback restuarant has awesome crab legs, the casino was the ultimate party, the valet service gave on point directions, the front desk staff was very accomodating and informative. We had a rental so we were able to explore PR. I was very glad we choose the Embassy Suites the rooms were very comfortable, housekeeping a tad bit slow with request, room service was quick and we loved the pool. Everything was just as it should be and met our expectations...24 hrs in PR for a Sweet 16 birthday surprise while visiting south beach was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Rooms are not very soundproof. We had to be moved. Service was good. Free breakfast is good. We don't drink so happy hour was no big deal. But for someone else it would be nice.
But, I don't need a hotel fee charged on top of an already expensive room.

Room Tip: Keep as far away from the party rooms as possible if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear john S:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in San Juan. We strive to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that we need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. I am glad to hear you found our staff friendly and welcoming and that you enjoyed our on property amenities.

Please accept our apology for the noise issue you encountered, we know how important a peaceful room is while traveling and we regret this was not your experience.

Thank you again for your input and we hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Puerto Rico.

Aixa Berrios
Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Beautiful property inside and the outside lagoon like pool is just beautiful. The rooms are clean and comfortable and very roomy. We asked for more towels, pillows, blankets etc........ and there was no problem at all. Breakfast was included and fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, delicious coffee, hot cereal, breads and donuts!!!!!!! Pleanty of tables and clean service was excellent. Also had Managers Social with comped drinks and snacks...... the snacks to be honest were not that great... nachos and salsa and stale pita chips and homus...... but if that was the biggest issue....... The place was GREAT!!! We will be going back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I can't express enough, how amazing my experience was the the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde Puerto Rico. I will definately return to this hotel. The staff was very nice, the rooms were comfortable, the pool side was AMAZING!... the Happy Hour!, couldnt get enough of the drinks!.. the breakfast, unheard of!. I would definately recommend this hotel over and over again!. Paid 137 a night, which with the service my family and I recieved, you would think we would have paid more per night. Our Trip was for 6 days and 5 nights. And we spent the mojority of our time at the hotel, and never got bored!. LOve this hotel!.. I would not waste my time rating a hotel unless it was worth it. Keep in mind, this is my first time actully logging on, just to write this review!!. Reviews were what helped me and my family pick Embassy Suites!.. Embassy Suites is your hotel!!!!! You wont regret it!.

Room Tip: 2 Room Suite with double beds! Very Confortable!.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#9 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!