Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with a group of 60. The staff took great care of us and were very patient with so many. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are adequate and comfortable. You can tell it's been there awhile when you get to your room. But it is nice enough. The coqui frogs "sing" in the center court!! Waterfall and lush palms. It's very pretty. Hot breakfast with plenty to eat for all. BEAUTIFUL pool area!! Ask for a floor higher than 2. I was right about the casino/bar. The music sounded like it came through the bathroom air vent!! But folks on the 4th floor said they did not hear it at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KsBug79
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear KsBug79:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the coquis singing in the atrium! I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the music from the casino. I shared your comments with the Casino Director.

We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Lines for free breakfast buffet were ridiculously long. Receptionist when we checked in didn't acknowledge us for a full two minutes. Hotel packed. We did like the pool area - nice and clean. Perfect refreshing temperature.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank swoodruf

Dear swoodruf:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

We want to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I shared your comments with our managers, your feedback is very important and will help us improve the stay for our future guests. I am glad you enjoyed our pool area.

We hope that you do give us another opportunity and stay with us again during your next visit to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just enjoyed a five night stay at the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde. The hotel does get busy on the weekends but the hotel staff does an excellent job providing service. The free breakfast buffet and managers special are an extra value and set this hotel apart from the other hotels in the area. The rooms were clean. As for location, the beach is located about 2 blocks away and Embassy Suites guests are provided free beach chairs and umbrellas. if you do not want to walk to the beach the hotel has a beautiful pool. There are some good restaurants and bars close to the hotel.There is also a bus stop located close to the hotel and we took the bus to Old San Juan. Overall, we had a great experience and would stay at Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joe L

Hello Joel L:

Thank you for your positive comments! We truly appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites during your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just returned from a stay at the Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino. I'm glad I stayed there to know not to stay there again.

The location of the hotel is not convenient to anything you will want to do, i.e. beach, restaurants, shopping.

My bathroom was nasty. First, there was pubic hair, along with other unidentifiable matter, in the bathtub, Second, there was a wet, face cloth hanging on the shower curtain rod. Third, there was a very generous amount of rubber sealant that someone had peeled off the wall and threw into the toilet and it was still there. Fourth, tissues, fortunately unused, had been pulled out and replaced in the dispenser.

Trash bags were hanging over the side of the trash cans, so I had to put them inside the can myself.

When I checked out, I had to interrupt the desk clerk from a personal phone call (I was there long enough to overhear part of the conversation) to assist me.

Also, as just a reminder of the extra "hotel fee" that is added, along with taxes, that a room rate of $139.99 per night, actually turns into $180.25 per night. You pay for hotel amenities you probably won't use. If you have a very early flight, you may miss the "free" breakfast also, as I did.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank TerryJaxBchFL
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Terry P:

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. Our General Manager, Marisol Colon, has indicated that she will personally meet with the Front Desk and Housekeeping Department Head to discuss your comments. We truly apologize for these inconveniences that we can assure you is the exception and not the rule at our Hotel. Our #1 pride is to meet and/or exceed our guest expectations in order to create Loyalty not only to our Hotel but to the Family of Brands with Hilton Worldwide.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel is in very good condition, rooms are comfortable, and the suite makes it a very good value. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. The location is great. However - the hotel is busy and noisy. All of the rooms face the lobby, which is always bustling with people at all hours of the day. At night there is music which can be heard in your suite (although not in the bedroom). Free breakfast, wifi, nice pool area, etc make this a great value - but not if you're looking for peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ercisl
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family was a little nervous about booking this at first as the hotel doesn't have beach front access, but we were plesantly surprised at this hotel and its ammenities. My group consisted of 2 adults and a 7yr old girl. Overall I would definitely recommend staying here as it's conveniently located and affordable.

The free daily breakfast was perfect. It included a made to order omelet station, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juice. The happy hour consisted of free beer and wine, chips & picante sauce, & popcorn.

The hotel layout was pretty nice with the middle area open rooms along the walls. The room was spacious, but it's definitely an older property. We needed lots of towels which took the front desk a while to send. The following day we tipped the cleaning lady and told her we wanted extra towels....needless to say we had no more problems.

The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the beach and provides beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas until 5pm. There are no beach toys available for free, but you can purchase some at the Walgreens down the street. Jose the beach attendant was very handsome and helpful once tipped;-) There were also lots of fast food places down the street from the beach which helped us to find food the 7yr old would eat. There was also souvenir shops close to the beach. Personally I would save your money to get the souvenirs from the vendors that setup in the hotel lobby. They had a guy spinning pottery right there in front of you who sold his stuff at dirt cheap prices!

The pool area had a beautiful waterfall, hot tub, chairs with umbrellas, bar area, and pool table. The hotel conveniently provided towels poolside as well. The pool itsself looked to need a resurfacing in the next year or so, but my guess is that all the sand from people at the beach has expedited the wear and tear. The pool table was in desperate need of new sticks as they were severly matted.

The hotel was about 10 mins driving from the airport and a taxi only costed about $13. A taxi to Old San Juan was only $21 and took about 20mins to get there. We visited El Morro on the last day (there are 2 sections to the fort...El Morro & San Cristobal...I would say you need to committ one whole day to complete both) and rode the free trolley around town afterward.

There was a lot more to do, but we just ran out of time. There is also ziplining in the Yunuque (rainforest), a clear bottom boat ride, snorkleing, Jet skiing, & the Bacardi factory to see there. I have got to plan another trip!!!

Room Tip: Corporate discounts are great...be sure to ask for the rate if you have it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ashley F
Reviewed August 22, 2012

close to beach, clubs, restaurants, Walgreens, etc...close to everything!! The staff, taxi drivers, everyone in Puerto Rico was so nice and my room was so cozy yet spacious i didnt want to venture off the property. Sipping a pina colada w/151 rum while in the jacuzzi...nice! Massage in the garden, fun casino where I actually won money for the 1st time ever, and a beautiful bar open til 2am! This place has everything & the free buffet breakfast was great. You'll have to force yourself away to sight see! Where can you get such ambiance & FREE drinks served two at a time! I was in heaven and will not stay anywhere else!

PS - the hotel is also close to the El Churry truck (showcased on the Food Network) and it was the best sandwich I ever had in my life!! The Embassy Suites Isla Verde is highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Caribe Hilton San Juan
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#18 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!