2,732 results
All reviewsoutback steakhousehappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionsan juanchips and salsafree drinksliving roomclose to the airportmanagers receptiontwo blocksomeletcomplimentary breakfastcocktail hourshort walk to the beachrum punchel patio
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed here 3/21 - 3/23, 5th floor. Condition of room was good overall, not perfect; it had a slow draining tub that I mentioned on checkout. Reasonably quiet room. Comfortable bed with lots of pillows made sleeping very easy to do. Entrance Room (two-room suite) had sofa sleeper, tv, desk etc. with wet bar, microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. Bathroom was clean and adequate with the usual amenities. Hallway outside my room needed better attention when vacuumed; corners had noticeable dust, debris. Outback Steakhouse in lobby was very good and the same as I am used to in the States. Hotel features a very nice atrium where complementary full breakfast is served each morning ( buffet and also made to order omelets, eggs). I did not have time to visit the business center, gym or pool, casino but general upkeep of the property appeared to be very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Was concerned with some of the bad reviews received, but booked a 4 night stay here March 22-26, 2012. Had an amazing time. The hotel was very clean and our room and hallways, etc. always smelled fresh. Staff was very friendly and courteous and always went out of their way to help you. Breakfast buffet had a good selection and was always plentiful...even when busy. Hotel is within walking distance to many things and a cheap bus/taxi ride to old San Juan. Pool area is absolutely beautiful. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks for contributing to an awesome vacation that I took my parents on!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Bucsfanz
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We finally arrived late into San Juan after some flight issues, and this hotel was perfect. Unfortunately, we missed the manager's drink reception, but it was quiet overnight and the breakfast was very good. Not real happy with the $25 "resort fee"... if you're going to charge this fee as mandatory to everybody, then include it in the room rate. If it's not a mandatory fee and truly only for people that use the "resort" (which is explained as the pool area, children's area and fitness centers), then make it an optional fee for the guests that actually use those areas. As I stated, we got in late, slept in, had breakfast and were gone, so no resorting for us to have anything to do with the fee that has to be paid... Minor gripe for an otherwise very nice hotel located extremely convenient to the airport and just a 10 -15 minute cab ride from the cruise ship pier.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I, along with my parents-in-law and sister-in-law recently spend a night here after taking a cruise. I was hesitant about staying here, because I am quite picky about hotels and would consider myself a germaphobe and was nervous after reading some of the reviews for this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and almost wish we had had more time to spend there. It was much nicer than I expected. The lobby area is beautiful (in fact, there was even a wedding taking place right in the lobby when we arrived). The rooms were a little outdated, but were very clean. We had a 2 bedroom suite (one bedroom had a king bed and one bedroom had two full sized beds) with 2 bathrooms and a common living room. The layout worked wonderfully with a different access door to each bedroom and a connecting door between the two areas. After a long week we decided we wanted to take it easy and stay on the premises for the evening. There was a very large pool area, a casino, several restaurants and a store located right at the hotel and accessible from the lobby. The best part was that from 5:30pm-7:30pm the hotel's bar was open and the drinks were free, you just had to go up and tell the bartender what drink you wanted. Each time we went up, the bartender gave us two drinks of whatever we said. They also had all you can eat free fresh popcorn and free tortilla chips with salsa. We spent the night playing cards and having a few drinks and food. Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SizzlingSkies
Reviewed March 27, 2012

It is not on the beach but it is a block away of one of the best beaches in the area. The hotel offers a complementary buffet breakfast and two hours free drinks during the evening (Rum punch is a must). It has a nice pool and good atmosphere. Around $180-200 per night it is worth it. The rooms are suites of course. They have a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge. There is a casino and an Outback steakhouse on property. The parking fee is additional around $12 per day. The hotel is located next to the International Airport and it gets a bit noisy but somehow not in your room.

I’m a local and I love this place as it offers good value. The service is good. You can get anything delivered to the hotel. There is a Ponderosa and many other fast food places nearby. You can find cheaper places around but not with this quality. You won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher rooms to avoid noises
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends