I stayed at the Intercontinental San Juan in Isla Verde from February 6-February 9, 2014 and I had a blast! My husband and I had room #1108 and it was a deluxe Ocean View Room. The amenities included:
Complimentary in-room coffee and tea service* Chaise lounges and towels at pool and beach* Use of oceanfront spa and health club fitness center * Complimentary wireless internet service in rooms*
The resort is beautiful and it is located on the strip so you can easily walk to other resorts/casinos and local restaurants. The staff are knowledgeable and the pool area is a great place to enjoy the day. The beach is beautiful and the resort has an open air cafe with waitstaff so that you can order drinks and food. The beach is great for people watching, running or having a stroll.
Location, Location, Location
-Across the street you will find a mini mart that sells liquor,snacks etc. Because of the resorts prime location if you have a late night craving Pizza Hut or Starbuck's you are in luck. There is even a great place called Bajuice that serves up great fresh pressed juices, smoothies and a wonderful daily menu. The resort is also a 5-10 minute drive to the airport allowing for you to begin your vacation as soon as you get off the plane!
-I felt completely safe walking on the strip at night and during the day.
Although this trip was just my husband and I the resort is a great place for families or even a girls weekend getaway.
*check-in time (4pm). Unfortunately, we did not check in until almost 6pm because the room was not finished. The bell staff were very accommodating (and friendly) with my husband and I when we had to keep getting items out of our luggage bags.
*resort fee (which we didn't mind because it was included in our package, but it maybe a con for some travelers)
San Juan is a beautiful place and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this resort. I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Safe and Happy Travels,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde