I have nothing but praise for all the employees in this particular hotel. We stayed for couple nights in March, and we felt at home the whole time.
Check in was quick and friendly. Odalya (I think that's how it's spelled) gave us a lot of additional information not only about the hotel and its restaurants but also couple places worth seeing around the hotel.
Rooms are very spacious, our view from the 15th floor was amazing. Get up for sunrise if you, and you won't regret it. Room was very nicely cleaned every day. We even received little cheese platter and bottle of wine as a courtesy of the GM. Very nice touch.
Pool area is beautiful. Pool is large enough to swim a little bit, there is a jacuzzi for those of us who feel lazy on vacations. Bar serves really good drinks, I liked the melon margarita a lot. Bartenders and all staff is very friendly as you would expect.
For breakfast you have few different options. One day we went for a buffet at $27 per person. Great selection of hot and cold items, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, you name it. Service was very good as well. William was very friendly and helpful at all times.
Another option for breakfast is a little store inside the lobby called Bodeguita. They actually sell breakfast items during the day and then it turns into little wine bar in the evening. Ariana made our morning by being very pleasant and helpful.
And finally, big thank you to the concierge, Nestor. He was able to recommend the best places to visit not only in San Juan, but also in the towns around.
Location is also very convenient, just minutes from the airport (we could actually see the Intercontinental logo from the airplane when we were landing). If you drive, you can get to Old San Juan in a few minutes on a highway.
Overall, we had amazing time in San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde