We spent six nights here to relax away from the frigid northeast, as 1st time visitors to Isla Verde. The beach is terrific (and not nearly as crowded as San Juan Resort a few buildings east) with some waves and great for swimming, sunbathing, and walking.
Cushioned loungers for guests were a bonus; umbrellas at $10 a day from hotel staff were plentiful at least before 10 am. Security is excellent re. access back into the hotel property via wristbands issued with towel pick-up at the pool. A couple of days it was a little windy. Noise from jet take-offs did not seem that frequent and was not a big deal for us.
We arrived early mid-day and our room was available; minor inconvenience when we discovered it was 2 queens, rather than a king as we had reserved, but that was taken care of after only a little persistence. We were in the club section and enjoyed the room size, and comfy mattress. The bathroom had not been renovated but was fine for us (even though the sink area showed signs of previous patching); plush towels, along with robes and slippers, are a nice touch.
We enjoyed the club section's extensive continental breakfast and then numerous hors d'oeuvres with wine and beer at hand from 5 to 7 pm: coffee, tea and fruit throughout the day. Not the Ritz but very good.
The staff members were welcoming, friendly and helpful!
As others have noted, there are plenty of restaurant options on site, as well as nearby, plus a market, and many fast food places across the street and Walgreen's a couple of blocks away.
All in all, it was just what we wanted (and had a good rate that included ample buffet breakfast, which we did not really need given the club room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde