This trip was a a long weekend getaway with friends in the 30-31 age group, and included a birthday celebration. During our stay, the hotel was undergoing renovations, but we heard minimal noise related to the construction work. The property is beautiful and has direct beach access. When you go out to the pool area for the day, you receive a bracelet which allows you to gain access to the hotel's beachfront area as well as access back to the hotel's poolside area. Beach towels and lounge chairs are provided at the beachfront area by hotel staff. The security is great, so only hotel guests were allowed onto the property from the beach entrance. We were able to rent jet skis at a nearby stand on the beach. The landscaping of the patio/pool area was picturesque. There was also a swim up bar. Members of our travel party arrived and departed at different times, so most of us took a cab from the nearby airport for a flat rate of $15. If you desire to venture off the hotel property, the concierge will gladly call a cab for you and provide directions. We visited Old San Juan and the Bacardi Rum Factory. For evening dining options, there is Japanese steakhouse on the premises, as well as a Ruth's Chris. For more casual dining, there is a Chili's two blocks down from the hotel and of course the poolside bars serve entrees too. This is a great location for relaxation and is reasonably priced. I recommend this hotel to others looking to stay in the Isla Verde area of San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde