“Hampton Inn - San Juan”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Safety Harbor, FL, United States
“Hampton Inn - San Juan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Conveniently located to Airport and Olde San Juan, and local tourist attractions. All the amenities expected and normally provided by Hampton Inn. Front desk staff helpful and courteous, and they have driving directions to local attractions. Happy Hour at the Pool for M-F is a great perk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank David B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I know other people who have stayed in your hotel and had an enjoyable stay. I had to change rooms and even thought I had confirmed the reservation and the room specifications they gave a room that they thought was appropriate for the rate I was given when I made the reservation. I ended up staying in the second room they gave me because I was very clear about the reservation and still they gave me an old, dusty, partial view room. I had a 1 1/2 day conference to attend starting the next morning at 7:30 AM so I had no time to continue going back to the lobby. I don't think the hotel was full, I think the counter personnel treat the guests according to the room rate, and I think occupation must have been very low if the room I was given was not cleaned in a long time. The bed and the linen where exquisite, the only items that seemed to be Hilton quality.

Flushing, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is my third stay here at the Hampton Inn and if I could I would rate it a 10. Under the management and direction of Mr. M. Garcia, who is the best I have met, this property is the best value and has a great location. I know this because I have been traveling to this island for over 20 years and have stayed at other hotels. I wish I would have found this location sooner. The cleaniness , the service, the attention, and the smiles on the employees faces complete our dream vacation with my husband and my friends. The staff are well trained, professional, and resourceful.

I cannot say enough, save your time and money, stay here, free breakfast, 5-7 happy hour .For my birthday the came out with a cake and all sang, thanks to Ms. Flores.

Mtretola New York

Room Tip: No problem with any room here , get out and enjoy the Island
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MTFlushing
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at the Hampton Inn and Suites, San Juan, PR, in February, 2014. We had an excellent experience. The front desk staff was most helpful and courteous, especially Caroline. We had a few minor issues that were handled promptly. The complimentary breakfast was good and offered a nice variety of items. The cheeseburgers at the pool bar were fabulous! The nightly happy hour was a nice bonus and saved us on bar bills! The pool area was small but adequate. Water in the pool was cold and hot tub only warm, not hot. There are numerous good restaurants in the area within walking distance. The beach is several blocks away but certainly walkable. The hotel provided complimentary beach chairs and towels which was helpful. The bus stops across the street and provides transportation to the Old Town (San Juan), and other stops, for $.75 (cash only!). Overall, we had a very positive experience with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Siggy1950
Isla Verde, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can't explain how great this hotel is everytime I stay here. My favorite hotel. From the service, to the staff, to my room, I had a great experience with ym stay. Worth every single penny for everything the hotel had to offer.

Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is beautiful inside and out. The pool area feels like an oasis, and the bar/grill area offers great drinks and he biggest burgers. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are a LOT of perks - when we stayed, they had FREE DRINKS from 5-7PM - unlimited drinks of your choice. They had everything from coke for kids to pina coladas made with high quality rum even! It included snacks and even fresh chef-made crepes! We were there as part of a vacation, but I saw that they had many perks for business travelers as well - 24 hour access to computer labs, business offices with free printing etc etc.
We stayed two nights - Thurs and Fri - before jumping on a cruise on Sat. Thursday was a perfect day but it did get very full and busy on Friday and some of the pleasures were clouded by the amount of people, but still still very nice.
It is close to the airport, so you will hear planes during the day (not during the night luckily) but like I said it feels like an oasis and is gorgeous so you wont feel like you are near the airport or in the middle of a city. The rooms themselves were average, nice bathrooms.
I highly recommend this hotel - you will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and had great access to everything. There were rooms on higher leve...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer V
Madison, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Isla Verde Hamptom is in a great location and near the beach, Old San Juan and shopping areas. The staff at this location is one of the best I have encountered during many Internationla trips. They are attentive, friendly and very customer oriented and always willing to help. I would rate their staff an A+. Food near pool area is very good and they have free internet service where you cna connect anywhere in the property. It can be noisy outside due to proximity to International airport but in the rooms you cna hardly hear the planes. Pretty sound proof. They have new workout facility which is very nice compared to old one with new equipment. Overall a very positive experience and would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. If you are looking for price there are probably better places to stay for a much lower price. Price is mid to high for a Hampton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,114 reviews
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan? Share your experiences!