“Always gooooooooooood”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Orlando
“Always gooooooooooood”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I almost always stay there as it is closer to my office than the Double Tree Hilton in Condado. Great friendly and helpful staff at front desk. Rooms clean and large. Good Internet connection. Double pane windows block airport and road noise. Breakfast is very good. Only negative is their room rate........even corporate rates seem high when compared to other properties I have stayed at. And you also get raped tax wise......Several decent restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Always stayed on the 5th floor, even number rooms - never had a problem.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night pre-cruise. Rooms are large, clean and spacious as is the lobby and public areas. Free wi-fi which is good. But..... It's so close to the airport runway, plus constant noise from the main road outside and the pool bar that sitting by the pool is certainly not a relaxing experience as the noise seems unrelenting! There is also no restaurant on site and the surrounding area is ok, but not somewhere I'd really fancy strolling around in the evening. There are restaurants but they seemed more fast food than we wanted, so went to the Intercontinental which is about 5 mins away to their Italian restaurant, which was pretty nice. The hotel is a much longer walk to the public beach than we realised, 10 mins or so, and the beach isn't that good once you get there! It's about 20 dollars and 20 mins cab to old san juan. So, good value for a brief stopover but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer holiday.

Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The staff was phenomenal, but for $250 a night (4 days 3 nights) I could've stayed somewhere nicer. This hotel isn't even on the beach. Breakfast is good, pool area is beautiful and the sandwiches by the bar and grill are to die for. However, the rooms are a bit stuffy. Furniture could use some updating. Quick 5 minute drive from the airport. I checked out eventually and stayed at ESJ towers now this is an old hotel that could use a whole lot of updating as well but the convenience of having a stove and pots and pans and its on the beach, come on. It also was half the price. ESJ breakfast was phenomenal and the pool area is way nicer than Hampton and it overlooks the beach can't beat that. Another nice hotel on the beach is The San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel. Hampton was a decent time, but for the price paid I found better elsewhere. This is a better stay for maybe a family trip with young children. I took my mom. She had a good time, but preferred the other hotels we stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Joanna A
Plymouth, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were stranded in San Juan when our flight was cancelled. We stayed in a different hotel the first night, before finding this GEM! Free Hot Breakfast, Free Wireless Internet, Free Happy Hour (2 hrs), Free Snacks, Free Massages, Music Poolside, Swim-up Bar, Food for purchase pool side, lots of perks we didn't use. Guest laundry SAVED us! Staff was helpful and fun. Close walk to the beach, casinos and fun dining. Would stay here again!

2 Thank Douglas L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good place for family. Breakfast is tasty and varies from day to day. The building and grounds are kept clean. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Décor was colorful. I especially enjoyed the relaxing furniture. Chocolate chip cookies were available in the evening. The evening reception allowed a time for adults and kids to unwind. Good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I really liked our stay here. We went to PR to celebrate New Years. We knew that it would be very crowded since it's winter in most other places. We planned a little far ahead to make sure we got to do the things we wanted.

The rooms are your standard modern Hampton hotel chain. Clean, and updated.

The pool is pretty small when they are at capacity. So, keep that in mind. The poolside bar is wonderful. It will take a little bit of time to get your food as they grill it on site. Many people failed to grasp that when we were there. It wasn't McDonald's, so it's not fast food.

The front desk staff are EXTREMELY helpful. They helped us call and schedule a few excursions. Also when our flights were delayed due to all the ice storms/polar vortex they helped us with a late checkout, and even gave us a list of local hotels just in case we wanted to be closer to the airport. (Which they already are, but some like to be walking distance in those cases.)

The Negatives - small pool, only 2 elevators on each building. So, when they are capacity it can take a while. The stairs are very assessable, but I know if you have a disability you should want to know this. They are right next to a 'Cockfighting Ring". We had no issues with this, but I have heard it can be a problem.

You have a lot of food places near by to walk. The beach is a 10 minute walk if that away. Also, Walgreen's is across the street if you forget anything.

Overall I really liked this place. I feel if they expanded the pool, and maybe adjusted the elevators it would be even better.

Room Tip: We were on level 5. We couldn't see the water, but it's nice to be up in my opinion.
3 Thank Brittani G
Chatsworth, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was stranded in San Juan during the bad weather in New York after New Year's Day. I choose the Hampton Inn because it was close by the airport. I was greeted by friendly staff and my room was so comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would choose the Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan? Share your experiences!