I stayed here just for 1 night, for less then 8 hours prior to an early flight.
A taxi from the airport will cost between $15-20, depending on how many bags you have and takes less then 10 minutes.
Check in was fast and staff where very polite and helpful.
I stayed in a twin room and the beds where very comfortable. The room seemed a little dated, however was of no concern to us. The usual in room amenities you come to expect of a hotel of this class could be found, safe, ironing board, TV etc.
The bathroom had a leaking pipe under the sink which we noticed just before going to bed, which caused no issues to us due to our short time in the room and was reported to reception.
Due to my early departure I was unable to make use of the breakfast.
There is a small pool area with a pool side bar which I did use in the evening with a small BBQ and prices where very reasonable with local beer also being sold. Everywhere I encountered in the hotel was clean. On my arrival free freshly made cookies where available in reception.
The hotel is a short 5 minute easy walk to the beach and it seemed there is plenty of choice to eat if you require within the area.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again. I believe the old part of San Juan is a distance from here, but this hotel suited my needs for my very short stay, which I enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Isla Verde area of San Juan, Puerto Rico, the Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan hotel is five minutes from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) and steps from Isla Verde beach. The hotel is located in the vibrant Isla Verde district, near Old San Juan and numerous historic sites, restaurants, nightlife, museums and shopping. Guests at this San Juan hotel can enjoy a variety of options for water recreation. Spend a day on the beach with free beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, toys and nearby sports vendors. Jet-ski in the surf or spoil yourself with a massage by the sparkling pool. Experience vibrant Puerto Rican nightlife, including live music in the resort or try your luck in the nearby casinos. Savor international cuisine, including classics, modern Caribbean dishes and delicious burgers - voted the best in San Juan - at the swim-up Cabana Pool Bar & Grill, or dance the night away in a nearby nightclub. Feel at home in a spacious and modern guest room or suite at this San Juan hotel, all with free WiFi. After a day of sightseeing or sunbathing, relax in the pool or amidst the tropical gardens and admire the San Juan skyline at sunset. Sip free Puerto Rican coffee at breakfast and unwind every weekday with a free cocktail at the hotel's evening reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn And Suites San Juan
- Hampton Inn Carolina
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn San Juan
- Carolina Hampton Inn