This Hampton Inn, chosen for me by my company, is located very close to the airport in San Juan, and for me, that was about the only thing that worked. My room overlooked the infamous cockfighting ring, and overall just felt worn and a little seedy. Fabric on the chair in the room was old-looking and I did not trust its cleanliness so I avoided it. The bathroom was just ok clean: I now always wipe surfaces with a handiwipe and so therefore removed the spot of blood on the toilet seat on my own. Ugh.
The bed was good, but with those extra squashy feather pillows which are, for me, useless. There was a lot of noise in the hallway so I had to keep the fan on all night to get some sleep. In defense of the hotel: I did not make an attempt to see if there were other options and, out of sheer boredom with the whole thing, I did not report my concerns about cleanliness, so the hotel did not have a chance to move me to what perhaps might have been a better room. I just decided to leave two days early and cut my losses.
The pool is, as others have reported, very small and was filled with little children so I did not go in. I did enjoy a pretty delicious cheeseburger at the grill by the pool, and as others have mentioned, the manager's "happy hour", available 5-7 p.m. M-F was quite generous...if you wanted to, it appeared you could go back and have as many drinks as you could in that time frame. Snacks were icky--liquid cheese from a machine with tortilla chips. I also hoofed it down to Mi Casita for a take out meal, which is always pretty tasty.
Maria at the front desk is very friendly, and the lobby is pretty. Breakfast was exactly what one gets at a Hampton; I can usually make it work by having the oatmeal and/or cereal and juice.
Overall, because I know there are better options in the area (I love the Embassy Suites), I would not stay here again. That said, the price for the room was on par with the quality and it might work just fine for someone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Isla Verde area, the Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan hotel is perfect for business and leisure travelers with a swim-up Cabana Pool Bar & Grill, weekday evening reception, free WiFi and free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn And Suites San Juan
- Hampton Inn Carolina
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn San Juan
- Carolina Hampton Inn