“Great value for little price”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great staff. The welcome you with a complimentary drink by the pool. The gym is ok with fairly new machines and they offer a nice breakfast. Fast internet and great location.The rooms are clean and nice ( I stayed in the right building )

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tommy M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The staff at this Hampton are very helpful & friendly. The rooms were clean & comfortable. If you are going to San Juan,Puerto Rico, I recommend this Hampton.The only drawback is it near the airport and not close to Old San Juan, but there is city bus service right across the street . For 75 cents you can go direct to Old San Juan where you can see the old fort & castle .There is a free trolly running around the old town so you can shop along the cobblestone streets.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cscsflorida
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights of business travel. Reception was very friendly and efficient. Social each night included rum, beer and snacks (mostly chips and popcorn). The pool area is great and has a social feeling plus there is a grill which looked pretty good although I didn't get a chance to try it. There are dozens of restaurants, a Walgreens and more in the immediate area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I wasn't going to write a review as I have mixed feelings on the stay. The staff were courteous and the common areas were clean. Breakfast was decent and the poolside bar food was very good. The problem was room #144 on the main floor facing the pool area. There were ants all over the room. Not your average ant, these things were tiny and more in the bathroom then the rest of the room. They were on the bathroom walls and the tub area and the sink counter area. Also on the desk/table by the window in the room. I did tell two different front desk people about this and the response was "Thank you, we will have Orkin check it out after you checkout. We stayed 2 nights. I never heard from a manager or was not offered any compensation or room change. The hotel gets good reviews here on Trip Advisor and that is why I have decided to write review. Hampton Inn has a 100% Satisfaction guarantee but I have not heard from the hotel and I did do a guest survey from the management. I also have written Hilton Honors about this. Just beware of room #144. We of course will not stay there again.

Room Tip: avoid room #144
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TwoFromColumbus
Mcollazo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Again, we apologize for all the inconveniences and we will work with our staff to ensure that we correct them. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at mayra.collazo@hilton.com.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here in 2009 with my mother, daughter, and grandson. It was perfect! We rented a car and had a suite for a whole week. Love P.R.

Recently, this year 2012, I stayed there again expecting the same experience, but sad to say it wasn't the same. We only stayed for 1 night because of cruising the next day, but we got an ok room (nothing like a suite we had before) I am also disappointed in the "new" lobby look. It was much better before and beautiful. Now they have some guy in there selling jewelry. Not cool at all! Please bring back the beautiful lobby area that you had before you remodeled. I don't know why people try to fix something that isn't broken.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the left side of the lobby when you walk in. Otherwise, it's just another hot...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank cindy b
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a pretty decent hotel. I was put here because my flight was cancelled. It's five minutes from the airport, so the aircraft can be heard taking off, but, that said, it's alright as a basic hotel goes. The pool is in a courtyard at the rear, its well maintained and is a little sun trap, with a Tiki Bar at one end serving fantastic burgers (really, they were amazing).. We arrived Friday evening and were treated to two hours of complimentary cocktails - bonus!

The room was good, nice big beds, clean sheets, a safe and a pretty good TV, although the carpet in the hallway was getting a little tired. Nice and clean bathroom in good condition, with complimentary toiletries. Vending machines on every floor , with a little shop on the ground floor. Breakfast was very good indeed (considering we hadn't actually paid for the room). There's a decent choice and plenty of coffee and juice. All in all I was pleasantly surprised - it's not quite "El Convento" ( still the best hotel in San Juan IMHO), but it doesn't have to be at the price it charges. A good, clean, decent hotel. p.s. The staff are lovely: pleasant, charming and dedicated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank City_Watch
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I was completely amazed at the service and amenities at this hotel. Upon our arrival the hotel manager Marcos greeted us and got us into our room right away. Throughout our stay he was very helpful giving us recommendations on where to eat. Marcos knew my family and I would be traveling to El Yunque and he made sure we got dire tion befor going. The other workers on the hotel were just as plesant. We had a bit of an issue with the water pressure and drainage in our room. Each time we called the maitnance crew responded right away and were extremely nice. The biggest plus about this hotel was the continental breakfast. We never ate the same breakfast because the hotel switch up the menu. The food tasted home made and was always warm. Overall I was very pleased with this hotel. It was an inexpensive place and offered alot. I will most definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Verdanza Hotel
Verdanza Hotel
#9 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan? Share your experiences!