“Great Staff!”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was very impressed with the overly friendly staff and how they went over and above to make sure we were happy and comfortable. The Spa & outside Bar Staff were beyond accommodating, I would go back just to have that level of service again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jenny W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the Ritz San Juan , I was greeted with champagne for my birthday and the service at the front desk was great, but that is where it ends. The room has been updated and looks so much better than it did last time, but as I pulled the sheets back to watch a movie the sheets were stained with something funky. I called the front desk not once but twice to have them change the bedding only to be replaced by a sheet with a tear in it. I then ordered dinner a capreze salad and dumplings and a small pizza (sharing) the food was so bad it reminded me of late night munchies from a local bar, I said to my friend why even eat this it is a waste of calories . Oh and the bill 80.00 for bar food. I am sorry to say this Ritz has yet to still turn it around to hold themselves up to the Ritz standard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank danietravel
RCSJU, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Danietravel,
I appreciate the comments you provided on Trip Advisor regarding your Birthday vacation at our resort. Thank you for highlighting our room upgrades we did last year. I am sorry that not everything went to your satisfaction; however we will take your feedback to continuously improve our offerings and services. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, for you to enjoy a nice getaway to our property.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Not up to the par with other Ritz like Grand Cayman or Cancun. The service is mediocre at best, with staff always looking to get tips only for anything that you do. It was our 2nd wedding anniversay and not one it was recognized by anybody at the hotel. The room was dirty with worn out carpets, the corridor on 10th floor smelt like it was just painted for the whole week. The breakfast buffet was just average for $70 for two people.. Next time I will stay at the Marriott in Condado. Much better area, staff, hotel and food. This is not Ritz

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MichalP76
RCSJU, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Michael P.
Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for your nice comments about Cayman Island and Cancun. I appreciate your comments you posted on Trip Advisor and we will certainly take your feedback for our continued improvement of the facility and service. Please forgive us for not being recognized to your 2nd anniversary, I do hope we can make this up to you in one of your next visits to Puerto Rico.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Most of the staff were fantastic, a few that require some training. Front desk manager was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very dated and in need of some TLC. The restaurants were good, but plan to spend some cash. $12 for a glass of orange juice, and the resorts fees are to high for this property. Rooms were OK at best, furniture was very dated and in need of a new look. The pool was disgusting, I wouldn't put a foot in it. The beach wasn't any better, trash around and the chairs were very dirty. Next time we will will not stay in this area you have to get a taxi to go anywhere, and if you want a car plan to pay a $25 fee a day for parking. Robert the (Bell) went above a beyond to make sure we were happy.

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have a balcony, you may want to ask when you book.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susan M
Dear Susann M.
I would like to thank you for your comments you posted on Trip Advisor. We are continuously working on improving our facilities, processes and services; therefore your feedback is much appreciated. Puerto Rico has been nice places to visit, Isla Verde is conveniently located to many of those.Thank you for highlighting Robert’s services, I will recognize him in our “Red Carpet Recognition Line up” for going above and beyond.
General Manger
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2014

One cannot help but be impressed by the staff - always cheerful, always welcoming and eager to
serve in any way possible. The rooms were lovely and extremely clean. The location of the hotel in downtown San Juan allows for enjoying restaurants and shopping and enjoying "Old San Juan"
which really has a lot of history. The restaurants on the premises are varied and all are
excellent. If you just want to enjoy a pina colada by the pool . . . . you've come to the right place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RCSJU, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write this wonderful review on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate you highlighting our rooms, the variety of the hotel restaurants as well as the convenience to Old San Juan. We are very fortunate in Puerto Rico, we have fabulous restaurants with many offerings to our guests. We look forward to welcome you back soon to enjoy another Piña Colada on the Beach.
Jackie
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I just stayed 5 days at this beautiful resort located right on the beach. The staff from management to beach assistants were all very courteous and hospitable. The room was comfortable and overall clean. Needed a deep cleaning in the bathroom as there was some orange residue on the counter and floor. Not dirty but something almost staining the surface. The restaurants were excellent. The meeting facilities were great. Special events were first class. We had our welcome party on the beach in the evening and it was definitely a welcome to paradise experience. I lost a small earring in the lobby area and it was found and returned to me in great condition. The customer service is outstanding. They were in the process of painting the hallways while we were there which is a testament to the continuous upkeep required by a resort of this size. Although the odor was prominent, it was good to see them paying attention to the condition of the resort. The pool area was very pleasant and clean. Large enough to accommodate everyone, The beach was wonderful - not private by law in Puerto Rico - but it was well maintained with staff to set up chairs and umbrellas with towels and tables - very attentive to details. Wait staff came around to serve your beverage and snack needs. In all I had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend this resort. Everything is pricey but of course it's the Ritz.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view with balcony on the 2nd floor - view was blocked by beautiful trees so I would...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
South Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2014

OK, so this review is for Ritz management. I've stayed at the RC SJ a number of times over the years, twice so far in 2014. Here's the deal, you guys have really upped your game. You've always had a great staff, but over my last two stays I've really noticed a difference in the quality and professionalism of everyone - front desk, room attendants, waiters, curb/valet guys, bartenders . . . everyone. Great job.

OK, for everyone else reading this, stay here if you can afford it, it's a fantastic hotel and without a doubt the best hotel in San Juan, period. M

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport are double pained, so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Corevel,
On behalf of all the Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our resort. I appreciate the wonderful comments you posted on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to see that you noticed the commitment to service by all the team members.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Jackie
#19 of 48 in San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan? Share your experiences!