“will never go back”

The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is real nice and the house keeping was great and so was the bell hop but the staff that walked around to make sure everything was ok was terrible. We felt like we didn't belong. My granddaughter pick the hotel she said it was a nice hotel but after we got there, it just wasn't what I expected. This was my Granddaughter sweet sixteen and she wanted to spend it at the Ritz Carlton and i'm so sorry that people made her feel this way.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy C
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan

Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the few hotels in the San Juan area that actually has a beach. Great location! Felt totally spoiled by staff. Restaurants were all excellent. A bit pricey, but well worth the expense! I would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel repeatedly over the years as my husband travels there frequently on business and have found the staff really make the experience at this hotel great. The hotel is probably not as "luxurious" as you might expect at Ritz Carlton hotels but the staff go above and beyond. On our last trip, our luggage was lost so we called down in the evening to see if we could get some basic toiletries for the next morning. My husband mentioned that I had no hair styling products either and to my amazement, the next morning they delivered a bag with toiletries as well as a curling iron, hair styling products and hair spray from the salon! Needless to say, it made the lost luggage much more tolerable!! In addition, my room key was not working in the business lounge door and I was let in manually but rather than have to run down to the desk and get the key recoded, they took care of it in the lounge for me and always with a smile.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful property, friendly staff but the pool was over crowded and mobbed with kids(felt like I was at Disney) save yourself and avoid BLT -horrible!!! Il Mulino was amazing. They have a bar bite menu before 7:30 and great prices! Hotel was a distance from restaurants so cabs are needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 172TRAVELER
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Wife and I and two other couples were in San Juan this past week and had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz Carlton in Isla Verde... We've stayed in luxury hotels before, so the amenities were about what we expected, but what made our stay extremely pleasurable was the staff. They were friendly, helpful, gregarious & fun... especially the bartenders at the pool bar & grill (Thanks Robert, my shoulder is feeling much better!) Overall I would highly recommend this Hotel for a luxurious and relaxing stay in Puerto Rico. There are nice restaurants within walking distance (Metropole across the street is a must visit) and you are a 15 minute cab ride to Old San Juan. The $$ for the food and drinks at the hotel were pricey, but what the heck you're on vacation right? We also stayed a few days at the historic El San Juan Hotel down the street and it's great too with more pools and the vintage lobby with live local music and dancing, but the staff at the Ritz Carlton are much more engaging.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel, great service. The beach was ok (seaweed was a bit much, but it didn't ruin the experience). We were there during Hurricane Earl, which blew in overnight. But by the next morning, you could hardly tell anything happened. The grounds were back in order and everything was in it's place.

Our room was very nice and comfortable. I loved the bed! The bathroom was spacious with enough room for all my "junk".

The staff members were extremely helpful. We found what was we considered to be an unacceptable piece of trash in our room one day (that didn't come from us, but probably from the couple before us). My husband discussed it with the front desk and in within minutes we were moved to a suite and had all charges removed from our hotel bill. This was the most courteous staff I've ever seen.

My husband enjoyed the casino, but had to go to one down the street to get in on a poker game.

We truly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What can I say? They treat you as family, from the valet to the housekeeping ladies! Food is authentic and delicious, and most important always served with a smile! The rooms are always at the perfect temperature, and the beds , ahhh... The Club level service is outstanding and flawless. The property is well located close to restaurants , shopping area and tourists attractions.
You can't go wrong staying here! They spoil you constantly!
We will be back soon...

Room Tip: High floor and a pool or ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan? Share your experiences!