“Perfect hidden spot for a perfect meal”

La Playita Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We came upon this little gem purely by accident, as we had walked the stretch of beach to the east of it and to continue had to get on the road. We arrived soon after sunset, but I imagine this being a wonderful place to enjoy a cocktail in a future one. We ordered the ceviche, which was out of this world. It was made with mango and lime juice and served with homemade tostones (which my PR friend declared the best ones she's ever had a restaurant). We also shared a fried red snapper, which was served with delicious cold slaw and more tostones. We returned a couple of nights later and I had the crab cakes (so scrumptious and delicious) and shared the churrasco, which was serviced with a delectable chimichurri sauce. The variety of mojitos available was excellent as well. I had one made of parcha (passion fruit) and my friend had a guava one. Both were dangerously tasty. We were staying at the Ritz Carlton and when we return we plan to visit for a 3rd time!

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Found this place online and took a cab from Candado as we pulled up the driver and us was a little skeptical the hotel is like a motel in the states.

The restaurant was off of the ocean with amazing view the food & drinks were DELICIOUS. They played Bob Marley as we ate Fried Ref Snapper, Seafood Mofungo and Drank CocoLoco out of a coconut. Definitely a place to go

Reviewed September 1, 2014

The hamburgers are really, nice view and a really good coco loco drink. The parking is experience even for restaurant customers.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This place is a little off the beaten path, but well worth it. You can literally sit on the water and enjoy the view. The food is great as is the atmosphere and wait staff. Must try the Churrasco wrap at this place!

1  Thank Tatiana R
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife, son and I ate here based on positive reviews. The restaurant itself is at the back of a small hotel near the Isla Verde point. Parking is very limited. There is no indoor dining however all but a few waterfront tables were under cover. The decor is not fancy but the food was awesome. I had the churrasco mofongo with chimichurri and it was the best churrasco I have ever eaten. Very tender. My wife had the risotto and said it was excellent as week. There is a children's menu as well with the usual items. The service was good with out being intrusive. It's a little bit more expensive than nearby places like Metropol but it's a lot quieter, the views are better and the food is worth it.

1  Thank Pistolpjh