“Good and bad”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
flowood, ms
“Good and bad”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband had skirt steak that was very good and I had shrimp. They tasted like they came out of a grocery store frozen food bag with no seasoning. His steak was good but my dish was bad. Manager compensated me for half the cost of my entree. The restaurant sits on the water so the view is good but basically it is a bar...plastic chairs type restaurant...definitely had better.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank frc59

“We would go back!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

After reading alot of mixed reviews about La Playita we were on the fence, but decided to go anyway. Like some have already said the service is a lil spotty. We had to wait an unusually long length of time for someone to come over after we sat down. I ended up flagging down a waiter, but from that point on he was on his game and took good care of us!
And for the reviews that said they got a free Speciality drink? Im not sure when they went or if it was for a limited time, but we arrived for dinner at 7 and asked about the Coco Loco and he told us we could order one but it wasnt on the house?? So i dunno!
I ordered the Churrasco Mofongo and enjoyed it ALOT. I would go back there and I would probably order this same dish. All in all it was a nice dinner experience. I've been to alot of restaurants in PR and while this wasnt the "most authentic Puerto Rican experience" its on the water, they have Puerto Rican cuisine and the vibe was good. I will recommend La Playita to friends!

Visited January 2014
Boston
“Great Find”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It's not easy to get to, but worth the effort. Great food, great hospitality, and a beautiful view.

Five of us showed up on Christmas night, hungry, at 700pm with no reservation. We were taken to a table immediately, and drinks came fast.

We ordered the mofongo, which was delicious. The wings were fine- not great, not bad. The giant coconut drink was sweet, delicious and strong. The service, up to the main course, was great.

Then there was a fire in the kitchen. Not sure there really was a fire or that it was disorganized, but quick refills (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for free made everyone happy. Ultimately, all but one dish came out. The burger was great, and the mahi mahi was excellent. the shrimp carbonara was a little more of a alfredo sauce and only okay. One dish long delayed, came out when we were ready to leave- they offered to wrap it to go and took it off the bill.

The service was off, but with five free drinks, a free dinner item, we were well attended to.

It's a fun, low key, inexpensive- even if we paid for the drinks and additional menu item.

I enjoyed it a great deal. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank sgwhitman
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great view”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Service was mildly slow but if you accept your on island time you will be fine. Food was good all the way around and the restaurant was clean and kept up. Prices were moderate. I would go back.

1 Thank TravelTheWorld-MemTN
Bayport, New York
“We walked out after an hour after not getting our food.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is an adorable restaurant with a fab view of the ocean. That's where it ends. We waited 15 minutes to get a menu and when we tried to order a drink when he dropped off the menu, we were told "wait a minute". They basically got angry with us and chose to ignore us. We walked out after an hour.

• Visited January 2014