“Enjoyed dinner and drinks and great service!”

La Playita Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Ww checked this place out after reading reviews here and on Yelp. It was a total hidden gem. Great food, drinks and service right on the water. We walked here from our hotel several times. Great spot!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We found this restaurant at the end of our stay. Our food was excellent and the "Coco Loco" was the best drink I had all week. I had the ceviche and empanadas and my husband had a burger. We were so full that we ended skipping dinner! The view from the restaurant is fabulous. Had I gone there at the beginning of my trip I would have been a regular all week!!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fun restaurant with surprisingly good food. Deck right on the water. Live music some nights. Fun wait staff who serve great drinks.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We hit up this restaurant on our last day before leaving to the airport. We started off with coconut drinks which were so refreshing! We then had the ceviche also amazing! We both had mofongo as we were hooked on it our entire trip. I had the seafood one which was delicious! We were speaking to our waiter about different rums because we wanted to pick up some bottles to take home. I forget the name of the one he suggested, but he also brought over some complimentary shots for us to try. Nice! To top off the great meal we also took in some gorgeous views!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have been to the restaurant twice on our trip now and probably go there more. First time we had fish (salmon and mahi mahi) and both were excellent. Second time I had a burger and my spouse had a wrap, both excellent again. Kids have had chicken strips and grilled chicken, all excellent. The strips are one of the best I have ever tasted, quality chicken with some real taste in them. Not just battered chicken. The grilled chicken is very tasty and good also.