“Interesting but not worth it”
Review of KOCO - CLOSED

KOCO
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Pros:
- Beautiful
- Romantic ambiance
- Trendy

Cons:
- Food is average (more interesting in the menu than in the plate)
- Average service (not bad, but doesn't stand out) that auto charge 20% tip

Although the place looks great and have a good ambiance the core of the whole dining experience is the food and the service which are not worth it for the money you are going to pay; including the 20% tip that will be included automatically to your bill.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Just finished dinner and it was excellence from start to finish. The tuna tartar was the very best I have ever had and the Carib-Asian Noodles Fruta de Mar was equally excellent, and the desert - homemade mango ice cream with crepes-was delicious.

The decor is absolutely beautiful - serene, hip , and sensual. The decor surely adds to the total dining experience, an experience that all visitors should seek out and enjoy.

We are looking forward to our next dining opportunity at this wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

After eating at several other restaurants in San Juan we tried Koco on the recommendation of the concierge at the Ritz. It was excellent in all respects. The Halibit was sensational and the flat iron steak was flavorful and cooked as requested.Excellent service also. We were a party of 8 and each person raved about their meal. The deserts were great especially the crepes with mango ice cream. Should be ranked in the top 10!

Reviewed November 2, 2010

The Ambience is nice., but the host never says Welcome.!!! Practically ignore. I was told to seat wherever i want. Im wait for 10 min. to be attendant. The waitress coming im i order drinks appetizer and entrees. But i felt very bad because i order a Flat Iron Steak (MWell) and they made rare. I asked if is posible to maked (mWell) and she said Ok.
But for my surprise she came back very quick with my food, cold and the same term. I felt very bad but didnt want to send the plate back to the kitchen. So i disared to take a home. She never ask me is the food was ok. She said may i retire.
My husband ate Seared diver scallops , he ask her for an appetizer to have it as a dinner and she said no problems. For my surprise the plate only had 6 bay scallop only with sauce for $30.00
The waitress never come again just for a check, what makes me feel she was embarresed. I frequently eat in different rest and this is my WOrST dining experience.

1  Thank iraima
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Loved the food, wine, service, and ambiance. Really reasonable for Isla Verde where most of the restaurants are quite pricey. We ordered a four course meal and each plate was served so beautifully and created a different feast on my palate. I really enjoyed the experience..the decor is sleek and will be back!

PS. We brought a four year old and chef made a special plate just for her. Flexibility is key.