“Very festive.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Orefield, Pennsylvania
“Very festive.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Went for my daughter's birthday. The waiter paid special attention to the children, making them giggle throughout the evening. The food was delicious especially the fish taco. Fun atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014

Algonquin, Illinois
“A Fine Place To Grab A Meal”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Located in the beautiful El San Juan Resort, KOCO is billed as a modern Carribean restaurant, rum bar, and lounge. Brightly decorated, modern, and staffed with people who provided impeccable service, KOCO provided a menu of favorites plus those with a little twist. An example would be their signature mojitos, served with nearly every type of fruit mixer under the sun. My guest had a seared tuna that was delicious, but my paella ended up being too salty for my taste. However, I will still recommend you try out this culinary experience for yourself.

Visited January 2014
Washington DC
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a truly terrible experience at Koco on New Years Eve, probably the worst restaurant experience we've ever had. Something was clearly wrong at Koco - it was understaffed, they had clearly double booked reservations, there was no identifiable manager in sight at any time, and the hostess made a bad situation much worse by not informing anyone waiting about the situation or when they might hope to be seated, and acting downright rude when would-be patrons asked. We witnessed a waiter punching a wall at the bar and storming out, people walking out, and a table who'd been seated for over an hour being informed that the dishes they'd ordered had run out and they would have to start all over again and order something else. Our reservation for 4 was at 9pm; we stuck it out and managed to be eating food by midnight. Our waiter was nice and my coconut risotto was tasty, but my daughter's steak was tough and steak fries were uncooked in the middle. Since we selected this restaurant in part because of the reviews on Tripadvisor, we thought we should post our experience. We go to Puerto Rico during the holidays and usually stay in Isla Verde but we will definitely NOT be back to Koco.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank M&CMother
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We ate here for dinner while staying in the El San Juan Hotel and it was delicious! Although we had a reservation, it was not needed for the (relatively) early time when we were eating. The service was wonderful and our waiter even gave my husband a small rum tasting at the bar so he could decide which rum he wanted to order with our meal. We had the fish tacos as an appetizer which were fantastic. I had a vegetarian plantain dish and my husband had the seared mero as entrees and both were great and very flavorful. We left no room for dessert but I suspect those were good as well.

• Visited December 2013
“Good food - expensive”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We ate a bit later and it was open a bit later, which I liked. The food was good but not fabulous. However, the fruit vinaigrette dressing was very good.

Visited January 2014