On the plus side, this hotel has a stunning location overlooking a beautiful lake, which on a clear autumn day is amazing. Unfortunately the rooms are all overlooking this view, and the outside part of the bar area, which must be very noisy in summer. My room (208) had a lovely view, but while I had a window, I was surrounded by balcony rooms on both sides of me, so once I stood at the window I felt a real lack of privacy. I was also overlooked by more rooms to the left, where part of the hotel jutts out with more balcony rooms - so if sitting in bed, I could see into rooms from most sides, and presumably, they could see into mine. I also found the bathroom to be of poor quality, with soap, shampoo and shower gel firmly nailed into the wall (it's a four star hotel lads - if you don't want the customers to rip you off then charge lower prices!!!), cracked tiles, grout and a grubby shower curtain. One niggly thing that wouldn't bother everyone was the two separate cold and hot taps - so I either had scalding hot water or freezing cold - annoying when removing my makeup!!! There was also a helpful "for sale" notice in the bedroom - you could buy the facecloths for five euro, the tissue holder for twenty five euro - ie if you steal anything this is what we will charge you! The worst part of the room (and to be fair, the actual bedroom was quite nice, if a little worn) was the fact that it was inter - connecting with room 209. There is absolutely no sound proofing between the two rooms, so much so that I could hear the other guest clear his throat, and at half five in the morning, have sex over and over - while this isn't the fault of the hotel, the ease with which I could hear, certainly was. I could even see the light from their room round the door frame in mine! Overall though the hotel is nice, I had some good bar food and the breakfast was okay. If it was a LOT cheaper, I would stay again, but at 150 euros it is WAY overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford