“A little gem with so much to offer the guest”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Dublin, Ireland
“A little gem with so much to offer the guest”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We have just returned from a nights stay in Ferrycarrig. It was a special occasion and we mentioned this when booking our room. Not only did the General Manger upgrade our room at no extra cost but on arrival there was a lovely box of chocs and a balloon in our room. A card was also posted under our door to wish us a happy anniversary. This hotel ticks all the boxes. I first went to the hotel possibly 35 years ago as a kid and was always impressed to receive an easter egg for breakfast on easter sunday! We continued to visit the hotel through the years - even celebrated our honeymoon there! It goes from strength to strength and every visit is special. The rooms are fab, the food is great and the atmosphere is second to none. Staff are so friendly and helpful. This hotel ticks all the boxes. Thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Being a frequent traveller to Wexford I thought I would try out this hotel. The service from staff was top class and friendly at all times. The room was spacious and very clean with a great view. My 4 year old is still talking about it !

• Stayed July 2010
Wexford
Reviewed August 23, 2010

A very nice, well managed hotel. The staff are nice & friendly. Great for kids, although I wouldn't like to be pushing a pram around because there is a lot of going up & down stairs as hotel is split level. The kids club is excellent, although for a child friendly hotel, the pool closes a bit early for children - 6.30pm, which on these long evenings is a bit too early if you are out & about all day. Lovely breakfast every morning with complimentary newspaper & they have a lovely garden to sit outside. Our 3 night package included an evening meal, but I was very dissapointed when we arrived at the restaurant to be told it was buffet night. I had made the reservation early the previous day & would really have appreciated if the girl had told me this becuase I would certainly not have gone that night. I must say the food was grand but it was very dissapointing when you are imagining "haute cusine" to be getting "pub grub". I had read their evening menu & was really looking forwarded to the seared scallops or other delights - but this was more boiled spuds, etc. so I felt a bit cheated by this. But on the whole it was great value for money & I would certainly return again.

Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Just back for this hotel, have stayed in many hotels in ireland and would not rate this as 4star. Needs updating, place seems a little jaded. The staff were very friendly, couldn't fault them, if I had check trip advisor i would have got the kids bit. I felt I was staying in a glorified creche, I understand that in this recession hotels have to find ways of getting bodies in but there seem to be nowhere to get away from the little treasures,although there was a section just for adults, but it was like we were the ones to be keep out of sight!! For two nights b&b it wasn't actually cheap. I just expected better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
kilkenny ireland
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Just back from a 3 night break in Wexford,and this hotel was top class from check in.We upgraded to a room with a balcony and the views of the lake are spectacular.Everything in this hotel is top class,however the USP has to be the excellent staff.All staff are friendly,eagar to please and could not do enough for us.The food is also excellent,special praise th the chef for the Tuesday buffet night.House wine at 17 euro is exceptional value for money.The facilities for children are fantastic,a nice touch was the balloon left on our door on day of departure.The leisure facilities are also excellent.Well done to all the staff and management

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
nhearne, Front Office Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind review regarding your recent stay with us here in Ferrycarrig Hotel. I can only agree with you regarding our Top Class Staff, they are a credit to the hotel and it is lovely to hear that their hard work is appreciated. I will also pass your comments on to our Head Chef who will be delighted to know that you really enjoyed his Family 'Abondanza' Buffet Evening.

Thanking you again for the lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,

Kindest Regards,
meath
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I would highly recommend the Ferrycarrig Hotel for a Family Holiday. We found there was so much to do for all the family. We are a family of 2 teenagers and 2 children under age 5 and the older kids had loads to do with the pool and games room and the little ones just loved the kids club and thought they would never get their in the mornings. The whole setting of the Ferrycarrig is relaxing and is a home away from home. The food was excellent in the hotel and we have never found a hotel like this where we ate all our meals in the hotel and never ate out. For ourselves we thought the Fitness Centre was the best we'd ever been to in a hotel. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and courteous and it really became a home for us while we were there. We will definitely be making a trip back to the Ferrycarrig soon.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ocarrmeath
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our Health & Fitness Club Crew are a great bunch of guys and it is nice to hear that all their hard work is appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to review Ferrycarrig Hotel,

Kindest Regards,
Cork
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This was probably the most enjoyable stay in a hotel with my family ever. My kids range in age from 12 to 7. We struggle to occupy them and most kids' clubs really don't accomodate the 12 year old. They thoroughly enjoyed activities at the Ferrycarrig and it gave my wife & I some much-welcomed time to relax by ourselves. The food was top-class. My kids are picky eaters, but they left the hotel raving about the food. We had two adjoining rooms, one with a balcony. We had plenty of space, in bright & clean rooms - the balcony was an added bonus, over-looking the river. The bar is pricey. Otherwise, we found the hotel to be excellent value. I would highly recommend this for a family. I will definitely go back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of Ferrycarrig. I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay & enjoyed all the facilities provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We take our Family Friendly Hotel of the Year Award very seriously and like to make sure all the important 'little people' enjoy themselves :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!