Just back form a 2 night stay at the Ferrycarrick and have to say we had a very relaxing time. The hotel is located in a very picturesque location and is a few minutes drive from Wexford town and other nearby historic towns and sites.
Reception was professionaly efficient , friendly and passed on all necessary information that was required. The decor of the hotel is clean and I thought the restaurant and bars had a nice charm . The room we had was spacious , clean and had all the expected mod cons, and we were lucky enought to be in range ot the free WI-Fi, which Reception declared has a limited range from a central point of the hotel.
Upgrading to a balcony costs €10 per per person per night which we though was a bit over the top so we remained in our assigned room which was to be honest was quite comfortable. Bar music could be a problem if staying in a room nearer to the Lounge but it does stop at 2AM after which it was quiet.
The leisure centre is nice and well presented , except Children are requested to leave the pool at 6PM which for a family friendly hotel is a little bit too early, especially when check in is 4PM.
We only stayed B&B but the served breakfast was presented well and was very tasty indeed. The Dry Dock bar has lovely views and an outdoor deck if you prefer to socialise in the open air - really nice chill out area :-)
We had our evening meal in the hotel in the Dry dock bar and were impressed with the quality of the meals , especially the steak option which was delicious and no more priced than similar fare anywhere else.
There is a Kids club (high season / weekends) but we had our own itenary so my 9 yr old did'nt use it ,but from observations it look's ok .
lastly we found the Staff, from the barmen to the waiters, receptionists to the General manager , very friendly , approachable and came across no problems whatsoever during our stay.
In fact , the attention to small details by the Hotel staff impressed me as if small things are important within the administration it should follow that the more important things are being cared for too.
E.G. Kids Klub information sheets slid under the door in the morning.
Leisure club attendant offering a free cuppa while I was waiting ages for the Ladies
Helium filled baloon tied to the outside handle of the room door on day of dep.
We would definately return and our only gripe was that we wer'nt staying longer ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford