“lovely hotel but not relaxing” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
dublin
“lovely hotel but not relaxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for 1 night over the bank holiday weekend for a relaxing break. The hotel is lovely and our room was so spacious and comfortable, the staff are so friendly and couldn't be any more helpful. Unfortunately during most of the night there were noisy drunk guests coming and going and messing. It's important to note that this could happen in any hotel and there are signs asking guests to be mindful of noise at night time but still very frustrating.

When we finally got to sleep we were woken at 7am by some kind of metal popping noise which I think was the next door bedroom shower 'waking up'. It was very loud and went on for about 10 minutes at which point I'd given up on sleep. At checkout I got a 'thank you' but was not asked how was our stay, I would have been quite happy to explain directly and not in a review such as this.

As mentioned its a lovely spot with some great staff but going home feeling wrecked and annoyed was not worth paying for.

3 Thank kellykc1
jokeeffe, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Kellykc1,

We would like to thank you having taken the time to complete your trip advisor review regarding your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We very much appreciate all feedback which assists with reviewing and improving hotel services. We are delighted to read that your room was spacious and comfortable and staff helpful and friendly.

However, It is very disappointing that your experience with us was impacted by noise from other residents. Despite the best efforts of our night porter age team, not every guest acts how you or I would choose to act while staying in a Hotel. While this is unfortunate, it is now increasingly a sign of the times and I’d like to sincerely apologies for any disturbance you experienced.

Please be assured that if we had been made aware of guest disturbance issues at the time they were experienced, we would have done our very best to contain them.

In conclusion, it would be our hope to have another opportunity to showcase Ferrycarrig to its usual standard.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

___________________________________________________________________________
Ferrycarrig Hotel values genuine feedback from our guests which help us stay focused on delivering customer care. It forms part of our on-going review of standards and quality service in the Ferrycarrig Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Polish first
Cobh, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

A recent visit to the Ferrycarrig Hotel in Wexford as a precursor to a possible future stay, has left us reconsidering such a choice. Having a reputation for both location and value for money we decided to drop in for a light lunch during a recent visit to the town. Being St Patricks weekend the hotel was very busy.
Family specials are widely promoted but due to its idylic setting setting Ferrycarrig also attracts weekend away seeking couples of which we include ourselves.
Having decided on a simple bar snack of two sandwiches and and coffees we were assured that our order would be processed quickly. The two coffees arrived but 15 minutes later there were no sandwiches. Our enquiry was met with a firm " the sandwiches are made fresh here " ! Another ten minutes, coffee finished and we enquired again. A more reprimanding tone from the respondent this time in how busy she was told us that maybe we should reconsider our future choices. Yes the setting is excellent but service is equally important to the enjoyment of ones stay. We are no longer sure Ferrycarrig can satisfy our expectations on this level.

1 Thank David19502013
Dear David19502013,

Thank you for taking the time to supply us with some feedback from your recent visit to Ferrycarrig Hotel. We genuinely appreciate and respect your comments, as it is primarily through feedback that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our valuable customers.
It is very disappointing that your dining experience was not up to our highest possible standard of customer care and service. We all work extremely hard to ensure our guests expectations are not only reached but exceeded. I am saddened that we failed on this occasion and for this I sincerely apologise. I have discussed the issue you raised in your review with the service team and again they are hugely disappointed that their standard of service have fallen short on this occasion.

I sincerely hope you will consider returning to Ferrycarrig Hotel in the future when we can demonstrate to you that your experience was an exception, and not what our customers have come to expect from Ferrycarrig Hotel.

Jeanette O'Keeffe
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Could not get my head around the layout of this Hotel,Very dated facilities and bar staff/Check out staff quite rude,There was a wedding on during our stay and the place was over run with it,Lots of banging and shouting throughout the night,I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me,Very overpriced IMO

3 Thank Gordon M
Dear Gordon M,

I would like to thank you having taken the time to complete your trip advisor review regarding your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We very much appreciate all feedback which assists with reviewing and improving hotel services. I am sorry that the hotel lay out was not to your liking. The lay out of the hotel when re building 1991 was to change the car park from the front of the hotel to back and the reason behind this was to give full view of the river side location and an opportunity for guests to sit out and enjoy the use off the bar decking or balconies from their rooms to which sets us apart from other hotels within the area

I am disappointed to read your comments with regards the staff being unfriendly and rude as the management and staff aim to provide exceptional customer service. Throughout our reviews our staffs always remains our number one asset. We have raised your concern with the team at a recent briefing. It is very disappointing that your experience with us was impacted by noise from other residents. Despite the best efforts of our night porter team, not every guest acts how you or I would choose to act while staying in a Hotel. I sincerely apologise for any disturbance you experienced throughout your stay.

We hope we will be afforded an opportunity to welcome you back to Ferrycarrig in the future and to have you experience the true hospitality for which we are renowned. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in relation to your recent stay. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

Kind Regards,
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed at The Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford for a period of approx 10 days!!! I arrived in Ireland and my first port of stay was at this great hotel!!! The location is wonderful, the food was lovely breakfast being extremely good!!! The staff at breakfast were so lovely then there was Tracey at the front desk well she could not do enough for me!!! I also went to the Hairdresser there and wow Yvonne was brilliant and Brenda was extremely nice also!!! I am very picky with my hair however not only did I walk out both times feeling great but I also had such a lovely time chatting to the girls!!! My entire stay at this hotel was very good and I have already to my friends back home in Australia!!! I also had a couple of my Dutch friends who came to visit me and they also got a room at the hotel and enjoyed their stay!!!
I think the only problem is that I didn't get Wifi connection in my rooms!!!
Overall though I think that this hotel is a wonderfully warm caring yet professional place to stay!!!
Thank you to all of the staff including the Bar staff with whom were very attentive and friendly!!!
Yours faithfully
Jodie Hodgson ( Australia)

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Jodes8888,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in relation to your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted you enjoyed your stay. Your high praise encourages us to keep up the good work and we are particularly fortunate to have such a great team. Your complimentary comments regarding the facilities, staff, and food provided to you by the team here at Hotel are delightful to read. I have passed your comments to Tracy, Yvonne and Brenda whom were so thrilled to read of your feedback. I note your comment in relation to the Wi-Fi in your bedroom which is being dealt with by our maintenance team at present.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ferrycarrig on your next visit to Wexford.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Drogheda Co Louth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Have just attended a conference at this hotel. Well done to all the staff, you are an exceptional bunch. So many Hotels could learn from you. You are kindness personified and I will certainly be back to avail of your warmth and the fab food. Started the diet already.
Well done to one and all.
Rosemary

Room Tip: All the rooms are so spacious and restful. Maybe up date the showering facilities but its not a majo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear RCoyle,

We welcome your kind feedback which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated. Your complimentary comments regarding our facilities and value provided to you by the team here at Ferrycarrig Hotel are delightful to read.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming back in the near future.
General Manager.
Castlebar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

It says it all in the intro . Best part of it was opening the curtains in the morning and looking over the water was breathtaking. Best start to the day in years .the staff were very friendly and the food was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Mickeymac33,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay, especially our breath- taking view of the River Slaney . The view itself is spectacular but it has it' s magical moments with that first glance of the sunrise . I am glad that this feature was the best in years for you.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regard,

General Manager.
____________________________________________________________________________
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm just back from staying here for two nights on business. The hotel is in a truly beautiful location, on the water. It would be fantastic in summer. The reception staff were friendly and courteous. The decor in the hallways was a bit tired and while the room was clean, and the bed comfortable, the paintwork needed touching up and there were some chipped tiles in the bathroom.

The leisure centre is excellent with a decent 20m pool that is open from 7am for that refreshing early morning swim!

The food was good and the portions good sized. Breakfast was the normal buffet style - I hate the orange juice you get which is from concentrate though. I had fish dinners (salmon and cod) each night which were both very good, and the final day had sole for lunch which was excellent. Service in the restaurant was patchy and needs attention - it was slow at breakfast and a bit patchy at dinner with veg arriving a bit too long after the mains. On the first night my dessert was not delivered and because I was chatting away, I didn't notice until too late!

This is rated as 4 star, but I'm not sure. It was comfortable, has a good leisure facility, but is a bit tired looking and I felt the restaurant service let it down. With a bit of work, I think this could be a good hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul_41LD
Dear Paul_41LD

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Ferrycarrig. We are delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful location of the water, courteous and friendly staff at the front desk. We genuinely appreciated and respect your comments, as it is primarily through feedback that we can continue to exceed the expectation of our valuable customers. We take very seriously our responsibility to provide you with the highest possible standard of customer care and service at all times. We all work extremely hard to ensure that our guest’s expectation are not only reached but surpassed. I am disappointed that some elements of your stay did not live up to your expectation and for this I apologise. I have discussed the issues you raised in your review with the restaurant team to which corrective measures have being taken to prevent the same issue arising again. I note your comment in relation to your room and it paint work along with the décor of the hallway. Our Maintenance team are actively working on this at present.
Thank you once again and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Ferrycarrig Hotel on your next visit to Wexford.

Kind Regards,
___________________________________________________________________________
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!