Stayed for 1 night over the bank holiday weekend for a relaxing break. The hotel is lovely and our room was so spacious and comfortable, the staff are so friendly and couldn't be any more helpful. Unfortunately during most of the night there were noisy drunk guests coming and going and messing. It's important to note that this could happen in any hotel and there are signs asking guests to be mindful of noise at night time but still very frustrating.
When we finally got to sleep we were woken at 7am by some kind of metal popping noise which I think was the next door bedroom shower 'waking up'. It was very loud and went on for about 10 minutes at which point I'd given up on sleep. At checkout I got a 'thank you' but was not asked how was our stay, I would have been quite happy to explain directly and not in a review such as this.
As mentioned its a lovely spot with some great staff but going home feeling wrecked and annoyed was not worth paying for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford