“Lovely hotel”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a very nice few days in this hotel, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had great food in both the bar and the restaurant. The best part about this hotel has to be the location.. On the banks of The Slaney river,it was stunning and helped by the lovely October sunshine. We will definately be back

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear dubmulders,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in relation to your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the fantastic views and friendly, helpful service you’re received during your stay. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful location set on the banks of the Slaney Esturary with the hotel offering this view throughout the building. We are also delighted you enjoyed the food both our restaurant and bar.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming back to Ferrycarrig in the near future.

Kind regards,
General Manager.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Write a ReviewReviews (1,993)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night break in The Ferrycarrig and I was very impressed by it.The hotel is in a beautiful setting on the river Slaney and I would recommend trying to get one of the rooms with the balcony overlooking it.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of there way to keep to ensure that we were looked after.
The only thing I expect from my hotel room is that it is clean and comfortable and I have to say that The Ferrycarrig Hotel ticked both these boxes.
Only reason I'm not given this a rating of 5 is that I was disappointed with the bar food we had on the Friday night and ended up going into Wexford Town on Saturday to eat.

Room Tip: Try get a room with a balcony over the river, we were charged an extra Eur 40.00 for this so althoug...
1  Thank mark d
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear mark d,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment in relation to your recent stay at Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Our location is magnificent with that wonderful view of the Slaney Estuary - a well designed property to give all aspects of the hotel this amazing view. It is great to read that you received excellent value while staying in our deluxe room with a balcony which I am sure added to your overall experience along with the superb facilities on offer throughout the hotel. I am delighted you found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and they went out of their way to ensure that you were looked after. However, I truly regret that you did not enjoy the barfood on Friday night and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you direct so that I can gain a better understanding of the circumstances that lead to your review. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Ferrycarrig in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jeanette O'Keeffe,
Genreal Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Recently we had a family reunion and stayed at The Ferrycarrig. We had a great time and enjoyed our night at the hotel even though it was very busy with a wedding. Our small family group initially felt crowded out as we were sitting in the lobby area but the wedding party moved on and the crowd control by the hotel was well managed and didn't interrupt our group.

The setting of the hotel is lovely and the views over the river are stunning. We ate in the hotel bar and food was straight forward but very good. My husband had the local fish and chips which he loved.

The location of the hotel was ideal for our family coming from Dublin Airport as it was a straight run down the N11. Parts of the hotel look like they could do with a face lift, our bedroom was standard but clean and comfortable, just a few small things let them down - next time I will bring my own shampoo and hairdryer as the hotel offering is B&B standard not 4 star. Staff in the hotel are a real asset and were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast next morning was excellent and just what was needed after a late night, we will definitely be back and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank octavia j

Dear octavia j,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We are truly delighted that you and your family enjoyed the Family Reunion. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff as being a real asset to the hotel to which I will convey this to the team at our next team briefing. As a team, we are all highly committed to providing superior friendly quality service to all our guests. Following your comments, we have investigated the possibility of upgrading our hairdryers to which will be considered in our next phase of renovations.

Look forward to your next return visit to Ferrycarrg Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here recently. This hotel is in a wonderful location, and the views from the bar & restaurant really take some beating. It’s a shame that there is almost an air of neglect about the place, with a lot of the features and fittings in need of an update / refurbishment. First off, our room. It was located on the lower ground floor. We were staying in a room that was located past the laundry, hr offices & a corridor filled with trolleys, cleaning products etc. We did feel a bit like reject residents, banished to the gloomy depths of this hotel. Our room ended up being OK. Nothing outstanding, but a good size, clean & with a decent sized bathroom. No frills or fuss, but we were not expecting bells and whistles! We had our lunch in their bar, which was very good. It is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, with good food, a buzzy atmosphere, and of course, the wonderful views. Dinner that evening was a disaster. The food was dreadful. We sent back two dishes, and they were very good about comping us for one of the meals. We had been looking forward to the advertised "Flaming Friday" and had been told by the barman that it was indeed going ahead - only to be told once we arrived to the restaurant that it did not take place during the Summer? It was the end of September! I have to say we did have a pleasant stay, and breakfast was really good - the sunshine in their dinning room added to the experience. All in all, it was good, not great.

Room Tip: Ask not to be sent to a room down past their laundry!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank verdell2010
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Verdell2010,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Ferrycarrig. We genuinely appreciated and respect your comments, as it is primarily through feedback that we can continue to exceed the expectation of our valuable customers.
It is very disappointing that your dining experience was not up to our highest possible standard. We all work extremely hard to ensure our guests expectations are not only reached but exceeded. I am saddened that we failed on this occasion.
I would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a better understanding of the circumstances leading to your review. Please be assured that we are committed to providing the very best of customer service and care, it is with this focus on excellence that we retain a high level of repeat guest.

Kind Regard,

_____________________________________________________________________________
Ferrycarrig Hotel values genuine feedback from our guests which help us stay focused on delivering customer care. It forms part of our on-going review of standards and quality service in the Ferrycarrig Hotel.;

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a night recently. Arrived at 2.50pm to be told rooms would not be available until 4 and was offered complementary tea or coffee, I was annoyed at this as our intention was to use the spa early but its hard to open bags in reception to get out swimming gear. We went to the bar for coffee and I had to return to the car as I didn't know the reg number, when I returned to reception I could hear the receptionist telling the porter how rude we were and how we had thrown our bags on the ground in reception and stormed off. This was totally untrue and I took great exception to the receptionists attitude. She then told me that she would have our room in 10 mins and that she would ring my mobile. Guess what, this didn't happen and we had to wait until 4. On the landing going to our room I met a charming cleaning lady and I just asked her how long the room had been ready and she told me since about 1pm.There were a number of families who had also arrived before 4 and they were all made wait, they were also annoyed as their intention had been to use the pool area with the kids as well. I think this hotel has a policy of not letting people have their rooms until 4pm which seems strange to me. The receptionist also claimed that we were advised of this when booking, we were not. In short the attitude of the receprionist was unplesent and rude.
The room was excellent, the bar was great and we loved the adult only area, the lounge girl was plesent and chatty and very good at her job, I did get her name but have forgotten it. The food in the restaurant was excellent but 4 or 5 different waiters served us. Who do you tip?
The pool was fab but I did not like the idea of young kids(girls) in the gents changing room especially as there was a private area for them in the locker room.
Breakfast was excellent and overall the experience was a good one but the receptionists attitude after a 3 hour drive was not appreciated or deserved.
I have worked in the hotel business and rooms not available to guests until 4pm to me is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I attended my friend's wedding here and got a special offer of three nights for the price of two. Myself and my partner had a really lovely time. The food and atmosphere were excellent and the staff were very helpful throughout. I got my hair and make up done at the hotel on the morning of th wedding and both turned out great. It was great not to have to leave the hotel at all. I also made use of the pool, sauna and jacuzzi - a great way to ease the hangover! The gym facilities are also very impressive. I would recommend for both couples and families looking to get away.

1  Thank ElaineO149
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Elaine O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in relation to your recent visit to Ferrycarrig. We are truly delighted you enjoyed your stay. Your high praise encourages us to keep up the good work and are particularly fortunate to have such a great team.
Kind regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We visited the Dry Dock Bar for lunch whilst on holiday in Ireland and opted for the Kilmore Quay deep fried fish in crispy batter with chips and mushy peas. If they had described it on the menu the way it came to us I would have left and found somewhere else. It was tasteless luke-warm fish in a soggy batter, with mushy peas which looked like a thick pea soup slopped all over the plate with average chips. At 14 euros it was rubbish. I was also served a glass of water which had a crack all down the side of the glass and was dangerous. The fish and chips on the Stena ferry at £7.95 was far superior, in fact it was really very good.

3  Thank skibereencork
nhearne, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Skibereencork,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Ferrycarrig. We genuinely appreciated and respect your comments, as it is primarily through feedback that we can continue to exceed the expectation of our valuable customers.

It is very disappointing that your dining experience was not up to our highest possible standard and for this I sincerely apologise. We all work extremely hard to ensure our guests expectations are not only reached but exceeded.

Kind Regard,

_____________________________________________________________________________

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!