“Dancing in Wexford”

Ranked #1 of 1 Ferrycarrig B&B and Inns
Wicklow, Ireland
“Dancing in Wexford”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

On a recent dance trip to Wexford I stayed over at the Ferrycarrig Lodge. This 4 star b&b is in a good location with lovely views over the river. The room I stayed in was spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. After a good nights sleep I enjoyed a delicious full Irish breakfast. I dined in an excellent restaurant on Wexford quays called Fordes.Thank you to Margaret the owner for her kindness and helpful advice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sean s
manager58-29, Owner at Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review following your stay at the Lodge.It is always very pleasing to see our guests enjoy there stay and have positive things to say about the establishment,it would be a pleasure to have you return in the future,Margaret.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Ferrycarrig Lodge for a weekend when we went to Wexford to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The lodge was top class and the owner was a lovely helpful person. the rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the breakfast excellent. Good location for exploring Co. Wexford. Check out Margaret's home made scones "delicious". Recommend for a quiet place to relax in style.

Room Tip: rooms at the end have beautiful views over the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
manager58-29, Owner at Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review.Delighted you were happy with your stay at Ferrycarrig Lodge! Best wishes,Margaret
Kriegstetten, Switzerland
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We traveled around Ireland and landed in this nice B&B just at the beginning of our journey. It was the perfect start for our trip.
The athmosphere is nice, the people are very friendly, the breakfast was delicous and gave us enough power to get through the day and into the next pub.
Margaret was very helpful with directions and helped us to find something to eat even on good friday.
Thanks a lot for the pleasant stay. We will come back some day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your recent review,delighted you enjoyed your stay at Ferrycarrig Lodge while you were in Wexford.I do hope to see you back for a stay in the future if you return to Ireland.Best wishes,Margaret
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the third time I have been to Wexford in the past three years,,on each of my visits I have stayed at the Ferrycarrig Lodge.This is a well managed and professional establishment located minutes from the CBD of wexford town,where you can find bars,restaurants,stores etc..
I live in New York City so coming here is something I really enjoy it is a beautiful house in a great location.The rooms are all of excellent quality,they all have plasma tv,s with cable channels and also rooms have safest deposit boxes.There is also free wifi for customers to use.I always look forward to the full Irish breakfast I have each time I stay and overall I simply cannot fault this Bed and Breakfast in any aspect.If I continue to come to Wexford in the future I will continue to make my reservation at the Lodge.Highly recommended to all those looking for a quality B&B at reasonable rates and within close proximity to Wexford town.Thanks again,I hope to be back again in the future! :)

Room Tip: I have always stayed in room 1 on each of my visits and have no complaints with that!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
manager58-29, Owner at Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive review again,very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and would be delighted to see you in the future! Margaret
northern ireland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Initial contact with Ferrycarrig Lodge, Margaret's son was pleasant, friendly & helpful. When we arrived we were treated to tea & biscuits. We had a beautiful room, exceptional cleanliness lovely Irish view of river & rolling fields, Margaret our host was friendly & very helpful with directions & local tourist scenes. The bed was very comfortable with beautiful sheets & breakfast was as per our request. Overall the lodge was excellent on price & food was tasty & well presented. Margaret is a lovely friendly host with your holiday needs her utmost concern. Thank you Margaret

Room Tip: All rooms have panaromic views but the quieter rooms are at back of the Lodge. Dont be afraid to req...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathleendevlin50
manager58-29, Owner at Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive review.I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ferrycarrig Lodge and I would be delighted to welcome you back here if you are in the area in the future.Margaret
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wonderful Hostess. Tasty ample full Irish Breakfast. Beautiful Setting. Warm in every way. Margaret is dedicated to your comfort and well being whilst in her lovely home which carries a little of Ireland's history in its structure. Ask her about it! After a long day out you return to a comfortable room, make yourself tea or coffee. and retire to sleep in a very comfortable bed. Highly recommended - Enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms are 'A room with a view'. As The Lodge lies well back from the road (with ample p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pedro265
Thank you very much for your positive review,I love to hear guests opinions whether its positive or negative having stayed at Ferrycarrig Lodge,this information allows me to see where we are delivering as a Bed and Breakfast to our guests and also if there are certain areas we need to improve on moving forward.I hope to see you again in the future! Margaret
Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was an extremely nice B&B. The location was perfect - back from any extremely busy main road. Easy drive to Wexford and any other attraction. We used this location as a starting point for visiting Waterford Crystal Factory and The Dunbrody Ship in New Ross. Margaret and her son were extremely friendly and helpful. The accommodations were clean, pleasant and comfortable. My wife and I recommend this B&B to everyone who is looking for a quiet get a way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie D
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts having stayed at Ferrycarrig Lodge.I am happy you enjoyed your stay here and hope to have the pleasure of having you back again if you make another trip to Ireland.Hope life in Nevada is treating you well.Margaret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
Ferrycarrig Hotel
#3 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Ferrycarrig Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!