I didn't stay at the resort, having read the reviews it did not sound like a great place to stay. I only went for a day tour for the hot springs.
1) The hot springs itself is amazing, your hair turns to ice while your bottom half is nice and hot.. a great experience in winter.
2) Everything else was average. Only one main restaurant and a cafe with okayish snacks. Not a lot of options if you're staying here.
3) Staff was VERY rude in the restaurant. You cannot book a table, you must wait outside, but you cannot wait at the bar and then move to a table when it's free. They won't tell you this, I asked if this was okay but the waiter just made a face at me and didn't respond, so when a table was free we moved to the table, then got rudely asked by a waiter 'who allowed us to sit at this table?' He kicked us off the table back to the bar stool and said there are many people waiting outside for this table. There was NO ONE outside. We had to eat our main meal at the bar, and when we were finished and left the restaurant STILL NO ONE sitting at the table. It really ruined my experience eating. No reservations allowed so who is he saving the table for? I dont mind if he was nice about it but he did not apologise, just accused us that how dare we sit at the table without him letting us.
4) The main atmosphere in the activity center is very touristy and crowded. I am very happy I didn't stay here and stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites in Fairbanks, it was much more comfortable and the staff are a lot nicer.
So overall just come for the hot spring.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chena Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chena Hot Springs Hotel Pleasant Valley
- Chena Hot Springs Resort Alaska/Pleasant Valley