“Smoky flavour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pilpel by the Sea - CLOSED

Pilpel by the Sea
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Buderim, Australia
“Smoky flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Dined here on a Saturday night as a group of 9. The restaurant was full and the atmosphere was quite nice. The seating is quite cramped as it is only a small shop front. I'm 6 foot tall and found it difficult being seated right against the inside wall with very little room for my legs. The set menu is actually better than I expected as you get a massive variety of starters before the main meal comes out. Most cooked items have a lovely smoky flavour throughout, particularly the meats and eggplant. The table does get very cramped with the large number of plates of various starters but this is only a minor issue. The staff were friendly throughout the night and make you feel welcome. A very enjoyable meal, my only criticisms would be the small space for seating and maybe the lack of a sauce with some of the meats (particularly the koftes) which are cooked well but could still use some moisture. Would definitely go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JoelCarpenter

“A wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We dined here on Friday night & really enjoyed ourselves. The food is wonderful, lots of little starters followed by the shared main of different meats, prawns & chips, then finished off perfectly with a small serving (thankfully, as we were stuffed!) of this incredible ice-cream. The lemonade was delicious also. All the staff were friendly & the owner, Adiel, is genial & a fantastic host. All around, a wonderful evening & we'll be back very soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Suzanne K
Brisbane
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Drove past with the family and decided to try it - we had no booking but they made space for us straight away. Great service, laid back :) the chef came out to chat a few times and he was great! Friendly staff and DELICIOUS food. Right at the start, the Chef seated us, lent down and said "Here we don't have a menu, so don't be expecting one" and then went on to explain why :) I have to say, this was a great experience. My family and I would travel there from brissy again just for this place

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jordana S
Brisbane, Australia
“Fun, fantstic food and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Another who was taken by the Great South East report. Everything about this evening was just great, food service and friends what a combination. Take a chance and you won't be disappointed, Adiel makes you feel welcome and that nothing is too much trouble, just ask.
I ate foods that I normally wouldn't touch and they were beautiful, as others have said book a street table under the heaters and you've found a winner.

3 Thank Livestats
Brisbane, Australia
“Great value for an authentic middle eastern feast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to Pilpel for the first time last night for dinner. An early mother's day celebration and my mum was the one who chose the restaurant having seen it on the Great South East and then having read the other TripAdvisor reviews. I wasn't convinced about a set menu since there are lots of things I can't eat but it was so easy. The head chef and owner, Adiel, came out personally to find out what I could and couldn't eat and gave me the run down on what I should avoid. As it turned out I could eat almost everything that was served, which was a real treat.

All the food was delicious and full of flavour. The carrot with coconut, Israeli pickle and the charred eggplant were my three favourite entrees and the chicken and lamb were the best out of the mains. There was an abundance of food but we were still asked a few times if we wanted anything else, as you can order more of whatever you like if you are still hungry. We did not need to order anything, but between the five of us we polished off every last mouthful.

Be aware that it BYO all drinks as they just serve water and homemade lemonade, so come prepared and I also recommend booking a table as they were fully booked last night and I think they are going to pretty busy for awhile to come with all the publicity they are getting at the moment.

I am definitely planning on going back for another round, at $39 per person and no charge for corkage as you serve yourself your drinks, it was an absolute find. Nice one Mum, you found a winner!!

2 Thank TheTravelTipster